Tekken!! Watch

Choad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
love tekken... but don't you wish they nerfed some of the worst pad rattling/ 1 hit wonder characters? **** you lili. **** you eddy.
Law92
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
ok tekken 1 2 3 and tag was GREAT! 4 was terrible, 5 gained back its reputation and 6 is good, the campaign is terrible but the original arcade is the best! my fav new characted is lilli, well hot :P
Comrade_Jack
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DJB MASTER)
Tekken tag is my fav because of the range of characters and the tagging mechanism is great.
Am I the only one who doesn't understand why Namco ditched this? Tekken Tag was loads of fun and it seems like it would be so easy to just add it as an extra mode like survival and team battle, but they never brought it back in any of the new Tekken games. I would love to be able to play tag battles with my friends in new Tekkens, seems so stupid that they won't include it when so many other games do :rolleyes:
Choad
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Law92)
ok tekken 1 2 3 and tag was GREAT! 4 was terrible, 5 gained back its reputation and 6 is good, the campaign is terrible but the original arcade is the best! my fav new characted is lilli, well hot :P
that ******* cartwheel move man. how can you like a character with such a game breaking move? you just need to know like 2 or 3 different moves and the right times to use them in and you pretty much don't give your opponent any opportunity to do anything other than act as a punching bag.

with most moves you can counter attack with the right move and land the punch, but with lili's cartwheel she *always* lands the attack. even against slow block breaking power attacks timed perfectly her cartwheel lands.

i am probably exaggerating this but she was rampant online in tekken 5 and i just got sick of losing to the same 3 moves over and over.
Choad
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Comrade_Jack)
Am I the only one who doesn't understand why Namco ditched this? Tekken Tag was loads of fun and it seems like it would be so easy to just add it as an extra mode like survival and team battle, but they never brought it back in any of the new Tekken games. I would love to be able to play tag battles with my friends in new Tekkens, seems so stupid that they won't include it when so many other games do :rolleyes:
i have no idea either. it made tekken a viable 4 player game. win!
NathanW18
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Tekken Tag was the best one. Put so many hours into that game.

Also loved Tekken 3. It's gone downhill since then.
Paddy_Irish_Man
Report 8 years ago
Loved Tekken 3 back in the day. Got 6 for xbox and don't like it, out of practice too long and always getting beat lol. And the 1 player campaign mode is terrible, rubbish controls and repetitive gameplay, should have been left out.

Street Fighter is a far superior game imo
Law92
(Original post by Comrade_Jack)

Yea they should make tekken tag 2! it would be a great success:yep:
anyway tekken is far more supperior than street fighter! hah:p:
Law92
i have hear they've made a Tekken movie!! it supposely crap.....but i STILL wana see it lol
TaeKwonDo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
tag and dr are both great games. br isnt too bad either.

i still play the latter online and would like to play higher level matches offline.

psn-Johannes91
TaeKwonDo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by NothingCrushesUs)
Tekken 3 is the best fighting game ever. The rest of the series (after 3) have been really mediocre though...
3 sucks

ridiculous damage output
really imbalanced
like 10 good moves in the whole game

try playing that **** now

(Original post by Hooj)
Tekken is at the bottom of the Fighting Game pile...
mortal kombat
KOF
soul calibur
dead or alive

yeah, i don't think so somehow.

(Original post by DJB MASTER)

Things started going wrong from tekken 4 onwards. They either messed up existing characters with weird costumes or changed move lists.

4 is dreadful. dr is a bazillion times better than it.
NothingCrushesUs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TaeKwonDo)
3 sucks

ridiculous damage output
really imbalanced
like 10 good moves in the whole game

try playing that **** now
That's complete rubbish. Not only is it the most realistic of the tekken series (and I've been a student of various martial arts for pretty much my whole life, so don't question that), but every single character has good moves. As with any game, it's how you use the character that matters. As soon as my exams finish, I will find some way to play you at it, and beat you with every single character in the game as proof, if you really want.

NothingCrushesUs
lt001
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's complete rubbish. Not only is it the most realistic of the tekken series *Referring to Tekken 3*

NothingCrushesUs
Particularly as it contains characters like Gon, a cartoon dinosaur who can knock people down with his flatulence. :P

Just kidding I loved Tekken 3, especially Gon if I remember rightly he was decent in the volleyball mode

Luke
Law92
volleyball mode remember the bowling in tekken tag?
TaeKwonDo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
As soon as my exams finish, I will find some way to play you at it, and beat you with every single character in the game as proof, if you really want.

NothingCrushesUs
lolk
NothingCrushesUs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by lt001)
Particularly as it contains characters like Gon, a cartoon dinosaur who can knock people down with his flatulence. :P

Just kidding I loved Tekken 3, especially Gon if I remember rightly he was decent in the volleyball mode

Luke
Well, obviously not including the joke characters :P But all of the fighting styles and the designation of a button to each limb are incredibly realistic!

NothingCrushesUs
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Tekken 6 sucks. Do not get it.

My first ever PS1 game was Tekken 3. Now that was a good game.
Law92
tekken 6 is alrght! the acarde mode is the best and the graphics are betta
ok the load time is soooo long and could of been improved!
makaveli33
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wonder what Tekken 7 will be like 0_o, they should make a Tekken Tag 2 first!
X-KiwiTheIncapable- X
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by makaveli33)
I wonder what Tekken 7 will be like 0_o, they should make a Tekken Tag 2 first!
Tekken Tag 2 would be great, I could imagine like 50+ playable characters (which would be awesome). I haven't actually played 4, 5 or 6 but they look very over the top and just don't have the same appeal as the older games.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (101)
19.8%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (208)
40.78%
Nope, not that interesting (201)
39.41%

Watched Threads