Pancakes - I made some. Watch

Jennie1987
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by facetious)
I can't, I have no ingredients at the moment! But I may get one of my flatmates to help me make them next weekend.. from your apparent disgust, it's obvious I'm missing out! :p:
All I can say to that is the affirmative 'tchuh!'
the.white.rabbit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I love pancakes!..................but sadly i can't make them...... well i can ,but not very well!.......
superwolf
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jennie1987)
Well then pre-murder could you send me the baked goods - theyd only go to waste, being blood-splattered and all. Plus would you want your killer to get all the tastiness?
****, thanks, you just reminded me I was gonna make cake today. But it's mine, all MINE I tell ya.... muahahahaha

*recovers from fit of maniacal laughter, heads off to kitchen*
Jennie1987
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by superwolf)
****, thanks, you just reminded me I was gonna make cake today. But it's mine, all MINE I tell ya.... muahahahaha

*recovers from fit of maniacal laughter, heads off to kitchen*
its mwahahahaha - what kinda weird evil laugh do you have? And give me my cake god damn it!
superwolf
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
its mwahahahaha - what kinda weird evil laugh do you have? And give me my cake god damn it!
An awesome evil laugh. And I'll fight you for it. :catfight:
Jennie1987
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
An awesome evil laugh. And I'll fight you for it. :catfight:
And I win! Esp. as Ive just looked and have all the ingredients for pancakes incl. squeezy lemon juice - yum yum yum.......uh oh think im just remembering this make isnt that good...must go smell
superwolf
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
And I win! Esp. as Ive just looked and have all the ingredients for pancakes incl. squeezy lemon juice - yum yum yum.......uh oh think im just remembering this make isnt that good...must go smell
:hmmm: You don't fight fair. I challenge you to a duel!:fight:
Jennie1987
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:hmmm: You don't fight fair. I challenge you to a duel!:fight:
And I win again! Shame for you.
punkyrocker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What's brilliant is if you separate the eggs, whisk up the whites, fold it back into the mixture and add some baking powder. It makes them go all fluffy and fat, like american pancakes, as opposed to crepe-like...

They're amazing. I used Jamie Oliver's recipe. He's a genius.
superwolf
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
And I win again! Shame for you.
Shame for both of us, you wounded my cake-mixing arm. How many more innocent victims will this cursed war take? When will it end? When?
Jennie1987
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Shame for both of us, you wounded my cake-mixing arm. How many more innocent victims will this cursed war take? When will it end? When?
When the fields are crimson, the air thick with acrid cannon smoke and my arms are full of treasure!
AutVinceriAutMori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by reems23)
They were beautiful. However I would like to refine my technique. Reach into your fertile womb and teach me your secrets to the art of pancake making TSR!

My recipe:

One spoon milk, one spoon sugar, one spoon flour, one spoon butter, one egg.

Mix with a spoon and put on a lightly greased frying pan.

Lather with jam and wrap it around a banana like a virgins lips suckling a throbbing penis.

Eat with a glass of milk.
Russian pancakes (wheat ones, not blinis hich are made with buckwheat instead)
Mix milk and flour (I dont measure, just use about two glasses of flour per bowl of milk ) to give you consistency of single cream (beat well until you got rid of lumps, or stir the lumps against the sides of the bowl with a spoon), beat in eggs (on how much flour you used, but usually 2 are sufficient),add a teaspoon of soda, beat in oil (again, depending on how much flour and milk you used) to give you oily sheen on surface of the mixture. Heat the pan, ladle some of mixture on the pan, turn it, so it coats it evenly, wait for it to turn brown on the edges, loosen with spatula knife and flip (or turn using a spatula) They must be quite thin (no more than about 5 mm) and golden and soft. spread each with some butter
superwolf
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
Russian pancakes (wheat ones, not blinis hich are made with buckwheat instead)
Mix milk and flour (I dont measure, just use about two glasses of flour per bowl of milk ) to give you consistency of single cream (beat well until you got rid of lumps, or stir the lumps against the sides of the bowl with a spoon), beat in eggs (on how much flour you used, but usually 2 are sufficient),add a teaspoon of soda, beat in oil (again, depending on how much flour and milk you used) to give you oily sheen on surface of the mixture. Heat the pan, ladle some of mixture on the pan, turn it, so it coats it evenly, wait for it to turn brown on the edges, loosen with spatula knife and flip (or turn using a spatula) They must be quite thin (no more than about 5 mm) and golden and soft. spread each with some butter
The Russians know all about pancakes. Instead of pancake day, they have pancake WEEK. I think we can all learn something from that.
reems23
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Jennie1987 and superwolf ruined my thread.
AutVinceriAutMori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The Russians know all about pancakes. Instead of pancake day, they have pancake WEEK. I think we can all learn something from that.
well, this recipe was passed to my mother from her mother's friend, a genuine Russian :yep: This is the best [pancake I ever eaten, and they look pretty too
Lauren__x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I dont eat them myself, but when I make them for other people I always melt the butter first then put it into my mixture, much better and you dont need to grease the pan. I dont measure anything either lol.
Jennie1987
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:hugs: perhaps....

But I just had 3 pancakes
superwolf
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm very sorry... all hail reems23, lord of all pancakes :adore:
Earthly
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They were beautiful. However I would like to refine my technique. Reach into your fertile womb and teach me your secrets to the art of pancake making TSR!

My recipe:

One spoon milk, one spoon sugar, one spoon flour, one spoon butter, one egg.

Mix with a spoon and put on a lightly greased frying pan.

Lather with jam and wrap it around a banana like a virgins lips suckling a throbbing penis.

Eat with a glass of milk.
lol i made pancakes today whooop!....i'm king pancake maker!....

whack 4 eggs in a big bowl, bit of oil, keep adding flour till the mixure is thick and all the lumps are out, than slowly add milk till runny.....hot pan, make em thin.....sugar and lemon or nutella and POW! pancake heaven!
Stella476
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Let's fix it! I love the fact that you posted this tread, by the way. :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (39)
27.66%
No - I got the required grades (84)
59.57%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (18)
12.77%

Watched Threads