want to tone my arms and chest, but arent protein shakes dangerous/steroids? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Bishamon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DriftingBore)
Hey! I know you are Mr. Big Lifts but I have a 6 pack...

P.S. I don't really have a 6 pack and I don't really think the raw vegan diet is good for getting "toned" whatever "toned" means....
then i have clearly failed
cowsforsale
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:yep:
Rainy
Badges: 2
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by john87)
so far I've been doing 100 pressups and 100 curls every day since doing high reps low weight will help me tone my muscles, what else can I do? someone said to take protein shakes but arent they like steroids? :confused:
Tone your muscles? You mean put muscle on? Exercise and nutrition are two sides of the same coin here.

1. Put together (or rather, use) an established and respected programme. 100 pressups and 100 curls a day is nothing of the sort. There's plenty of ideas and pointers across the forum.

2. Nutrition and diet are vital. You need to be eating sufficient amounts and sufficiently well. Sort out your diet to the point where the only feasible way it can be improved is to supplement with vitamins, oil, additional protein sources etc. Protein shakes are neither dangerous nor illegal; you may or may not react to certain ingredients (like any food); protein shakes themselves will not make you swole, cause weight loss, make you fat, lead to pregnancy, or 'tone your muscles'.

Thread locked, because dealing with the spam and silly behaviour would make my head hurt.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.82%
No (661)
60.7%
Not really bothered about them (223)
20.48%

Watched Threads