What will you be cooking at university? Watch

Tucking Fypo
Badges: 2
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by katebushfan)
I'm a little worried about cooking when it comes to uni! I love to cook but most of the time I end up spending too much money on ingredients. My favourite thing to cook is mexican food .

So I was wondering, what are you going to be cooking when you go to university? Or will you be living off of ready meals? Does anyone have any quick and easy recipes to share?
Mexican food? Just go to Origins in Darwin. :ninja:

Or Tacos Locos (:coma:) which is next to Nandos in town. :ninja:
katebushfan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by TuckingFypo™)
Mexican food? Just go to Origins in Darwin. :ninja:

Or Tacos Locos (:coma:) which is next to Nandos in town. :ninja:
Ooh, Tacos Locos sounds nice. I don't think I can afford to eat out all the time though .

By the way, is there a Zizzi's (restaurant) in Canterbury?
not-another-number
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got a student cookbook for Christmas and my cooking has really come on since then. I have gotten a lot more adventurous with my cooking, the food is cheap and makes you feel good about yourself because it's not crap.
Tucking Fypo
Report 8 years ago
Ooh, Tacos Locos sounds nice. I don't think I can afford to eat out all the time though .

By the way, is there a Zizzi's (restaurant) in Canterbury?
Tacos Locos is amazing. And yeah, Zizzi is on the same road as the other two places. :eating:
katebushfan
Rep:
?
(Original post by TuckingFypo™)
Tacos Locos is amazing. And yeah, Zizzi is on the same road as the other two places. :eating:
Hurrah! Sounds lovely :-). I LOVE Zizzi's , their starters are bigger than their main meals and weirdly cheap, yet delicious, I think I'm going to live off it!
Dude Where's My Username
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Breakfast: Basics Poodle

Lunch: Basics Poodle

Dinner: Basics Poodle

I'm easily satisfied
teily
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yep, i definitely plan on cooking at uni. i'll probably be fixing chili, spaghetti, and any other dish i can make with ground turkey breast. and i'll also have chicken dishes as well...
Earl Nuce
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Kittens
Dnator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm a little worried about cooking when it comes to uni! I love to cook but most of the time I end up spending too much money on ingredients. My favourite thing to cook is mexican food .

So I was wondering, what are you going to be cooking when you go to university? Or will you be living off of ready meals? Does anyone have any quick and easy recipes to share?
Breakfast porridge
Lunch two tins of tuna
Tea 3 peices of chicken breast, with or without brown rice.

That is what I ate solid for a few months of uni. Sometimes I swapped the chicken for Spag Bol.
beckyl92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
im probably gonna live off 9p smart price asda noodles.
mmm
Rinker
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ibysaiyan)
LOL No idea :/ I might endup with living on instant fast junk fried food. That is so not cool
That's what I did multiple times a day every day for 4 years of undergrad. It didn't bite me in the ass because I always worked out. However, I ruptured my ACL at the end of last year, continued that diet and gained 20 pounds in less than 3 months.

Definitely can't do that anymore ...
fkos
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Can't cook for toffee, not too sure what I'm going to do this September o_O

Probably buy loads of pasta and tins of tuna :awesome:
angel_night
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My favourites to cook are curries, spag bol, pasta bake, soups, fahjitas and things like gammon. They're all pretty quick and really simple, taste good and arent that expensive to make and require minimal effort
Asha5692
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Large mince pie
Spag bol
Lasagne
Spaghetti and meatballs
chilli con carne
(all basically the same thing)
ibysaiyan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rinker)
That's what I did multiple times a day every day for 4 years of undergrad. It didn't bite me in the ass because I always worked out. However, I ruptured my ACL at the end of last year, continued that diet and gained 20 pounds in less than 3 months.

Definitely can't do that anymore ...
Yep as long as you keep up with the gym workout and keep it for once a week shouldn't be a problem.
Stella476
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

I will be cooking 100 per cent of what I eat. My hope is that I can get people to pay for my delicious food (which will totally include GOOD Mexican) so I can cut down on costs.

I don't usually use recipes, but instead just make. I was allergic to everything (read: EVERYTHING) when I was little so I have been cooking since I can remember and am damn good at it.

So, anybody going to East Anglia <or possibly Dundee> who wants good food, I'm taking orders now! :P
littlechinagirl
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
When I started uni last year I had this *genius* idea that I'd just eat instant 9p/packet noodles for 2 meals a day, have toast for breakfast and just make sure I ate plenty of fruit...So I went to ASDA, bought loads and then after the first day I felt sick of them already! This time I intend to just eat what I eat at home, albeit a cheaper version, pasta in sauce with some veggies chopped into it is a pretty sound meal and much less nauseating than nothing but synthetic 'chicken' noodles
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Always get basics (value) stuff if you want to save money, most of it's decent stuff. Most of my meals center around either sauce for pasta, curry or stew. I guess I'm generally more inventive with puddings as thats what I enjoy cooking (and eating) the most. Make toad in the hole and roasts sometimes too :top: Can't beat a good roast !
katebushfan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stella476)
I will be cooking 100 per cent of what I eat. My hope is that I can get people to pay for my delicious food (which will totally include GOOD Mexican) so I can cut down on costs.

I don't usually use recipes, but instead just make. I was allergic to everything (read: EVERYTHING) when I was little so I have been cooking since I can remember and am damn good at it.

So, anybody going to East Anglia <or possibly Dundee> who wants good food, I'm taking orders now! :P
I love the way you wrote 'good mexican' and good is in capital letters, as opposed to my 'mexican' in the OP. :P.

For the record - I cook GOOD mexican too! I'd have a cook off with you if I going to East Anglia or Dundee... alas ;p.
deathbeforeimmortality
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Lentil soup, pasta, salads... random quick foods I guess ^^
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (16)
94.12%
No (1)
5.88%

Watched Threads