Turn on thread page Beta

Height does matter for a guy. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    Yeah, along with my chihuahua and Jimmy Choo's. :no:

If I'm dressed up with my heels on, I don't want to be taller than my boyfriend. What a ridiculous thing to say. Therefore, taller men in my opinion are more attractive.
    You just confirmed my point.

Which is it such a problem if you're taller than him?

(Original post by hxx)
    Go to other forums for women and you will see the same. The vast majority of women won't date guys that are 5'7" or shorter.

Not true at all.
    There is a principle called "falling in love within a framework" which explains that subconsciously women only allow themselves to be attracted to men who meet very specific demands in terms of physical features (including height!), success, wealth and status. All other guys no matter how intelligent, nice, self-confident, good-natured etc., will get screened out before they are even seriously considered. In order to get the same respect (and attention), the short guy has to be A LOT better than the tall guy in other aspects. Better is not enough, he has to be a LOT better.
    The old advice that you can get any woman you want, even if you are short, fat, poor and ugly, as long as you are self-confident, is utter nonsense spewed by clueless people.

This, you do have to be a LOT better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's not. There are height threads on tsr where a lot (the majority) of girls are taller. It's just pure b.s. , it's like having a disability tbh.
    So what if it is?

ReputationRep:
    Mate, I'm shorter than you and just fine. Get a grip.

(Original post by hxx)
    And you claimed that men are more shallow than men without having a source.
    I still have no doubt that women are at least as shallow as men. Just look at the increased focus on mens looks and bodies. It's everywhere in the society and media. The pressure also comes from women, who expect guys to be tall, good-looking, muscular, well-endowed etc. Women put way more pressure on men than vice versa.
    Most of the pressure on men women comes from women themselves. Guys often say that they don't worry about wobbly bits and cellulite, but women don't show the same tolerance when it comes to mens bodies.
    BS. This new focus on male appearance is just a taster of what women have been having to endure for....an eternity.

ReputationRep:
    Im 5.7...but the size of my....

shoes helps me - what were you thinking??:O

That too thought lol

ReputationRep:
    The best way to deal with this problem OP is to go and find a women who is taller than you and who likes you. This is not as rare as you think.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm 5 ft 5 1/2 and it DOES matter cos people always go pointing it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's not. There are height threads on tsr where a lot (the majority) of girls are taller. It's just pure b.s. , it's like having a disability tbh.

I have never let it get to me until now, but it just makes life a lot tougher and its demoralising to see how girls always run to the 6ft+ guys.

I would never discriminate based on height.
    Shut up you ******. http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-legend...all-people.php

You're not even small.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxx)
    You just confirmed my point.

Which is it such a problem if you're taller than him?
    The Jimmy Choo thing was...sarcastic. Are you new to the internet?

Anyway I suppose they are just my preference. Just think they look more masculine and sexy.
    I'm assuming you have preferences in your partner but am I judging? No.

You're just making yourself sound pathetic and jealous of tall guys you know.

ReputationRep:
    TALL. yes.
    but if the guy is short i am sure there are many more women that are shorter than him.

ReputationRep:
    I'm average height and I really couldn't care less. The shorter you are, easier it can be to go caving ( :awesome: ). Being taller means you've got more of you to drag through tiny gaps.

Short? Go caving. That'll boost your confidence! (I'm determined to plug caving at every given opportunity.)

ReputationRep:
    your height is fine most girls are about 5ft6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    BS. This new focus on male appearance is just a taster of what women have been having to endure for....an eternity.
    Nope, it's not BS. Sorry to say.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway I'm 5'7 (female) and yes, I would only go for a guy at the very least 5'11 because I love wearing heels. Rugby players :sexface:
    Hahahahaha Rugby players, I know many girls like you.

ReputationRep:
    The Jimmy Choo thing was...sarcastic. Are you new to the internet?
    I got the sarcasm, but you obviously didn't get that it wasn't that line which confirmed my point.

Anyway I suppose they are just my preference. Just think they look more masculine and sexy.
    I'm assuming you have preferences in your partner but am I judging? No.

You're just making yourself sound pathetic and jealous of tall guys you know.
    You call me pathetic, when you can't even handle to date a guy who's shorter than you. Good job.

And please tell me: Why shouldn't a short guy be jealous of the tall guys? The vast majority of women are like you when it comes to this.
    They don't like short guys at all, no matter how his personality is.

ReputationRep:
    Urghh another short person whinging.....................

If you're funny and happy and lovely you will be a sex god !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teriaki)
    I wasn't going to make a new thread on this so here goes:

Girls, what would you consider to be an ideal (or just a good) height for a guy to be? I'm personally 189 cm (6' 2.5" for those of you who still use that outdated and impractical imperial system of measurement) and I just love my height since I'm a bit taller than most of the guys out there but I am not freakish basketball player like tall. Females, what do you think?

6ft2 is not freakishly tall. It's a great height. Thumbs up from the female sector

ReputationRep:
    6ft2 is not freakishly tall. It's a great height. Thumbs up from the female sector
    I didn't say I was freakishly tall. My point was that I'm taller than most but not tall enough to be freakishly tall. I don't think I could ask for a better height to be at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxx)
    I got the sarcasm, but you obviously didn't get that it wasn't that line which confirmed my point.

You call me pathetic, when you can't even handle to date a guy who's shorter than you. Good job.

And please tell me: Why shouldn't a short guy be jealous of the tall guys? The vast majority of women are like you when it comes to this.
    They don't like short guys at all, no matter how his personality is.

Oh just be quiet and buy a penis enlarger or something. I can't stand short whingy people, sorry.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.