Lotto winner Michael Carrol wants bin job back Watch

DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If I won £10m, I'd genuinely probably buy my Mum a house (not like a mansion), pay off the family debts, kit myself up with top of the range mountaineering gear, driving lessons, test, car (nothing like a Ferrari), huge donation to: my 2 Scout Groups, DofE Society, Scout and Guide Society, St John Ambulance; huge donation to my current chosen charities, new computer, laptop and phone, iPod and then I'd live off the interest. I'd probably be down to say £7million, but that would still be tens of thousands each year to live off, which is more than I need as a student - I'd pay for our family holiday each year for a start.

I wouldn't quit my Summer job because no doubt I'll love the work I do still, and I wouldn't drop out of university because I love my course.
Collingwood
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tkwan196)
you think that right now, but when you do have 10 million, first thing: i should get a bigger house and since i have so much money i can afford to spend more than i need. second: i can get a car of my dreams, i hve ten million so why not get a ferrari or something? by the time you know it, you've spent much more than you planned already. theres nothing wrong with it, just human nature
You speak from experience, I presume?
tkwan196
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Collingwood)
You speak from experience, I presume?
nope. but do you?
Collingwood
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
nope. but do you?
Not nearly such large sums, but yes I have saved money that I have been given on inherited.
tkwan196
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not nearly such large sums, but yes I have saved money that I have been given on inherited.
inheriting something like 500k is much different from 10m since 500k will help paying off debts but 10m means you dont have to work ever for a living
Collingwood
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
inheriting something like 500k is much different from 10m since 500k will help paying off debts but 10m means you dont have to work ever for a living
Only if you don't spend it all on crack. Which is the whole point: people who have some intelligence and self-restraint would rather live a £300k/yr lifestyle for life than a £1m/year lifestyle for just 10 years, then back to being a binman for the next 60.
crazylemon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Only if you don't spend it all on crack. Which is the whole point: people who have some intelligence and self-restraint would rather live a £300k/yr lifestyle for life than a £1m/year lifestyle for just 10 years, then back to being a binman for the next 60.
People borrow money in large sums on things like credit cards.

People are not, as a general rule, financially sensible.
Collingwood
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by crazylemon)
People borrow money in large sums on things like credit cards.

People are not, as a general rule, financially sensible.
'People' have a wide range of financial sense. The lottery just illustrates it most graphically, because on the basis just of earnings many of the those who win would never come close to being able to waste money on such a scale.
crazylemon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
'People' have a wide range of financial sense. The lottery just illustrates it most graphically, because on the basis just of earnings many of the those who win would never come close to being able to waste money on such a scale.
True.

But then playing the lottery shows at least wishful thinking in the first place anyway.
HumanNature1992
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
LOL what an idiot, he's using his then age of 19 as an escuse, its common sense, no matter what age above the age of 10 to save some money and spend wisely.
mackeroo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd spend a bit, then put the majority in the bank and live off the interest, and maybe invest some too. I'm not really materialistic so definitely wouldn't blow it on useless crap.
MrCharmed
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd probablt spend it frivolously but not on the same things. I mean winning the lotterry doesn't need to deine the rest of your life.
JAKstriked
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
He should have got laser vision.
Hatatitla
Report 8 years ago
We need people like him to keep our economy going.
Alors On Danse
Report 8 years ago
Lol, i wonder what those 'hoes' looked like....must have been supermodels to have wasted that much money.
LowRider
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have a feeling he still has a bit of money left. Acc to wiki he invested a million in Rangers Financial Management. He prob isnt a stupid as seen ...... Probably

Seen a video of him with giant gold chains on his neck lol.

Actually he was back on the dole before so maybe not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1384)
79.54%
Leave (356)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed