Report 8 years ago
Booo Hooo.
areyoucool/symmetrical?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
what i think is you should man the **** up, its a period, its not like you are terminally ill :rolleyes:

you get cold/flu several times a year? really? if so then you must be doing something wrong, i had a cold a few weeks ago and till then i hadnt had a cold/flu for 5 years, even my sister who always picks up germs only has about 3 colds a year so how you get 'several' colds/flus during the year i never know, i call bull **** either that or stop kissing people who have germs

welcome to the real world, like i say man up and get on with it 99% of women go through periods, deal with it! no way in hell should women be allowed 2 days off a month (and before you say yes i am female and yes i have had bad periods, granted not to the point where i was fainting but i just got on with it, thats what women do, my friend was like you and she would faint with hers, did she moan like a ***** HELL NO she got her ass to the docs and said sort this out and guess what he did

if you arnt willing to try and sort it out then seriously shut the hell up moaning about it, the pill can work wonders for periods (granted it doesnt work for everyone but there are other things you can do) but you seem to be the type of person that doesnt want to do anything and just wants to sit and moan about it while being lazy oh and where does it say in nature that a woman should rest during her period, like i say you arnt ill or dying its a period!

so to sum up either man up and accept that it happens and get help for it or shut the hell up moaning
yikes!

stay out of her way :holmes:
Dinendal Leralonde
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by thedude78)
I think that would be fair...

As long as blokes can have 2 days off for sportsmeat related activities...
Fixed.

And no. Because I disagree whenever any one group of people get extra time off. Smokers get extra smoke breaks in some workplaces, and I'm vocal about that.
tinktinktinkerbell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by areyoucool/symmetrical?)
yikes!

stay out of her way :holmes:

lol sorry (and no its not that week :rofl: ) i just hate people who would rather ***** and moan about a situation than do something about it
Miss_Scarlett
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
Fixed.

And no. Because I disagree whenever any one group of people get extra time off. Smokers get extra smoke breaks in some workplaces, and I'm vocal about that.
Depends on the group, but I agree with you in this case.
missy31
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by alio~)
Ive just been struggling and trying to cope for an hour with period pain it used up so much energy I fell asleep straight after lol. But yea Im starting an health care course soon which only allows us to have 27 days off sick in 3 years before we have to 'make up time' whatever that means but were likely to be ill with cold/flu several times a year. Ive fainted twice in the past on a public street with period pain because I 'had to attend' it just makes me panic and go all lightheaded for some reason I was thinking though I think women should be able to have 2 days off a month, paid or unpaid I don't care, because theres no way Im risking going through all this when Im out or working whatever. I take mefanemic acid and people might say take something stronger or go on the pill but I think why should I, nature intended us to rest when on a period its natural why should we load ourselves with pills when we are already contributing to society for hours everyday? Im going to tell occupational health when I go for the checkup before the course Ive no idea what they'l say but I want to be at home when Im struggling through all this not fainting.

What do you think though?
this happened to me. i was told i need to have more iron the week before my period is due. and im now on the contraceptive pill (not because of period pain though) and it makes periods much lighter, so less painful..
Nex Angelus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Aslong as i get two days of the month off to play Call Of Duty or Halo then it's cool.
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How would this work in practice?

Supervisors would have to keep a calendar of their female staff's menstrual cycles to predict absence and provide cover. They would have to ask for as much detail as possible, as if we're only going for 2 days the women are going to have to predict a) when their period is going to start b) when the two worst days are going to be. What happens then if your period starts late or early....?

It would basically make a whole massive big deal about womens periods and make men even more aware of them and liable to patronise women.

"We've got a meeting today, where's Claire?"
- Oh she's off for "that reason".
"But we had her booked off for next Wednesday/Thursday, why's she off today?"
- Apparently 'it came early'
"Bleedin' women! chortle chortle"
- Should have heard what Julie in accounts did. Apparently her 2 days, were going to fall on Saturday and Sunday this month, so she claimed Monday and Tuesday in lieu!
"FFS!! Tell you what Samuel I would NEVER hire a woman for a middle management position"
iBlaze
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
As other people have already said - it would completely discourage employers from hiring women if they could get a man who doesn't need to be covered for 2 days every month.
andmeaning
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DJ AgnieszkaA)
i'll have a crack at that, i like challenges.

well, I can't possibly - and am not - working through this. put it that way; saying we work full time yet some people don't work at all, 2 days isn't much. lol.

it's quite hard to make it make sense without changing words isnt it, and even if you figure it out its bs
That was helpful, however I'm still trying to work out how some people not having jobs means women should get two days off a month for period pains.

OP: why won't you go to the doctors?
j.ward91
Report 8 years ago
unless you plan on spending it in a kitchen, no.
FrancesO
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have to take time off anyway, due to immense pain. Isn't it lovely.

Why don't you just make up the extra hours?
ourlastmemory
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's never going to happen so you might as well just go on the pill or something rather than inflicting pain upon yourself for the reason of "nature intended us to rest" :indiff:
areyoucool/symmetrical?
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
lol sorry (and no its not that week :rofl: ) i just hate people who would rather ***** and moan about a situation than do something about it
ohh i see fair enough!

u just seemed pretty enraged by her when being a boy i can only imagine how horrible such a pain is and all i can do is feel sorry for her - shes got it pretty bad and theres not much she can do about it

it may not be a terminal illness by suffering such an awful pain monthly is far from pleasant - maybe we should cut her some slack

ohh no need to apologise to me - ur a girl on ur perspective on this is far weighty but we should offer her a bit of compassion
paella
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nope, absolutely ridiculous suggestion. And less women would get hired, basically in a year you would be paying a women for 24 days off, with your job the maximum amount of sick leave an employer can cover for over 3 years. And since when has nature ever intended you to rest - in what culture has any women on the blob just lay in bed and bled. If you can't live with your body, go on the pill. Or don't take a strenuous job.

Nature intended men to have sex with lots of women, and one of the reasons men have progressively got bigger and stronger is because the big strong ones were the best at sowing their seeds (in short, they could rape pretty easily). That doesn't mean I can go around boning everyone I see.
tinktinktinkerbell
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by areyoucool/symmetrical?)
ohh i see fair enough!

u just seemed pretty enraged by her when being a boy i can only imagine how horrible such a pain is and all i can do is feel sorry for her - shes got it pretty bad and theres not much she can do about it

it may not be a terminal illness by suffering such an awful pain monthly is far from pleasant - maybe we should cut her some slack

ohh no need to apologise to me - ur a girl on ur perspective on this is far weighty but we should offer her a bit of compassion

theres plenty of things she can do about it, shes just too lazy/ignorant to do it
alio~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by andmeaning)
That was helpful, however I'm still trying to work out how some people not having jobs means women should get two days off a month for period pains.

OP: why won't you go to the doctors?
well since our taxes are paying for them to be off all the time, 2 days off for someone who contributes to society full time isn't much is it?
sweetlovinchick2k1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Adonis)
I doubt most women have their periods as bad as yours sweetheart x
I never thought I'd see the day but I agree with Adonis.

Not everyone has bad periods, for most woman period pain and periods are easily manageable. I get pain just before and toward the end but I just take ibprofen and bare it.

If it's really bad speak to your doctor about it.
hardy_4_paws
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not if you want to be considered equal to a man in the work place and to be considered on parr with him for promotions, if a job needs a certain amount of time and dedication they'll skim right over you if you have 2 days off a month plus sick leave...
caroline147
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd rather have a **** couple of days at work every month than no job at all (considering no right-minded employer would ever hire a women if this were implemented) :stupid:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise