Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i really like the dress i think it would look great in the summer on a beach but not for an 18th, Jewellery and alcohol would be good coz she couldn't have the alcohol before obiously, there are some really nice necklaces and rings in h samuel at the moment which would fit the same kind of proce as the dress

ReputationRep:
    PLEASE don't buy that dress. Even if your girlfriend is likely to like that sort of a dress, she'll look like an absolute idiot wearing it if she's only 18. Don't do that to her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma2308)
    Wow! Love this :p:
    Good taste, if I may say so myself

Roberto Cavalli is my style icon, the man's an Italian genius! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamJes)
    Well it's difficult to say because we don't know what her style is like. Personally, I wouldn't wear it because it's not my style but it could look really nice on someone else if that was their style. Does your girlfriend usually wear things like that?
    That video in your signature is HILARIOUS LOOOL shes totally parring ludacris!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    that dress is ugly, sorry! i suppose theres a chance your girlfriend would like it but you'd be taking a chance. and sooo not worth 79 quid anyway! :O

I wouldn't wear it they look like hawaiian curtains

Definitely.

But different girls like different things. Um...must you get her a dress? I mean, there are so many ways you could go wrong. Buy her a book, or a teapot or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rusty17)
    Hi all,

Looking at getting my girlfriend a dress for part of her 18th- and was just after opinions on this dress- but I'm clueless when it comes to what girls like really! Am I slightly on track, or way off course?

http://www.phase-eight.co.uk/pws/ima...00998376_1.png

Thanks for any input!
    If she's turning 18 then i doubt that she'd want to wear that....It looks like something a middle aged woman would wear! Maybe try shops that are targeted more for younger people, like Topshop, River Island, Asos, Warehouse etc...

ReputationRep:
    oh my lord :|

Hell no.

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit....great great grandma?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rusty17)
    Hi all,

Looking at getting my girlfriend a dress for part of her 18th- and was just after opinions on this dress- but I'm clueless when it comes to what girls like really! Am I slightly on track, or way off course?

http://www.phase-eight.co.uk/pws/ima...00998376_1.png

Thanks for any input!
    It's OK,but it depends on your GF's style?? I think that price is way too much for that dress though- don't buy it,IMO,just because it's not really worth it.

Check these Miss Selfridge dresses out- they're cheaper and IMO prettier:

Dress 1

Dress 2

Dress 3

I think they're cute.Cheaper too

ReputationRep:
    This dress is cute. It can be worn for some picnics.
    Personally, If I had the choice I wouldn't buy it.
    I don't like much floral dresses, but I would rather buy some 1 color dress.

ReputationRep:
    Old Womans dress much?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.