Turn on thread page Beta

Reue finally got visited by the Tv Licence Inspectors! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milky Milk)
    Having to pay over £100 for them to fund money into **** programmes such as Young, Dumb and Living off Mum? Pfft.
    Did you actually see it? I would quite happily pay the cost of a licence for YDALOM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bescientific69)
    I've just moved into a new house and one of their warning letters to "the occupier" was waiting for us, telling us that we've been visited by their enforcement officers but nobody was in and suggesting that someone was watching tv illegally inside! The house has been empty for about six months! Perhaps their "special detection equipment" isn't working
    Yeah funny that. My magic wand doesn't seem to be working either. Also my pet unicorn has gone missing.

I got TV licence letters in the last place I lived. I'd like to see them try to get a TV signal in there. Although this does remind me, I need to get a TV licence for the place I've just moved into. I do actually plan on watching TV this time round.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I've had like 9 of those letters.... I have a TV, yet it's used only for Wii time. No point telling them...I tried...got another letter... >_>

ReputationRep:
    I won't get one either once I'm in uni, I'll just use my PC.

ReputationRep:
    After about a dozen threatening letters which I didn't deign to acknowledge, having informed them in writing that I had no television and no plans to purchase one, I actually had a visit from these little treasures. A weaselly-looking man and a butch female with a horizontal slash of lipstick who clearly provided the muscle. They squelched across the field in the rain up to the door, announced that they were carrying out an inspection of the premises due to my not having a valid licence, and that I could face a substantial fine and a criminal record.

Self: "I have no TV."
    Them: "People always say that. Perhaps you've hidden it." (Slyly.)
    Self: "Well, let's take a look at the warrant then."
    Them: "We don't need a warrant."
    Self: "Oh dear, new to this, are you? Senior manager and legal adviser in your department must apply to a magistrate who may decide a search warrant is appropriate. Good luck with that. And good bye." (Closes door.)

Four years ago now, and they never came back.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/about/f...m-part-2-AB20/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    I hope you get done.
    It's unlikely, at best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    So, Reue, did you buy some television equipment (and provide your name and address) or are they just bull-******** on that front too?
    You don't actually write down your real address when you buy a tv/laptop/dvd etc?

The shop staff need to ask, but have no power to check your ID.

Luke Skywalker...

ReputationRep:
    I had a TV for the 3 years I've been at uni and never once bothered with a licence. **** em.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jez RR)
    After about a dozen threatening letters which I didn't deign to acknowledge, having informed them in writing that I had no television and no plans to purchase one, I actually had a visit from these little treasures. A weaselly-looking man and a butch female with a horizontal slash of lipstick who clearly provided the muscle. They squelched across the field in the rain up to the door, announced that they were carrying out an inspection of the premises due to my not having a valid licence, and that I could face a substantial fine and a criminal record.

Self: "I have no TV."
    Them: "People always say that. Perhaps you've hidden it." (Slyly.)
    Self: "Well, let's take a look at the warrant then."
    Them: "We don't need a warrant."
    Self: "Oh dear, new to this, are you? Senior manager and legal adviser in your department must apply to a magistrate who may decide a search warrant is appropriate. Good luck with that. And good bye." (Closes door.)

Four years ago now, and they never came back.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/about/f...m-part-2-AB20/
    You utter hero.

ReputationRep:
    Eh, live TV?? I thought it was all programmes, not just live ones... :confused:

Or am I being dumb?

ReputationRep:
    Buy a TV license.

/thread.

ReputationRep:
    I love this part:

What happens when the implied right of access relied upon by enquiry officers to visit premises is withdrawn by the occupant?

When a person withdraws the implied right of access to TV Licensing, this is honoured. A flag is placed against the address on the TV Licensing database, which prevents any further visits being scheduled.
    TV Licensing reserves the right to make periodic written enquiries in situations where an implied right of access has been withdrawn in order to ascertain whether circumstances remain the same. For example, if the person who withdrew the right of access has moved. We also reserve the right to use other forms of enquiry (e.g. detection equipment and search warrants).

ReputationRep:
    If you do own a television set, and watch television, you have to pay a tv licence.
    See, now theres the problem...

I think it is disgusting that you are not paying the licence fee. Your clearly breaking the law here. I hope you get done.
    He doesnt need a licence.

ReputationRep:
    Reue will not be defeated :shoot:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don John)
    Buy a TV license.

/thread.
    Not needed, but thanks anyway.

Thread reopened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello Laura!)
    I want to know who on earth would 'inform' the TV licensing people that someone had a TV but they suspected they did not have a license?

A nosy neighbour?

A relative?

Who would actually do that?
    I believe that when you buy a new TV, the electrical shop takes your details and sends them off... Dunno if that is always the case though, just remember it happening to my mum.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do what YDALOM :ahee: . Phrasing what I said right - I failed to manage.. I don't think it should be funded to give them treats at the end.. What did they get last series? A all expense paid holiday or something? I don't want to basically contribute to a brat receiving a holiday regardless of how comical the programme itself is.
    I fail to see how an all-expensives paid world trip can encourage anyone to become independent. The only good thing about it is it gets people to actually apply and try to stay in, which provides the viewer with some amusement.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do what YDALOM :ahee: . Phrasing what I said right - I failed to manage.. I don't think it should be funded to give them treats at the end.. What did they get last series? A all expense paid holiday or something? I don't want to basically contribute to a brat receiving a holiday regardless of how comical the programme itself is.
    I hope there's another series it was such a chuckle to watch!

ReputationRep:
    You watch tv.
    I do, on catchup services.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.