Where do LSE postgraduates come from? Watch

Dirac Delta Function
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tarutaru)
Yes, very very competitive at the highest level but a lot lot cheaper with very good funding opportunities.

ok, because a friend was thinking about going to LSE for PhD after she finishes a masters in the US.

Unfortunately, a lot of universitites use MSc degrees as cash cows, LSE is no different I suppose.
Tarutaru
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by cyyuenangie)
i do agree your good statistics skill..you are absoultely right.
but you have fundamentally biased assumption that:

1. student applying to Cambridge, oxford, mit. LBS also apply LSE
2. The student apply to these schools together and got the offer will simply rejected LSE.

If your assumption is correct, the worst school in uk will have the highest instake/application ratio. But i cannot see that.
also, i cannot see anyone here idiot, please stop to use this word to the user here. it is very very low..and i cannot see what qualification you have saying that towards other students here.

Dude, can you read my statement carefully please???? I said the students of Oxford MSc Financial Economics and NOT the applicants, meaning that if those STUDENTS studying at Oxford and actually applied to LSE have already declined LSE...

Did not you say my qualification??? I said conservative estimation, 50%, and 50% is a very very conservative estimation... If every of these schools has 100 students a year, then the 50%,40%, or even 30% can be hundreds!! not to mention those who could not get the funding and delay their entries...

oh dear, stop this argument now... I am tired....
Tarutaru
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sasha_pt)
Eh, I was not rejected for MSc Economics at LSE In fact, I have never applied for it. And I am not a student at LSE at the moment.

Regarding you later comment, I never said anything about computing the ratio of intake to applications and using it as a proof of something. As the website reports intakes, and not offers, your further discussion of offers to applications ratio is irrelevant. If you want to say that offers considerably exceed intake, well, I don't think so, but there is no real evidence to prove or disprove it.

I just said that the fact that LSE was still accepting applications was not informative at all in this discussion. Please be careful!
Ok, I apologize, let us stop it now...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (52)
98.11%
No (1)
1.89%

Watched Threads