Hurt Locker packs hurt on illegal filesharing Watch

TheTallOne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sephiroth)
I don't mind the speed because I'm only on 0.5mb at uni, but even at home I'm rarely in such a hurry for things. I agree the library is smaller, but I almost never have problems finding what I'm looking for.

I imagine downloading HD movies is a pain with it, but I'm much more likely to buy a movie I like than a music album.
Wouldn't premium accounts to one-click file hosts provide much faster speeds and also allow parallel downloads?

Obviously, you have to pay a small amount for this service - perhaps an opportunity cost for faster and easier access?
moneyballs2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
Just to make one thing clear.

You cant be traced if you are part of a private tracker?

Or would they even bother suing for people outside the US?
not 100% that you are not going toget caught, as the piracy companies may get into it, it's safer, not fully safe.
Mazty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It won't fly over here. One UK law firm has tried this already and failed miserably as IP is not enough to actually prove someone has downloaded a file illegally, as you can fake an IP as well as hack into routers etc.
Mazty
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by crazyspacemonkey)
Good for them. How can you possibly be angry that the company who produced the film don't want people to have it for free? ******* sick of people thinking they should get everything for nothing.
The film is that bad viewers should have been paid to watch it.
moneyballs2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Psyk)
No, it would be a defence if he hadn't incriminated himself. In this country it has to be proven that you personally committed the crime. It would be like if you left your car unlocked, someone stole your car and then got a speeding ticket, would you have to pay that speeding ticket? No, you wouldn't. Same goes for wireless connections.
I explicitly said that i only download legal torrents. IF i downloaded illegally i would use that excuse, but seeing as i don't, it's no problem.
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by moneyballs2)
not 100% that you are not going toget caught, as the piracy companies may get into it, it's safer, not fully safe.

Thanks, I think in this case I will probably get it from someone who already has it and doesn't know about this. Or maybe get it myself from a private tracker I am on cause i don't know if this even remotely applies to anyone outside the US.

I really do wanna see the movie though.

Thanks for the help
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jingers)
You can be traced, but it's harder.

Alright thank you.
ish90an
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I watched it last night, its terrible. A waste of 2 hours of my bandwidth. :ninja:
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I hate people who don't know how to file share.

It's supposed to be a try before you buy. You download it free and if you like it you buy it, if not you get rid of it.
crazyspacemonkey
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mazty)
The film is that bad viewers should have been paid to watch it.
Doesn't make it ok to steal it.
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by IchiCC)
I predict a massive increase in people torrenting Hurt Locker.
Just for the lulz :ahee:
murpo
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by moneyballs2)
Private doesn't make it any safer tbh
Jingers
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Broderss)
I hate people who don't know how to file share.

It's supposed to be a try before you buy. You download it free and if you like it you buy it, if not you get rid of it.
You can't really have rules on how illegal you can be...

Not many people are going to buy what they've already downloaded for free. Why would they? There's no loss in quality, and it saves physical space, what with home theatre PCs and torrents being encoded with everything a normal blu ray release would have, such as DTS, DTS HD, subtitles etc.
Mazty
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Because? What about those who wouldn't have watched it if it wasn't for torrents? Who looses out then?
wilson_smith
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tefhel)
I always buy my films but I think the movie industry needs to realise that the cat is out of the bag, and has been for almost a decade.
They need to adapt themselves like the music industry is starting to (with things such as Spotify). And realise that they can't turn back the tide of downloading by trying to sue everybody. Instead they need to change the way they do things to make money. And please, please don't make adverts with a multi-millionaire, $50 million Beverly Hills mansion-owning actor/actress saying "You're stealing from me!" like the RIAA did with Britney, believe me, that doesn't make anyone sympathetic.

The Hurt Locker looks like complete tripe by the way. I agree they're probably suing because people downloaded it and decided it was so crap they didn't want to buy the dvd.
It's called Voddler
azhao
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have this at 1080p 8.5GB :ninja:
Joluk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If i went into a sweet shop, picked up a mars bar, waved a magic wand over it and created a second mars bar, but put the original back on the shelf, it wouldn't really be stealing would it?
Sephiroth
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TheTallOne)
Wouldn't premium accounts to one-click file hosts provide much faster speeds and also allow parallel downloads?

Obviously, you have to pay a small amount for this service - perhaps an opportunity cost for faster and easier access?
It would, but I figure if I have to pay for illegal downloads I may as well spend a bit extra and go pay for whatever it is I want legally.
crazyspacemonkey
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mazty)
Because? What about those who wouldn't have watched it if it wasn't for torrents? Who looses out then?
The thief loses out, that's who.

And as far as why it isn't ok to steal it, it's because it is stealing. The explanation is quite clear I'd have thought.
crazyspacemonkey
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Joluk)
If i went into a sweet shop, picked up a mars bar, waved a magic wand over it and created a second mars bar, but put the original back on the shelf, it wouldn't really be stealing would it?
No, it would be magic.

In the real world, downloading anything you haven't paid for is stealing. Someone has copied it and is illegally distributing it. I can't fathom why you would think it wasn't.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (78)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (163)
40.35%
Nope, not that interesting (163)
40.35%

Watched Threads