Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Haha, the big orange monstrosities!

I probably directed you there before, seems to be working fine now, my tutor (the webmaster) did a lot of work on it over the summer.

Yep! There are some jobs you can bodge, some you really cannot!

Bloody hell, some serious seamanship with that yacht in a F6, I feel for you! Must have been a very interesting, but probably very rewarding experience! Don't get to do that often!
    They're not the prettiest things ever, but if you ever need to use one for real I doubt you'll be too fussed! I think I might not be able to get full access to the site as I've not paid/registered..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurlyBen)
    They're not the prettiest things ever, but if you ever need to use one for real I doubt you'll be too fussed! I think I might not be able to get full access to the site as I've not paid/registered..
    Nah, you can view all the horror stories and loads of information without paying, I don't have a subscription!

It is a bit tricky to navigate, but well worth it!

Oh and as for the lifeboats, agreed, they are quite handy when the ship starts sinking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warrenpenalver)
    Are you merchant navy guys actually getting any decent anti-piracy training or protection yet???
    Sorry mate, missed this question before!

We don't get any anti-piracy training per se, but the ships have anti-piracy measures which include a sonic weapon which can be directed at a oncoming boat, and the sonic wave it emits is so high pitched that it basically makes it excruciating painful to get any nearer to the ship. Also, all lower decks, such as the mooring decks have barriers around the open sections to stop hooks being thrown on.

There is talk of anti-piracy training coming in though, mostly being taught by the RN. The MN and RN still have a very close relationship.

Sorry for missing your question before!

Graham

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.