Grandfather killed infront of granddaughter - another appalling crime. Watch

Chumbaniya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Echey)
I can't tell your tone here but I wanted to ask, you or anyone else

How do you solve a problem like this? as in, how to prevent further attacks of this nature from other people?

since this isn't an isolated incident. What makes people want to do such things
I'm not sure why you expect me to have either a solution or an explanation. I'm simply taking a sarcastic tone towards the usual hordes of perspectiveless cretins who will tell you that every time someone commits a crime it means our society is on the verge of collapse. Since the dawn of mankind, there have been some individuals who have done incredibly cruel things to others for no discernible reason - this incident is very sad and the guilty parties are clearly unpleasant individuals who find some warped pleasure in assaulting strangers, but it doesn't mean that suddenly the majority of people in the UK are going to go out and do the same thing.

At least there's some degree of consistency maintained by those who believe that society is getting progressively more vicious, in that they take an unsettlingly positive view of archaic punishments like torture and death.
PapaShmurff
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Tooting's a piece of ****. Only place in london i don't feel safe lol.
YannTouchable
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why :cry:

sigh
Extricated
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by adam_zed)
What a lazy and half hearted solution inspired by a desire for blood and revenge with no consideration as to how to stop this kind of thing from happening again. Also with such a solution you will get people moaning about paying their taxes for them to be locked up.

Oh okay, so rewind a century ago and no-one was getting beaten to death?
? How did you assume that? I said they are increasing, not that there was no beating to death a century ago? :/
adam_zed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Extricated)
? How did you assume that? I said they are increasing, not that there was no beating to death a century ago? :/
Okay, well is there any evidence of such a claim because the statistics I have seen paint quite the opposite picture
greatmonte
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
Instead of locking them up, they should be disciplined and forced to join the army.
the family have a right to proper retribution if the law is going to stop people carrying it out....and who in the right mind would give those people a gun and send them to a foreign country
Iron Mike
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by somethingbeautiful)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-8-years.html

It's not just the crime itself which is disgusting, but the sentences that were given out to the perpetrators. This is becoming such a regular occurence in the newspapers (injustice). Is there anything that we can do about it? Something is badly wrong with our justice system.
These bull-**** sentences are pissing me off now. We need punishments which can act as deterrents. People are killing for a laugh, FFS. Thats how much they fear the penal system.
kristinaalovesu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
bring back the death sentence.
its unfair!they do know that his GRANDDAUGHTER saw the crime! and it would leave her miserable and emotional for life!and if that old guy was my relative, i would be miserable too. and those guys wont learn their lesson, the only way for them to learn is to either spend the rest of their lives in jail *too late for them to realise that* or if some thugz abuse/killed one of their relatives as well.

:/
miss_opinionated
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
disgusting .
EskimoJo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Horrible clip. Sentences are way too short. A completely sad situation, but not one that I will allow to make me sad beyond the time I'm reading about it.
fayebsy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
Instead of locking them up, they should be disciplined and forced to join the army.
Having the honour of being in the army shouldn't be seen as a punishment IMO.

Disgusting sentence, no wonder prison isn't seen as a deterrent to most nowadays.
King_Blumpkins
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's sick, hopefully natural selection wipes them off the face of the Earth!

It reminds me of the incident where a man and his son were playing cricket and a bunch of chavvy ****s came and killed the man.
Mechie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They didn't mean to kill the guy...why's everyone so harsh these days?
cowsgoquack
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
At least they didn't do it behind her back, that would just be cowardly.
Mechie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by fayebsy)
Having the honour of being in the army shouldn't be seen as a punishment IMO.
Yes, there's honour in having anyone, who could be as thick as mince, getting given a gun and shoved out to far away countries to be cannon feed for the enemy.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (182)
18.86%
No (582)
60.31%
Not really bothered about them (201)
20.83%

Watched Threads