The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Going back yeaaaaars, maybe up to ten, there was a Grolsch advert in which there was a wedding procession. In the usual "forever hold your peace" bit, the main man of Grolsch shouted "stop, this bride is not ready. she needs to evolve a few million years".

He pulls the headdress of the bride and there's a chimp underneath. Made me cackle. I was about ten or eleven at the time.

More recently, the whole "poo at paul's" thing. My sister and I have created massively crude similar alliterations, including having a wee at Williams, a dump at David's, a number two at Nigel's, a tinkle at Tim's, a crap at Chris's, etc etc.
Reply 41
Madjackismad
Oh yeah, also the Fosters advert.

Get some Australian into you.

Then at the end it says,

Brewed in the EU

:facepalm: :facepalm2:

The worst is that advert on the radio "Fosters, get some Australian into you. Brewed in the EU." lol it just kills their selling point.
Reply 42
diamonddust
'You wouldn't steal a car.' :ninja:

Oh I hate that with a passion. Maybe someone should tell them that some people do, in fact, steal cars. "Piracy is a crime" No, really... you don't say. :rolleyes:

What really irks me about it though is when that advert comes on DVDs that you've paid for. Why make me watch that advert when I've bought the product? I know they don't want people to pirate the DVDs to the internet or other people but when I see that advert I have an urge to return the DVDs to get my money back and pirate the damn things (I haven't done that but the tempation is there). Then you wouldn't have to watch that rubbish and be richer. Grrr. /rant
Cillit Bang.

"HAY! I'M BARRY SCOTT."
razorbladekisses
It has to be make up brands advertising their fantastic mascara and then in tiny print at the bottom of the screen it says 'filmed with false lashes' :mad: The mascara can't be that great then!

Exactly, or shampoo adverst with hair extensions :rolleyes: Or anti-ageing creams on 25 year old models with peachy skin :p:
The Malteser one with that insane woman where there's a clown at a children's party and it's implied she stuck a malteser up his bum. This one only seems to be on daytime tv before the main programme comes back on.

The plastic surgery one where they're like two feet in the air above everyone else.

The car insurance one with the man in the blue jumper that runs up the toy cars and into the computer screen. I used to tolerate it because I thought he played the monk in Peep Show but now I'm mostly sure it isn't, it just annoys me and drags.

That ecofriendly one, don't even know what the hell it's for, where that earnest, and I think Northern, Dad is trying to teach his kids about being environmentally friendly and he says "Right what does red mean?" and his bored kids say "Stop" and he says all triumphantly "Yeah! STOP leaving me on!" and then he turns his TV off. GRRRR.
Reply 46

^^
Reply 47
Plenty of stupid ads here

http://www.oddee.com/item_87332.aspx

Also from the site...:rofl:...whoever thought of these should have got a medal at least

http://www.oddee.com/item_96820.aspx
Reply 49
tommm
I remember seeing a Dolmio advert which said "made in the Netherlands".

There was an ad for real american texas chilly ....that was made in the EU :mmm:
Jelkin
Oh yes, and I forgot about this.

Aaaaaaand this one. Enjoy.

Oh why did you have to bring tghose up :yucky:
Any advert where the scripts are so terribly forced that it's embarrassing to watch.
stupid mortgage and insurance adverts on itv. and that confused ad is realllllllly annoying :angry:
Why?

No really, why? Why do I want to go to a website because a man with the enthusiasm and charisma of a dead fish just made car noises while on a trolly?

So incredibly stupid.
Rule Britannia
Why?

No really, why? Why do I want to go to a website because a man with the enthusiasm and charisma of a dead fish just made car noises while on a trolly?

So incredibly stupid.

That man makes me not want to use money supermarket :mad2:
Christian_j
“Tony! How are things?

Let’s have an impossibly stilted exchange about what’s happened in the three years since we did our generic ‘work’ at ‘The Site’.

I’ve being doing ‘a course’ and got ‘my certificate’; yes, earning AND learning.

Look at my smug van and tidy beard. Hark as I drop not a single aitch whilst whining my way through a script that makes Elton Johns hair look natural.

I’m better than you now Tony; you’re ****, and I’m ace.

Ha ha! Your life is ashes, YOUR LIFE IS ASHES…”

Dunno if your interested but I have a started up a new website http://www.tvs-worst-ads.co.uk its gonna be ace (well when people start posting) I'm letting users start there own threads on adverts and its forum based so its better for discussing them.

Hopefully when I get a few more members its going to be a great place for getting them bloody annoying adverts off your chest!

But like i said its just gone live today so there's not many members! but hopefully there will be a few by the end of the week :smile:
"Sky Betting, because it's better when there's money on it."

No, 9 times out of 10 you've wasted your money and you won't win diddley squat. Encouraging people to bet like that is ******* stupid.
DanielNewton
Dunno if your interested but I have a started up a new website http://www.tvs-worst-ads.co.uk its gonna be ace (well when people start posting) I'm letting users start there own threads on adverts and its forum based so its better for discussing them.

Hopefully when I get a few more members its going to be a great place for getting them bloody annoying adverts off your chest!

But like i said its just gone live today so there's not many members! but hopefully there will be a few by the end of the week :smile:

Best of luck with it, I'll have a look around it later :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending