Can a relationship survive without sex? Watch

.44_Magnum
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rocious)
some can

yours obviously won't though.. if you both went off it it'd be a different story.
What is the animal in your sig?

I'd hate a sexless relationship, or at least a relationship with no promise of sex. Why would you have less and less sex as a relationship develops - the more times you've done it the better you'll get and the more fun it'll be.
vutterman
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically, i've gone off sex and my other half keeps going on about how he misses the closeness it brings us and we keep arguing whether that's related or not.

But my question is, if i never wanted sex again could our relationship survive?
oh HEEEELLLL NO!
Trouser Snake
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No...If it's a romantic relationship. Anyone who thinks otherwise are kidding themselves.
riotgrrl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My theory of relationships goes thus: :p:

You need three things- friendship (being able to hang out, crack jokes, etc.), romance (not big gestures, but compliments and regularly saying I love you and stuff) and sex. You can go without one of these three factors for a while, for example if your wifes just had a baby and you're not getting sex for a year, or if you're too stressed to be romantic, but you can't go without any one of them forever. The longer you've been with someone and the stronger you are as a couple, the longer you can last without one of the factors.

So, OP, if you're going through a spell of decreased libido, I think that'll fine. But if you seriously don't intend to have sex in your relationship again, I think you're going to fall apart, tbh.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
are you on the injection by any chance?
no right now im on the pill, but im going on the injection soon. why?
neillya1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Melting Sugar.)
****!

:hugs:
That was my first reaction too. :p: Closely followed by a "STAY AWAY FROM ME :mad: "

Hugs always make it better though :yep: :hugs:
alijimi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by riotgrrl)
My theory of relationships goes thus: :p:

You need three things- friendship (being able to hang out, crack jokes, etc.), romance (not big gestures, but compliments and regularly saying I love you and stuff) and sex.
Nice, I like it . But from my experience, romance is present at the beginning of the relationship and becomes friendship later on with time. It's not bad though, trusting someone and getting used to the companionship , is also a great thing. I believe that when we grow older, we don't only change from outside, but also from inside, And that's why a person who is 20 year old sees love differently than a person who is 40 for example. I think people who know how to adapt with the changes of time are happier in their relationships than people who don't:pcguru: .
riotgrrl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by alijimi)
Nice, I like it . But from my experience, romance is present at the beginning of the relationship and becomes friendship later on with time. It's not bad though, trusting someone and getting used to the companionship , is also a great thing. I believe that when we grow older, we don't only change from outside, but also from inside, And that's why a person who is 20 year old sees love differently than a person who is 40 for example. I think people who know how to adapt with the changes of time are happier in their relationships than people who don't:pcguru: .
The whole thing with changing is definitely true. But, although romance is maybe MORE present at the start of a relationship, it certainly doesn't die out. Sweet little things, like doing the washing up when it's not your turn and holding hands in public (how cute are little old couples that do this!?) are still romantic, it's just not the silly 14 year old "I CAN'T BREATHE WHEN YOU'RE NOT WITH ME!!!!1111" romance xD
Sky_Dream
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think sex is important in a relationship. I was in a relationship that lasted for three years and we never had sex. Although im wondering now if that was because there was a lack of attraction and spark there, and i thought that he was just a nice guy. However i still think it's important in relationships.
Oldernotwiser
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Basically, i've gone off sex and my other half keeps going on about how he misses the closeness it brings us and we keep arguing whether that's related or not.

But my question is, if i never wanted sex again could our relationship survive?
I dont believe so.

In relationships which have been long term and in which the people are a lot older than you may be,its possible just to become comfortable companions who have sex very much less frequently but have much better quality sex.

I wonder why you have no desire any more?

Its probably symptomatic of other things that are going wrong.

Time to move on??
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
All sorted

2 happy peoples...still arguments though lol...now just over whose turn it is to cook dinner lol.

cheers for the serious advice and contributions...**** you to all those who were messing about and taking the piss...at least i can get some :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (21)
43.75%
Pro-humanity (27)
56.25%

Watched Threads