Does facebook have ANY impact on your relationship? Watch

usernamer1
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
I must admit it does.

There was this stage where it felt kinda wrong not to start a conversation with her... Even though it was crap fb chat.

Then there was the stage where I would look at her wall quite regularly and look out for activity. I am being honest.

However now I dont really notice/am not as obsessive but do still have a quick 'glance'
I appreciate that she has her own group of close friends, male and female and dont mind seeing drunk pictures of her along with some of her male friends because I trust her.
Kittennffc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nope, not at all. We're friends on FB, but never ever post messages to each other. I can't even remember the last time I checked his profile.
Nebulae
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well it didn't affect me too much with my ex when we were together, but I must admit that now that we're broken up I have a tendency to check up on his facebook. I know I shouldn't, but I'm just so used to knowing what's going on in his life, and it's just so easy. I'm also worried that my facebook might be offputting for future guys seeing as we were together for a long time and had some very camera happy friends, so there are a LOT of photos of us together. Also I can imagine finding it difficult having such easy access to information about a new boyfriends past, some things you just shouldn't get to know unless the person chooses to tell you.
Meh.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hmm. The only damage it's done is that I can see some photos of his ex, and some comments - actually, loads of comments - she used to write under his photos. They're nothing too soppy (well, some photos are) but it does make me a bit uncomfortable... but hey, easy solution, I just don't click them

Facebook has also allowed me to stalk her obsessively at one point... I did find out some things I didn't want to know. And it made me get so angry at him. not a good time.

... But meh, otherwise nope, it has no impact. I certainly don't check up on what's he's doing now or whatever. He hardly uses it anyway.
madders94
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My boyfriend deleted his facebook, he said he preferred face-to-face communication, and having been with him for over two months now, I can see the benefits. We have long talks over the phone and in person, we never mistake one emotion or way of speaking for another, any arguments (thank god and touch wood we've had none yet!) can be resolved face-to-face rather than airing our dirty laundry in public where all our friends can see. I use facebook a lot less now too, and the benefits are showing from the fact that I've found so much more time for other things I enjoy like theatre, singing and writing and revision, of course :p:
Carpediemxx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No, people take facebook far too seriously
Pinball_heart
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
lol was this Tom C or Joss??

@OP - yeah found that FB made some stuff awkward between us (anon coz he might use this site)

Lol hello stalker, and who may you be?!
Snaffle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bex_1_2_1)
.....and you're still with him?
Yeah. I know it seems weird, but people don't really understand unless they know the whooooleee story (which is very long! haha)
tsr10
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Snaffle)
Went on my boyfriends a few times, mainly because i am SO nosey. Then one day went on genuinely to look at this guys profile that i wasn't friends with, cos he had some pics i wanted to see, and my boyf had left a facebook chat convo on with this girl and he was flirting with her, so confronted him. We sorted that, but he was ennoyed i went on it.

Thennn one of his mates broke up with his gf and i went on his to see if he had spoken to my boyfriend about it, and read the convo where my boyfriend was saying that he kindof wanted to be single atm, but just cos he wanted to f*** other girls

After a while i spoke to him about that, and we sorted it.

But now he has changed his password, which kind of ennoys me sometimes. But i am nosey, i admit it, so i can't help myself sometimes!

played
Snaffle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tsr10)
played
long story!!
wwd
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Meh.)
Hmm. The only damage it's done is that I can see some photos of his ex, and some comments - actually, loads of comments - she used to write under his photos. They're nothing too soppy (well, some photos are) but it does make me a bit uncomfortable... but hey, easy solution, I just don't click them

Facebook has also allowed me to stalk her obsessively at one point... I did find out some things I didn't want to know. And it made me get so angry at him. not a good time.

... But meh, otherwise nope, it has no impact. I certainly don't check up on what's he's doing now or whatever. He hardly uses it anyway.
You stalked her as in his ex? What did you find out?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (517)
80.66%
Leave (124)
19.34%

Watched Threads