Report 8 years ago
high heels
kiwietnana
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I probably wouldn't go for a short guy, tbh. I'm 5'3" myself which is considered to be small and it's weird if I wear heels and would be taller than them (e.g. every night out/occasion). As long as they're a bit taller than me when I've got heels on, that'd be the preferred height. Having said that, there's no real 'ideal' height. And as others have said, all that really matters is if someone loves you for you.

If you've JUST turned 18, though, as you say in your post, you might still be able to grow another inch, possibly, over the next month or two?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1cLOIxsQ8&feature=fvst
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by christykai1049)
hey maybe you should go for shorter girls! they are your niche market. since you feel less confident going for taller girls, fish out the short ones! problem solved amigo!
Yes. But even most short girls don't want a short guy .
Roocky
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Get a flag, a really big flag.

Apart from that, realise that there are a lot of short women out there who might think they have something in common with you becuase of it, or because of something else about you which is completely unrelated to your height.
I Love Dog
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Stop caring about it, because there's nothing you can really do to change it. That will instantly make you more attractive because your confidence should increase. Hope this helps.
Ironuts
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
[QUOTE=Reagan Smash]

Become the President of France.

QUOTE]

That made me laugh out loud.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
Does it actually matter? You shouldn't assume the reasons girls won't like you is because of your height. By the way, shouldn't you be trying to date women not girls?
Yes. It really does matter. Girls don't want a guy my height.

Oh and when you say "women" do you mean those 18+? Because it wouldn't make a difference. Unless on their 18th birthday they just randomly decide "Oh I am a woman now...so I am going to date short guys ".
Chocothunder
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Money. Or you might just be able to get a really ugly girl for free if she's drunk.
Advanced Subsidiary
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes. It really does matter. Girls don't want a guy my height.

Oh and when you say "women" do you mean those 18+? Because it wouldn't make a difference. Unless on their 18th birthday they just randomly decide "Oh I am a woman now...so I am going to date short guys ".
Depends on the individual. If a woman refuses to date you because of you're height - then frankly she's not worth dating.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
Depends on the individual. If a woman refuses to date you because of you're height - then frankly she's not worth dating.
I wouldn't say that. Everyone has preferences. Even me, but I don't follow them. I just want a any girl who would date a guy my height. But it just seems that no female wants a guy my height. You would think short girls would, but they don't.
Anonymous #3
Report 8 years ago
its pure bs. i'm 5ft6 and girls have actually said 'oh you're cute' and then made their disinterest clear. I don't know what to do myself, but i'm just going to ignore that part of my life because it hurts tbh.
Pinball_heart
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Loads of girls would date a guy that height... not me, because I'm 5ft10 and that'd be a bit awkward lol.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pinball_heart)
Loads of girls would date a guy that height... not me, because I'm 5ft10 and that'd be a bit awkward lol.
Really? . Who? Because I haven't met any .
Pinball_heart
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Really? . Who? Because I haven't met any .

Loads.
One of my mate's bfs is about 5ft3.

It's just like how I haven't met any tall guys tbh.
But obviously they exist.
My minumum is 5ft7, so I'm assuming girls shorter than me would have a shorter minimum... but then again we had that assumption that girls my height would have a higher one.
It's all relative.
Chumbaniya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
By not stressing about your height. There are about 5 threads per day about this, and the answer is that what puts girls off far more than a short guy is a guy who is totally insecure. I've never had a girlfriend who is shorter than me, for Christ's sake!
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Provide a specimen of fish

I like samon :ahee:
mikeylfc1989
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by pinda.college)
Provide a specimen of fish

I like samon :ahee:
Pointless...

Serious...
Miraclefish
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Argh for the love of all things holy and sacred! (And as an atheist, saying that means you've really wound me up, OP)

How can a short guy attract a girl? The same way as a guy who's twenty-seven foot high.

We are not animals. Thus your height, the rich colours of your plumage and your ability to collect small, shiny pebbles are not elements in your success (or lack thereof) with the opposite sex.

Don't be a ****, wash regularly, be interested in what she says and, once again, don't be a ****.

You'll get there.

Eventually...
chris king
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Miraclefish)
Argh for the love of all things holy and sacred! (And as an atheist, saying that means you've really wound me up, OP)

How can a short guy attract a girl? The same way as a guy who's twenty-seven foot high.

We are not animals. Thus your height, the rich colours of your plumage and your ability to collect small, shiny pebbles are not elements in your success (or lack thereof) with the opposite sex.

Don't be a ****, wash regularly, be interested in what she says and, once again, don't be a ****.

You'll get there.

Eventually...
I'll stop you there.

Just a few things. Firstly, we are animals. Secondly, it's funny you should mention about being a **** because if you get 'being a ****' right you can clean up.
Miraclefish
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Haha Chris you have me on two points there. Yeah we're animals, but we're thinking animals who can, from time to time, overcome instinct.

And yes, being a bit of a **** can get your **** where you want it to be, but it's a hard act to get right- and probably shouldn't be reccommended to someone who's low in confidence about their height.

Bad-boy with a hint of arrogance can be charming.

Short ****, less so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (293)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (283)
25.22%
No I don't (546)
48.66%

Watched Threads