HTC Desire vs Samsung Galaxy S Watch

yoyo462001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Aisha M)
so if i buy a wildfire now, il be able to update it to froyo wen it cumz out?
Yep you will.
Aisha M
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by yoyo462001)
Yep you will.
okeydokes thanx for the info =D
master_blaster66
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
what is a froyo???
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by pakizrulez)
what is a froyo???
It's the "codename" for a software version of Android.
ADZ005
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
right I have extensively researched and studied specifications of both phones.
Good points going for the Galaxy are : Better screen, 4 times faster graphics, better battery
Good points for the Desire : More Ram, Better processor(about 5%) but it has now just received the frodo 2.2 update, which has increased processing speed by 30% and the os is a million times better

If you want a serious phone then go for the desire, If you want a toy to mess around with go with the samsung.
yoyo462001
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ADZ005)
Good points going for the Galaxy are : Better screen, 4 times faster graphics, better battery
Good points for the Desire : More Ram, Better processor(about 5%) but it has now just received the frodo 2.2 update, which has increased processing speed by 30% and the os is a million times better

If you want a serious phone then go for the desire, If you want a toy to mess around with go with the samsung.
That is incorrect. The Galaxy has a better processor and is better in almost every respect the only thing the Desire might have over the Galaxy is Sense UI.
blinkbelle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by yoyo462001)
That is incorrect. The Galaxy has a better processor and is better in almost every respect the only thing the Desire might have over the Galaxy is Sense UI.
& a flash camera...
Aisha M
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ADZ005)

what are the good points about the wildfire?
payday5950
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Aisha M)
will the HTC wildfire get the froyo(android 2.2) as well? and what dyu think of the wildfire in comparison to the desire? (good/bad points)
dont yu find the size of the desire too big(less compact)?
the wildfire is a good little phone, however it's biggest disadvantage is the screen res which is quite low. Most reviews I've read say it's decent as a phone, but seeing as the desire can be had for just a few pounds a month more in some cases it's probably not worth going for as the desire is a beast.

Idk whether it (wildfire) will get froyo but I imagine it will at some point.

Froyo is out for the desire right now for unlocked phones. Networks like to run various tests which can take a few weeks, so network branded desires should see froyo by the end of this month in most cases.

Finally, nope the HTC Desire is not too big, I'd say it's the perfect size - large enough screen to properly browse etc. but not so big it can't fit in your pocket nicely. It's very slim as well so it sits comfortable in a pair of jeans.
markuk99
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have both the htc desire and the galaxy s.

id reccomend the desire for people moving across from the iphone as its great straight out of the box and has lots of nice widgets pre installed. The galaxy s, despite being better in hardware, requires a little tinkering and setting up and customising to get the best out of it before it whups the desire's ass, and as such would reccomend it for those coming from windows mobile as they will find the minor setting up a breeze.
mprules
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by markuk99)
I have both the htc desire and the galaxy s.

id reccomend the desire for people moving across from the iphone as its great straight out of the box and has lots of nice widgets pre installed. The galaxy s, despite being better in hardware, requires a little tinkering and setting up and customising to get the best out of it before it whups the desire's ass, and as such would reccomend it for those coming from windows mobile as they will find the minor setting up a breeze.

This exactly!
bballer4life
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The Desire has android 2.2 for unlocked phones (orange users should get it by the end of this month, vodafone should get it on monday) so in terms on software the htc wins.

I ordered the Desire today
Flyer8
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Galazy S if I had to get one.

Haven't been a fun of Sammy's UI, so won't get neither, but I'm looking forward to Desire HD, and whatever Samsung has to better that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (134)
27.29%
No (357)
72.71%

Watched Threads