How did everyone find the AQA Biology exam? Watch

Duckzilla
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anyone know what was needed for 100 UMS in B3 in January?
sj:)
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bungo)
i did both b2 and b3, b2 was harder than b3 as the graphs and sankey diagrams were impossible to interpet, i am getting the paper we did this morning later this afternoon ( my dad is a exam officer) and i will post the questions and answers, pm or quote me if you want the questions and the correct answers
Oscar
Could you send me the correct answers for B3 please?
Britishstudent
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Didn't think it was too bad!

I thought that the milk question about enzymes was brilliant - loads of marks to be gained and relatively easy

But those graphs were stupid.
nowrin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It was fine actually, I'm sure I lost a few marks here and there though.
Oh, and guess which retard wrote "spontaneous generation" . . . OOPSY.

I did the Unit 2 retake too and that was fine, I don't think I could have lost any more that 5-7 marks : )
GunnerArshavin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by forsaker)
Pretty sure photosynthesis is endothermic so it should, hope we're right though
Yeah, Haha , I was worried for a moment there
Cardboard
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by matt_price93)
Didn't think it was too bad!

I thought that the milk question about enzymes was brilliant - loads of marks to be gained and relatively easy

But those graphs were stupid.
Yeah, the function of bile in the liver part was standardsssssss.
Emulsify and neutralise.
Booya.
forsaker
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bungo)
i did both b2 and b3, b2 was harder than b3 as the graphs and sankey diagrams were impossible to interpet, i am getting the paper we did this morning later this afternoon ( my dad is a exam officer) and i will post the questions and answers, pm or quote me if you want the questions and the correct answers
Oscar
Me too please, for both if possible
ajdaman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Biology 3 was very easy wrote like an essay for the last question about urine and kidney, even talked about Uroblin LOL :L
ajdaman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
B3 for january 2009 AQA is on the site. i think it was about 32-33/ 45 not sure for A*
SamKar
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For the carbon cycle question i put D and B (might have messed up)
But every other question was fairly straightforward
Hopefully I could get 40+ so i can negate my ISA mark (32) and get an A*
sweetascandy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Loads of ppl found the b2 paper really really difficult so hopefully the grade boundaries will dropp (I rely rely hope they doo!!)
ScarlettMelody
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I HATE SANKEY DIAGRAMS!

almost died when i saw it.. deffinatly got that wrong
Cardboard
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ScarlettMelody)
I HATE SANKEY DIAGRAMS!

almost died when i saw it.. deffinatly got that wrong
It put me off the whole exam.
:l
Not cool. :nn:
Bungo
Report 8 years ago
hi, as mentioned earlier i will have the b2 paper by this evening and i will post the questions and answers, i will have them by 6:30pm as i cannot get them any sooner as my dad has exams to invildulate this afternoon,
oscar
Deceiver
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Found that pretty difficult... hardly anything about enzymes in industry and genetic disorders which I revised loads...
Anyone else put Chlorophyll as one of the carbon compounds? It's got 'C' in the formula so I'm guessing it's an accepted answer... put Protein as the other one, which kinda makes sense, but probably too vague.

(Original post by Bungo)
hi, as mentioned earlier i will have the b2 paper by this evening and i will post the questions and answers, i will have them by 6:30pm as i cannot get them any sooner as my dad has exams to invildulate this afternoon,
oscar
Thanks.
madders94
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bungo)
Oscar
Hi, if you have the b3 answers, could you send them to me if you get a chance please? Thankyou x
Cardboard
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Was anyone else pissed off when they spent hours revising genetic diagrams and punnet squares, only to find it had not even been MENTIONED.

That was pointless.
theharrovian
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I found both units quite challenging (lots of random questions popping up everywhere), but I personally put down glucose and starch for the carbon compounds - since they have different structures I'm hoping both answers will be accepted. On the other hand, I really hated the question about biofuels - I haven't learnt about any enzymes being used but I guessed amylase... Could someone explain that to me please?
starlust
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by theharrovian)
On the other hand, I really hated the question about biofuels - I haven't learnt about any enzymes being used but I guessed amylase... Could someone explain that to me please?
Are you talking about B3? I only took that paper but everyone said they got stumped on the question where you had to mention the name of the enzyme. I wrote carbohydrases.
theharrovian
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by starlust)
Are you talking about B3? I only took that paper but everyone said they got stumped on the question where you had to mention the name of the enzyme. I wrote carbohydrases.
Yeah, I'm talking about B3 - amylase is a carbohydrase but I think it asked for a specific one - I only guessed amylase as it would break down the starch in the plant material into simple sugars for respiration...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (553)
80.38%
Leave (135)
19.62%

Watched Threads