Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by ZizAli)
    It is easy to tell from this thread the different quality of humans on show. There is the OP asking for fellow students opinions. There are a few decent people either agreeing with the OP or opposing the OP's information and view point. And then there is the overwhelming majority of sadistic people who think they are superior and ultra cool by being aggressive and attempting to produce humour for their low quality counter parts to enjoy.
    its that exact attitude which gives atheists the right to mock religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morecambebay)
    its that exact attitude which gives atheists the right to mock religion.
    Why are you taking my words out of context? I am not suggesting the different quality of humans lies in who believes and who doesn't. If you read on I clearly say decent people both agree and disagree with the OP. It is the rebellious losers that try and either be aggressive or insultingly humorous. Please don't take what I have said out of context again.

Why are you taking my words out of context? I am not suggesting the different quality of humans lies in who believes and who doesn't. If you read on I clearly say decent people both agree and disagree with the OP. It is the rebellious losers that try and either be aggressive or insultingly humorous. Please don't take what I have said out of context again.
    No you didnt draw the distinction between those who believe and those who dont...and I never said that you did.

Your view that it is wrong to be rebellious, insulting and aggressive against religion is not shared by everybody. There are very strong arguments to support the idea that religion should be treated with the contempt that it has found on this thread.

You are saying that people who disagree with you are a lesser-quality of human. History is full of reasons why this is a bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    No, because I believe that everyone and everything is equal. I don't want to be affiliated with primitive hatred.

ReputationRep:

Your view that it is wrong to be rebellious, insulting and aggressive against religion is not shared by everybody. There are very strong arguments to support the idea that religion should be treated with the contempt that it has found on this thread.

You are saying that people who disagree with you are a lesser-quality of human. History is full of reasons why this is a bad idea.
    Maybe your choice of words is poor but when did I say anyone who disagrees with me is lesser-quality?

I am not criticizing the opinions of people. I am criticizing the way in which they are putting it forward.

If it is someones opinion that all Muslims should be executed then fine, give reasons and present your points. But don't come to a thread and simply write 'death to Muslims'.

Maybe your choice of words is poor but when did I say anyone who disagrees with me is lesser-quality?

I am not criticizing the opinions of people. I am criticizing the way in which they are putting it forward.

If it is someones opinion that all Muslims should be executed then fine, give reasons and present your points. But don't come to a thread and simply write 'death to Muslims'.
    you are saying that people who are aggressive, insulting and rebellious against religion are a lesser quality of human.

as i have allready explained, there are strong arguments which support the idea that religion should be treated with with the contempt that it has found on this thread.

nobody has written death to muslims . stop exaggerating.

ReputationRep:
    dude..you are out of your mind if your tryna convert the idiots on here.
    they'll never learn
    let them burn in hell

ReputationRep:
    Take your preaching elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    People who attack Islam never understand Islam. End Quote

ReputationRep:
    you are saying that people who are aggressive, insulting and rebellious against religion are a lesser quality of human.

as i have allready explained, there are strong arguments which support the idea that religion should be treated with with the contempt that it has found on this thread.

nobody has written death to muslims . stop exaggerating.
    It's not about religion. If I said I have proof Arsenal are the best club in the Prem and someone came back telling me the stats suggest otherwise then I would respect them. If another person came and said 'you're clearly a ****, **** *** and GTFO' then it would be just as bad as what is happening in religious threads. I am talking about behaviour in general.

There is no such strong argument which can justify some peoples reaction to religion. Fair enough if people were reacting so harshly to the Holocaust or terrorist activity. Religion does not promote either and promotes peace and morality whether it be Islam, Christianity or other any other major religion.

I know nobody has said that, it was an extreme example of showing what I am on about if you don't know.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a muslim OP, and I understand you want to spread what you believe in (I assume you're muslim?).

But this site is largely athiest, and preaching like this isn't helpful. I don't like loud mouth preachers, whether they are Jehovah's witness or Islamic.

You should spread your message in an environment which is actually interested in what you have to say. I am, but I can understand some/most people may be offended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hogo)
    I'm a muslim OP, and I understand you want to spread what you believe in (I assume you're muslim?).

But this site is largely athiest, and preaching like this isn't helpful. I don't like loud mouth preachers, whether they are Jehovah's witness or Islamic.

You should spread your message in an environment which is actually interested in what you have to say. I am, but I can understand some/most people may be offended.
    if he wants to tell people good news, he can. End Quote

It's not about religion. If I said I have proof Arsenal are the best club in the Prem and someone came back telling me the stats suggest otherwise then I would respect them. If another person came and said 'you're clearly a ****, **** *** and GTFO' then it would be just as bad as what is happening in religious threads. I am talking about behaviour in general.

There is no such strong argument which can justify some peoples reaction to religion. Fair enough if people were reacting so harshly to the Holocaust or terrorist activity. Religion does not promote either and promotes peace and morality whether it be Islam, Christianity or other any other major religion.

I know nobody has said that, it was an extreme example of showing what I am on about if you don't know.
    The problem with your argument being that religion HAS promoted and caused terrorist activity.

The peace and morality bit is also very (very) questionable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizwani)
    if he wants to tell people good news, he can. End Quote
    Do you want Islam to get a jehova's witness type preaching reputation.

It shouldn't be even more in the lime light. People can come to religion if they want to. Don't force it down peoples throats.

You remind me of one of those guys who shout random crap in people faces with a microphone down Oxford Street. That scares people, just like this thread.

Don't quote me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hogo)
    Do you want Islam to get a jehova's witness type preaching reputation.

It shouldn't be even more in the lime light. People can come to religion if they want to. Don't force it down peoples throats.

You remind me of one of those guys who shout random crap in people faces with a microphone down Oxford Street. That scares people, just like this thread.

Don't quote me.
    Well theres nothing wrong with posting a thread, where people have a choice to look. and he wasnt preaching rather he was highlighting the points of Islam. End Quote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TableChair)
    I disagree. I can respect someone's right to believe what they want without respecting them for believing it. Whether I should call them names etc is another issue.

That last paragraph is off topic.
    Fair enough, but my initial point was that everyone doesn't need to start bashing the religion or the person who posted the thread. That's what i was getting at.

I can't be bothered to debate any further... Threads about religion shouldn't be posted on TSR, it just turns into a huge 'hoo haa'

:facepalm:

adios.

ReputationRep:
    There's only one thing any religion is good for - hope. Other than that it's all a load of circular good-for-nothing crap. Just because there might be some omnipotent being, there's no need to worship it, as it obviously doesn't discriminate between those who do and those who don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MG.GULED)
    This guy asked a simple question ........so answer properly with respect or why bother and waste your time if you dont really care about this issue.
    :yep: This.

ReputationRep:
    ive had just about enough listening to Islam in the news. cant people just stop advertising their religions.
    Also, no one should be rudeeee against anyyyy religion.
    It would be so much nicer if these threads stopped being posted. If ur a Muslim go follow it urself and keep it secret with God. Same thing goes for any other member of a religion.
    Stop advertising Islam this way...your not going to get any appreciation from ppl by doing this. No other religion is being advertised like this so stop building haters against Islam like this.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough if people were reacting so harshly to the Holocaust or terrorist activity. Religion does not promote either and promotes peace and morality whether it be Islam, Christianity or other any other major religion.
    This wouldn't of been so funny if it hasn't of been said in a thread about Islam. Those are your views about what religion is. Other people look on and form their own judgements. Your position is a failure to understand that others will hold a different opinion.

I personally do not think religions promote peace nor what would I recognise as morality.

For many people, the distinction between Nazi holocaust and Islamic invasion of India is tenuous at best when measured as an outrage against humanity.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.