Turn on thread page Beta

Football fan invents heated seat watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    "It's quite convenient when you think about it because these kind of fans leave the match three quarters of the way through."

Yes, because Lawyers with two children do leave the match early to have punch up.
    You're a tool. He meant the type that leave early to miss the traffic.

FWIW, most casuals have banning orders from five hundred yards outside the ground, so I don't know how many of them like to move without a crowd.

ReputationRep:
    The technical name for keeping warm at a football match is; "Beer Jacket". Drinking before a match is the ideal way to fight the cold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neillya1)
    Yeah well it's the only one we really get to hear about over here :p:

I do agree with you though a lot, British football is just "pansy" now..... Even France/Germany have miles better fans than over here.

The only club I know of that really do have some manic supporters is Celtic :yep: hats off to them to be honest.

Just wish we were more like the Turkish/Russian/Ukrainian leauges and teams. And flares shouldn't be banned imo, they add to the atmosphere so much, and aren't really THAT dangerous.....
    People seem to forget the supporters often play as the 12th player, and it can make a hell of a lot of difference!
    Tell that to the family of the Welsh fan that lost his life after being hit by one vs Romania

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    The Rapid Wien fans in the video posted above are mostly shirtless. They're in the freezing conditions of nighttime Birmingham. So you're probably wondering how they keep warm and why they're not freezing to death? Well if you watch the video you'll see that these true football fans chant, sing, jump around and support their team throughout the match. These fans would actually be sweating buckets if they had their shirts on.
    If you watch the video you'll see it was played in ******* August, you muppet, and even in Winter Birmingham (maybe 2 degrees) is hardly freezing compared to say Austria or Germany (well into the minus figures).

Anyway, I don't really disagree with you about the rest.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I love the feeling some cars have with heated seating, I want one for football matches too :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    If you want warmth while watching football... Stay at home like a pansie with your cup of coco & radiator on full & let someone else take your ticket.

****ing pansies. (whoever thinks this is a good idea..)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I have been to matches when it is some way below freezing but once that game starts I usually forget how cold it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    I have been to matches when it is some way below freezing but once that game starts I usually forget how cold it is.
    Words of a true football fan :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Lucky you. In the time it takes some Celtic players to control the ball, I've usually not only remembered how cold it is, but worked out the time of day from the position of the sun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    Lucky you. In the time it takes some Celtic players to control the ball, I've usually not only remembered how cold it is, but worked out the time of day from the position of the sun.
    I can understand you guys up in Scotland liking this heated seat idea, as it's pretty cold up there.

But it's not the kinda thing i'd like to see someone sitting on at Fratton Park! Laughable. It's hardly that cold down here once the play get's started & the songs start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    I can understand you guys up in Scotland liking this heated seat idea, as it's pretty cold up there.

But it's not the kinda thing i'd like to see someone sitting on at Fratton Park! Laughable. It's hardly that cold down here once the play get's started & the songs start
    I lambasted the idea a few posts up! But yeah, it is pretty cold up here (snowing again today and yesterday...) and the songs hardly start at all unless you're in sections 445 or 111 at Celtic Park, and they're murder to get tix for and probably a bit boisterous for my old man, so I just sit and freeze.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Words of a true football fan :adore:
    Cheers saying that when we Played Gillingham, we were in a temporary stand and it had no roof when it was about -2 during the day, now that was cold.

ReputationRep:
    OP, I'm curious - do you see everything which doesn't directly influence our primal urges to make noise, form clans and kill as a horrible degradation to the game of football?

I remember going to watch a blackburn match away with my dad when I was younger in the middle of winter and for some stupid reason my dad let me just wear my villa shirt. My blood circulation to my extremities has probably been damaged ever since because of that. :p:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    OP, I'm curious - do you see everything which doesn't directly influence our primal urges to make noise, form clans and kill as a horrible degradation to the game of football?

I remember going to watch a blackburn match away with my dad when I was younger in the middle of winter and for some stupid reason my dad let me just wear my villa shirt. My blood circulation to my extremities has probably been damaged ever since because of that. :p:
    I've done that before

ReputationRep:
    Cheers saying that when we Played Gillingham, we were in a temporary stand and it had no roof when it was about -2 during the day, now that was cold.
    It's what watching football is all about! Getting cold & warming yourself up with some crappy tea or a dodgy Pie!

ReputationRep:
    This just shows how soft footballers and their fans are.
    I bet you won't see heated seats at rugby matches!

What are they going to do next, seats that massage you :lolwut:

(Original post by Kash:))
    This just shows how soft footballers and their fans are.
    I bet you won't see heated seats at rugby matches!
    Aye, those ultras are well soft compared to them Rugby fans. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    They would need these heated seats at Rugby games for all those old grannies that watch that **** game.

ReputationRep:
    Any more abuse of Rugby fans and I'm hunting you all down. I'll start with you Ramo, hope you make your offer :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Now if only they can do one for terrances.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.