Turn on thread page Beta

The Brazilian GP Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Good architecture =/= good race track.

And that comes from an architecture student...

Couldn't agree more! As with most projects in the booming middle-east regions, they prioritise style over function and quality. The whole project cost them $35 billion which is just a crazy amount of money to spend on anything let alone on just a single purpose project to host racing events.
    Tracks like spa, suzuka and silverstone are proof that it's not about the development but the track layout itself...these three tracks are so old and have such plain/green surroundings yet provide the best racing!

ReputationRep:
    Torro rosso are looking surprisingly strong here, Buemi was consistantly topping the time sheets...is it possible that the main Red Bull factory thought they'll provide torro rosso with some designs/updates and data to get them up in the top 10 in the hope of taking up grid slots ahead of the brawn cars? :holmes:
    It's also possible that, considering the Brawns have usually been quite bad in qualifying especially at Brazil now where the track temperature is not suited to their car, the torro rossos go for an extremely light strategy for qualifying to get right up there...you never know! :p:

Thought I'd just throw that in the bag :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Torro rosso are looking surprisingly strong here, Buemi was consistantly topping the time sheets...is it possible that the main Red Bull factory thought they'll provide torro rosso with some designs/updates and data to get them up in the top 10 in the hope of taking up grid slots ahead of the brawn cars? :holmes:
    It's also possible that, considering the Brawns have usually been quite bad in qualifying especially at Brazil now where the track temperature is not suited to their car, the torro rossos go for an extremely light strategy for qualifying to get right up there...you never know! :p:

Thought I'd just throw that in the bag :cookie:
    That's providing both drivers can actually keep the cars on track and that it doesn't rain throughout qualifying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polka_Dot_Queen)
    That's providing both drivers can actually keep the cars on track and that it doesn't rain throughout qualifying.
    :laugh: good point!

I think I'm finding this year's championship contenders the most difficult to choose from! They all have good reasons for why they deserve it. Button obviously been waiting for such a long time and seeing as it is his first time in a proper championship winning car it's good to see him taking the opportunity to make the most of it. Barrichello would be an awesome winner too, the oldest guy in f1 winning...great story! Plus his career has been overshadowed by the fact that every time he has been in a championship winning car he's had to make way for Schumacher (although the chances of him going head to head with schumacher at ferrari and beating him were very low).
    Then there's Vettel, the up and coming racer! :woo: if he wins he sets the record, only set last year by Lewis as the youngest champion ever! I guess I'll be happy whoever wins, but as a Vettel fan would obviously like him to do it....Kimi 2007 style :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    :laugh: good point!

I think I'm finding this year's championship contenders the most difficult to choose from! They all have good reasons for why they deserve it. Button obviously been waiting for such a long time and seeing as it is his first time in a proper championship winning car it's good to see him taking the opportunity to make the most of it. Barrichello would be an awesome winner too, the oldest guy in f1 winning...great story! Plus his career has been overshadowed by the fact that every time he has been in a championship winning car he's had to make way for Schumacher (although the chances of him going head to head with schumacher at ferrari and beating him were very low).
    Then there's Vettel, the up and coming racer! :woo: if he wins he sets the record, only set last year by Lewis as the youngest champion ever! I guess I'll be happy whoever wins, but as a Vettel fan would obviously like him to do it....Kimi 2007 style :cool:
    Yeah, I would be happy to see any of the three contenders win. Obviously I would like to see Vettel win, but another part of me thinks that Button probably deserves it more. He had a bit of poor spell during the middle part of the season but he has kept his lead the whole way through and hasn't made many mistakes. Vettel still makes a few errors, although no-one can expect him to be error-free he is only in his 2nd full season after all. And I think Vettel will definitely get a chance to be a World Champion again. Barrichello, on the other hand, probably won't get another chance. But, him and Button have had the same equipment and Button is still ahead of him in the championship, so clearly he has been getting more out of the car.

ReputationRep:
    Woah, just watching practice now and there's been two huge bouts of thunder and lightning, there's torrents of brown water running down the track...and appparently the media centre roof is leaking

ReputationRep:
    That's crazy weather, with the thunder and lightning. :woo:

Great to see Massa wondering around though

ReputationRep:
    Its typical isnt it. I get the chance to watch FP3 and there is no action. And look at that rain, I keep thinking I'm getting soaked.

ReputationRep:
    I keep missing this lightning you guys speak of. I'm watching it wrapped up in winter clothes. It's bloomin freezing here and the heater doesn't work

ReputationRep:
    It's not raining as hard as it was before, so you've probably missed it all :console:

If it's any consolation I'm freezing too, but without winter clothes

Edit: Weather radar was struck by lightning, great :no:

ReputationRep:
    Tis lovely and sunny here :woo:

:rofl: That would be pretty entertaining I have to say - the team prinicipals racing to the pitwall.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at the radar being struck by lightning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahhi)
    Tis lovely and sunny here :woo:

:rofl: That would be pretty entertaining I have to say - the team prinicipals racing to the pitwall.
    May the winter be cold dark and dismal for you!

Yay Ferrari on track! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    May the winter be cold dark and dismal for you!

Yay Ferrari on track! :woo:
    :p: Thanks very much.

And Romain Grosjean the first off!

ReputationRep:
    Any time :yep:

That spray is ridiculous! They are definetly earning their fee's this weekend. Good to watch!!

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell, poor Grosjean...

Edit: How cute are Rubens' kids? :cute:

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, Romain...

ReputationRep:
    Wow that was a scarey moment for Grosjean. Thought he was gonna fly over the fence and hit the marshall.

ReputationRep:
    That marshal behind the barrier will have clenched buttocks and be screaming for about a week. Impressive accident though. Rep for Grosjean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsybean)
    Bloody hell, poor Grosjean...

Edit: How cute are Rubens' kids? :cute:
    That man sitting with the kids was the spitting image of Rubens!! lol. But yeah, they're cute.

I'm really excited for quali now

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.