My mates going out with a girl I love Watch

thelancastrian
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
"Checking"? Never heard that one before.

That is all.
polaroid13
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DanChorley)
I'm glad someone shares the same opinion ahha. After looking at some of the other people's replies I wondered whether I was going to be the only one taking some of these questions seriously...

Anyhow, I'm off for the night. Take care, don't think too much about your perception filters haha.
x
Hehe you're not alone!
Aw good night! And lol I don't need to anymore. I've got them sussed out now! Oh yeh. :yep:

x
Milch
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by polaroid13)
You know what is scary is the thought that we may have seen each other in a QAM lecture! (You are a Fresher right?)
Btw that really sucks. :console:
That's awesome! Yeah first year, I take it you are aswell. What course you doing then?

Btw thanks for the hug :p:
py0alb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
anonymous because she uses this site.

Basically I really liked this girl in my college. She wasn't in any of my classes, and I did not know her at all. I tried once or twice to go up to her and talk to her but she blanked me. (Yeah, she's pretty stuck up)

However I really liked this girl. I'm not saying as in 'oh damn she's fit', she genuinly softened my heart because of her attractive looks and 'hard to get' personality, i.e. not having a load of guys with her. In fact, she didn't even talk to any guys.

I told all my mates how much I liked her, and they all tried to hook me up on her but failed all the time. I'm pretty sure she knows I like her.

Then out the blue, my long time school time buddy, and former best friend makes a move on her and is successful. He started to chat to her and managed to get her number. The two are now checking and I no longer speak to him.

I know she was never mine, but I am geniunly heart broken, how could a mate get on someone I liked so much right in my face. The funny thing is, he doesn't even like her as much as I do. He just wants to 'shag' her and use her for bragging rights, whereas I have a genuine feeling for her.

This is a depressing point in my life. Anybody give me any advice on what the hell I'm suppose to do.

Good for your mate, he obviously has something you don't.

You need to grow and pair and get over yourself. He's at liberty to pull whoever he likes.

There's no such thing as "I saw her first", its every man for himself.
9MmBulletz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You never even had a chance in the first place. SO many girls out there
polaroid13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Milch)
That's awesome! Yeah first year, I take it you are aswell. What course you doing then?

Btw thanks for the hug :p:
Yes I am. I'm doing Law and Business. And I chose to do both the QAMs as my optional modules. Bad move. But I am glad that I didn't choose Intro to Accounting/Financial Accounting of whichever one it was because I've heard terrible things about those!

How is the revision going?

Hah no problem - was this girl business at uni?

x
Milch
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes I am. I'm doing Law and Business. And I chose to do both the QAMs as my optional modules. Bad move. But I am glad that I didn't choose Intro to Accounting/Financial Accounting of whichever one it was because I've heard terrible things about those!

How is the revision going?

Hah no problem - was this girl business at uni?

x
Cool! I don't think QAM modules are that bad, so I think you chose well! Yeah I hate intro to financial accounting :/ (actually I hate all types of accounting!)

I don't think I'm doing enough revision at the moment you??

Yep lol and they both live in my corridor :rolleyes:
polaroid13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Milch)
Cool! I don't think QAM modules are that bad, so I think you chose well! Yeah I hate intro to financial accounting :/ (actually I hate all types of accounting!)

I don't think I'm doing enough revision at the moment you??

Yep lol and they both live in my corridor :rolleyes:
Haha well QAM 2 was a lot nicer than QAM 1. I am glad with my choice tbh.

Yeh everyone I've ever spoken to hated it!

Nope definitely not - I've revised Poisson, Regression, Chi Squared testing and that's about it. I don't get Baye's Theorem - especially because the equation in the book is different to the one in the lecture notes.

Btw what do you predict for the case study; I'm thinking linear programming and network planning!

Nice(!) What halls are you in?
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think they both sound like pricks tbh. I know this is hard for you, but you have no choice but to move on, you can find better mates and better girls in time. Good luck
Milch
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Haha well QAM 2 was a lot nicer than QAM 1. I am glad with my choice tbh.

Yeh everyone I've ever spoken to hated it!

Nope definitely not - I've revised Poisson, Regression, Chi Squared testing and that's about it. I don't get Baye's Theorem - especially because the equation in the book is different to the one in the lecture notes.

Btw what do you predict for the case study; I'm thinking linear programming and network planning!

Nice(!) What halls are you in?
You've revised more than me then :p: I know, I don't get Baye's either.

Yeah It will be those topics I think. Have you drawn out the graph/network yet??

AV, you?
Captain Nebula
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Clearly you should rag his sister senseless.
polaroid13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Milch)
You've revised more than me then :p: I know, I don't get Baye's either.

Yeah It will be those topics I think. Have you drawn out the graph/network yet??

AV, you?
Haha that makes me feel better!
Hmm I may just copy and study the example given in the notes.
No I haven't yet. I will get round to it soon now! I just looked at the calender which gave an alarming visual representation of how soon the exams are. :eek3:
Claycroft.
oliver5084
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Basically I really liked this girl in my college. She wasn't in any of my classes, and I did not know her at all. I tried once or twice to go up to her and talk to her but she blanked me. (Yeah, she's pretty stuck up)

However I really liked this girl. I'm not saying as in 'oh damn she's fit', she genuinly softened my heart because of her attractive looks and 'hard to get' personality, i.e. not having a load of guys with her. In fact, she didn't even talk to any guys.

I told all my mates how much I liked her, and they all tried to hook me up on her but failed all the time. I'm pretty sure she knows I like her.

Then out the blue, my long time school time buddy, and former best friend makes a move on her and is successful. He started to chat to her and managed to get her number. The two are now checking and I no longer speak to him.

I know she was never mine, but I am geniunly heart broken, how could a mate get on someone I liked so much right in my face. The funny thing is, he doesn't even like her as much as I do. He just wants to 'shag' her and use her for bragging rights, whereas I have a genuine feeling for her.

This is a depressing point in my life. Anybody give me any advice on what the hell I'm suppose to do.

Put it into perspective... its one girl mate, get over it... Its really not worth getting depressed over.

You need to focus on what counts in life, such as your future, don't dwell on past failures and friends..

You'll look back on this 5 years from now and laugh at yourself.. Promise :rolleyes:
HARRY PUTAH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not that this will make you feel any better but once he ***** her and dumps her stuck up self, she will just avoid anyone even remotely related to him.

That includes you.
Desperate Prayer
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

You like her, thats fair enough. You tried (or not) and your friends tried and nothing came of it.
Your friend tries to get with her, succeeds, and now you hate him for it? Thats jealousy. Bad squishy.

The rules are divided on this one. On one hand, you shouldnt pursue the girl your buddy is after. On the other, nothing was happening, she wasnt interested, and you had zero interaction with her.

Surely he was your best friend for a reason, and in the case of a split jury I would side with him...and try to get over my stalkerish tendencies.
joy12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Move on mate, you already have wasted so much time, don't waste anymore
village_anonymous
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

You can't call dibs on a girl. You never know, he might actually like her. If anything, now you'll realise you have no chance and move on!
jpman
Report 8 years ago
To be honest bud, I know what you mean. Just I've had it where my mates get with the girls I have already been out with. It hurts a lot, try and forget about it, but don't just block it out and keep your feelings to yourself because otherwise you'll just feel even worse. If you spent so much time tracking down one girl who obviously wasn't even worth it, then soon enough the next girl will come along and you'll do the same, and it will work. Just DON'T get all possesive over a girl you have no reason to though i.e. this girl who your mate is with, because you have nothing to do with each other
Anonymous #3
Report 8 years ago
This guy fancied me for ages and I didn't have any feelings for him or anything so I didn't go out with him, but now he says he's over me but still texts me quite a bit and puts kisses on the end and stuff which makes me feel awkward and my friend told him that but he didn't stop :eek3: and its even more weird 'cause one of his mates is my ex.

So the girl in OPs situation might not be a complete b***h she might just not want to go out with someone she doesn't like in that way, knowing that he does, and doesn't want to limit who she goes out with because of one guy who has a crush on her, esp. if she thinks he's over her.
misty10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
dfhs,afsdlgjsdp;gsdg dfgdgdg
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1490)
79.59%
Leave (382)
20.41%

Watched Threads