David Villa Signs for Barcelona Watch

Gregpicard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Great signing for Barca, and a good price.

Well he'll replace Henry, think he is off to the USA, apparently some MLS team is interested in him. The money they pay for the foreign players is mental....just look at Beckham, 700k a week
Vitamin Sea
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Isometrix)
aren't you getting Chamakh this summer? What are you going to do with him then. And Bendtner...and Eduardo...having that many strikers is pointless.
I know that wasn't direct at me but:

Eduardo's been a shadow of his former self this season and I expect him to move on soon, further more he's simply not cut out for the central striker role. Bendtner's a very good back up player but he can't start 20+ league games a season for a side that's in the race for the title because he's rough around the edges. Good player but at least a couple of seasons away from being a top striker.

Chamakh's a proven striker (in that he's been a crucial part of Bordeaux's rise) and is particularly adept at linking players like Gourcuff to attack which we badly missed when van Persie's been injured. I've no doubt he'll play a crucial role in next seasons Arsenal first team. He may even end up on the right if Nasri and Walcott don't up their game.
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
To Best put Villa:

Villa is unlikely to face any difficulty adopting Pep Guardiola and Barca’s philosophy, unlike Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Thierry Henry, and he should slip effortlessly onto the pitch alongside Leo Messi, Xavi, Andres Iniesta, et al. In fact, ‘El Guaje’ plays almost a similar style of football at Valencia, often combining telepathically with the likes of David Silva and Juan Mata to terrorise defenders. And Villa is much more mobile and versatile compared to Titi and Ibra, not to mention more lethal infront of goal. Imagine an Ibrahimovic won doesn’t lumber around on the pitch, a more consistent Bojan, a more experienced Pedro, and an Henry who won’t complain about being played out of position.

And When Fabregas comes:

Does Guardiola move Iniesta upfront to partner Villa and Messi in attack, and slot Fabregas alongside Xavi in midfield? That’s about as mouth-watering an attacking unit as you can get. It would be like watching a juggler in action through a kaleidoscope. Inter might just need 21 men behind the ball next time they meet. 20 if Sergio Busquets can somehow still break into the first XI.

Having such an over-abundance of attacking talent is all well and fine for fantasy football enthusiasts, and if Barca do eventually add Cesc to the side, they could be playing football so outrageous that they may even be able to communicate with extra-terrestrials through their passing patterns on the pitch. But cramming too much firepower into the side and neglecting other parts of the team, namely in defence, could lead to a sensational collapse, as Madrid will attest.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/edi...rned-barcelona
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
Another thing, I really do hope that Yaya Toure stays. He is the most underrated player in the world.

The only thing that ruins Barca from perfection is the presence of Sergio Busquets.

God when Fabregas does come, imagine 500 passes only between him Iniesta and Xavi.

But Barca do need defensive reinforcements if they are to get anywhere with this firepower.
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Barça)
Mourinho is now suddenly God in Italy ehh :rolleyes: Real without Mourinho can beat us, so can any other team. We are hard to beat but you make it sound as if Jose has a winning formula for everything, Inter lost twice to Barca this season remember?

Iniesta can move out on the wing, or Fabregas can be used in rotation. Either way it's his call, if he is so bothered about starting every game then we will stay at Arsenal as simple as that. Ibra will also stay, that is unless Mancini is really interested, it would be silly to get rid of him now unless a gigantic fee was received.

I dont think there is any usefulness of Ibra any more to be honest. When you just cant meet the expectations when you join one of the best sides in the world, you need to be shown the door.
Barça
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
I dont think there is any usefulness of Ibra any more to be honest. When you just cant meet the expectations when you join one of the best sides in the world, you need to be shown the door.
The only club that will buy him for a price that wouldn't represent a loss for Barcelona would be City. If they don't want him then he will stay because you don't spend over €40m just to piss it off for a smaller amount for no reason. In any event Ibrahimovic had an acceptable season and it would be foolish to count him out after only one season, look at Henry. With Thierry leaving we need all the cover we need.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
To Best put Villa:

Villa is unlikely to face any difficulty adopting Pep Guardiola and Barca’s philosophy, unlike Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Thierry Henry, and he should slip effortlessly onto the pitch alongside Leo Messi, Xavi, Andres Iniesta, et al. In fact, ‘El Guaje’ plays almost a similar style of football at Valencia, often combining telepathically with the likes of David Silva and Juan Mata to terrorise defenders. And Villa is much more mobile and versatile compared to Titi and Ibra, not to mention more lethal infront of goal. Imagine an Ibrahimovic won doesn’t lumber around on the pitch, a more consistent Bojan, a more experienced Pedro, and an Henry who won’t complain about being played out of position.

And When Fabregas comes:

Does Guardiola move Iniesta upfront to partner Villa and Messi in attack, and slot Fabregas alongside Xavi in midfield? That’s about as mouth-watering an attacking unit as you can get. It would be like watching a juggler in action through a kaleidoscope. Inter might just need 21 men behind the ball next time they meet. 20 if Sergio Busquets can somehow still break into the first XI.

Having such an over-abundance of attacking talent is all well and fine for fantasy football enthusiasts, and if Barca do eventually add Cesc to the side, they could be playing football so outrageous that they may even be able to communicate with extra-terrestrials through their passing patterns on the pitch. But cramming too much firepower into the side and neglecting other parts of the team, namely in defence, could lead to a sensational collapse, as Madrid will attest.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/edi...rned-barcelona
Cant discount the fact that he's played with many of the Barca players already while on international duty.
Mr. Orange
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Barça)
Barcelona piss In Ibrahimovic
:toofunny:
thegaffer91
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
When I first saw the headline on the BBC website, i saw it as 'Villa striker moves to Barcelona' rather than 'Striker Villa moves to Barcelona', which confused me greatly

I think I need to get more sleep...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (532)
80.24%
Leave (131)
19.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed