Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    So you created a separate thread just so you get more views ?
    Sounds awfully egoistic when you put it that way. Yes, I did it to get more views, that's exactly why I created a separate thread. But if I want to say thank you, then it's pointless saying it thousands of posts into a thread, where my post will get swamped by people's who are effectively in a conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmileyGurl13)
    Piss off losers. You guys are just jealous! SERIOUSLY, bet at least one of you got rejected and the rest wish they had applied. Jeez, CONGRATS mate ignore the tossers :P
    lols to that. Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg.)
    Congrats, but why do you need to create a thread to tell everyone? Is the Economics 2010 Applicants/Offers Thread not good enough for you?
    He's just pumped about the offer, guy.

Congratulations, OP.

edit: You weren't having a go at him anyway. I see your point, Greg.

ReputationRep:
    congrats. i dont get some people... wouldnt you feel like making a thread if you got an offer from cambridge? cmon now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SixthFormer08)
    It's a bit late saying this now, I know, but I got an A*AA offer from Cambridge this month.

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone on TSR who helped me get there - there's tons of good advice and resources floating around here, and I just wanted to acknowledge that and show my appreciation. This isn't necessarily with direct tips or anything, but I have picked up a whole load for my PS and interview preparation and stuff from going through threads here, so cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumb Economist)
    Congrats... The best way to thank TSR is by advising and sharing your experience with the newer entrants!
    Yep, will do. Will post my PS and stuff after I've heard from everywhere else.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Don't post your PS until next year when you are at university. If you post it after you have all your decisions, I think UCAS could still detect your PS as plagiarism and you could lose your places.

ReputationRep:
    As Greg pointed out wait till maybe Oct before posting your PS. best wishes and good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg.)
    Don't post your PS until next year when you are at university. If you post it after you have all your decisions, I think UCAS could still detect your PS as plagiarism and you could lose your places.
    All right, cool. Will wait until next year.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by SmileyGurl13)
    Piss off losers. You guys are just jealous! SERIOUSLY, bet at least one of you got rejected and the rest wish they had applied. Jeez, CONGRATS mate ignore the tossers :P
    Its not jealousy, its just that there is a thread for this which im sure the OP is aware of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumb Economist)
    On side note - looking at your GSCE predicted grades - I do not understand why are you continuing with Latin? Why do you want to contaminate your possible 13A* with 1 C :confused:
    I do it after school, so it's not detracting too much from my studies. I really enjoy it - think I would be capable of a higher mark if I had more than an hour a week on it, but don't want to do it when I could do something else. I like the subject, find it useful and the fact that it is now the only lesson I have with two of my best friends may have something to do with it.. Do you think it would contaminate my grades though, ie will universities look at me less favourably with it? I thought it would add to my points etc, though I have wondered whether to give it up as many have, and will doubtless do again closer to the exams.:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    I do it after school, so it's not detracting too much from my studies. I really enjoy it - think I would be capable of a higher mark if I had more than an hour a week on it, but don't want to do it when I could do something else. I like the subject, find it useful and the fact that it is now the only lesson I have with two of my best friends may have something to do with it.. Do you think it would contaminate my grades though, ie will universities look at me less favourably with it? I thought it would add to my points etc, though I have wondered whether to give it up as many have, and will doubtless do again closer to the exams.:p:
    13A* will be looked in more postive way than with one additional 1C :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Man good luck but your social life will go down. You have to be on your toes for the amount of work load they give

ReputationRep:
    If you enjoy latin carry on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulwhy)
    If you enjoy latin carry on!
    Will do. Last lesson, we locked our teacher out of the classroom twice and a student hid for half an hour before the teacher noticed she was there! (its ok, the teacher has a laugh too) We all need a chance to rebel sometime...

ReputationRep:
    I really really am!
    Yay! COngrats OP, have a great time there!

ReputationRep:
    I do it after school, so it's not detracting too much from my studies. I really enjoy it - think I would be capable of a higher mark if I had more than an hour a week on it, but don't want to do it when I could do something else. I like the subject, find it useful and the fact that it is now the only lesson I have with two of my best friends may have something to do with it.. Do you think it would contaminate my grades though, ie will universities look at me less favourably with it? I thought it would add to my points etc, though I have wondered whether to give it up as many have, and will doubtless do again closer to the exams.
    you enjoy studying a language which doesn't even exist.

fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    you enjoy studying a language which doesn't even exist.

fail.
    They give us chocolate biscuits.

ReputationRep:
    They give us chocolate biscuits.
    seems like I'm missing out in life :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2010

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.