Turn on thread page Beta

"Bomb, bomb Iran" watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Let's do it, Call of Duty is getting boring now anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clens)
    2) Arabs / Persians. Ok, I see your point. But Muslim countries stick together, and the surrounding Arab / Islamic countries would be having none of it.
    :facepalm2:

Please don't talk about what you don't know. Have of Shia and Sunni Islam? Iran is direct conflict with the Arab world. Most Arab governments want the US to bomb Iran.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    Until Palin and Glenn Beck hijacks it..

I dont mind sarah palin , sure he pro Isreali Rhetoric and anti foriegn oil statements is abit worrying

but id rather have a President that puts america first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    :facepalm2:

Please don't talk about what you don't know. Have of Shia and Sunni Islam? Iran is direct conflict with the Arab world. Most Arab governments want the US to bomb Iran.

Only because most arab governments fear that a revolution would spread to their country and they want to maintain there Royal dictatorship , there insecure little countries and America plays on these fears

Bahrain is 60% Shia
    yemen and saudi arabia have large Shia Populations

You cant make this a sunni shia argument , as many sunni countries e.g Turkey and Syria have strong ties with Iran,
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The US will always support Israel anyway they can so this is pretty meaningless

ReputationRep:
    Possible scenario:
    Israel bombs one of Iran's nuke facilities
    Iran nukes Israel
    No Israel=good Israel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James10000)
    Only because most arab governments fear that a revolution would spread to their country and they want to maintain there Royal dictatorship , there insecure little countries and America plays on these fears

Bahrain is 60% Shia
    yemen and saudi arabia have large Shia Populations

You cant make this a sunni shia argument , as many sunni countries e.g Turkey and Syria have strong ties with Iran,
    This thread is just fail after fail :facepalm2:

Although you're correct, you missed the point of what I was saying
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Stalin)
    The Israelis cannot invade Iran as they simply do not have the wherewithal to master such a daring operation. I don't think the US has the money to invade, occupy and rebuild Iran and there's no way Obama will risk his presidency on another phoney war. Having said that, I don't think the Russians let alone the Chinese will take kindly to this.
    The Russians and the Chinese seem to be backing away from Iran as quickly as possible, Russia just blocked the sale of an anti air system and China approved those UN sanctions.

But I do agree that the US would not invade and occupy Iran. A number of US generals seem against the idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodzi)
    **** u all, even don't know what u talking about, Iran has 70 million population, how little Israel can destroy it?
    Unlike Iran, Israel actually has nukes and the capability to launch them, plus the capability to shoot down missiles.

(Original post by tanzeel)
    Possible scenario:
    Iran nukes Israel
    No Israel=good Israel
    I doubt Iran has the capability to efficiently launch nukes. Any that do get launched are likely to get shot down.

Iran launches nukes, or even regular missiles.

Israel retaliates with actual nukes.

Iranian government wiped out. Significant portion of Iranian population wiped out.

Surrounding muslim countries attack Israel

Israel retaliates with nukes, aided by American nukes.

Russia detects launch, launches its own nukes.

Global nuclear winter.

This is why Israel is so dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanzeel)
    Possible scenario:
    Iran nukes Israel
    No Israel=good Israel
    France for what it worth (3rd nuclear power in number of nuclear head) warned Iran that if it use nuclear weapon it will be erased from the face of the earth (being heavily nuked, and we are not talking about A bomb like what Iranian are building ...). And I'm sure our Diplomat were not joking, it was an official statement last year or two years ago.

I'm sure Israel, the US and probably the UK would do the same. Nuclear power is useful if not use, if you use it that's your end.

ReputationRep:
    Israel wants this war, hope Britain don't get involved like it did in Iraq under Israeli lobby pressure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.R.E)
    Let's do it, Call of Duty is getting boring now anyway.
    This is the official trailer for CoD: Israeli Warfare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    The Russians and the Chinese seem to be backing away from Iran as quickly as possible, Russia just blocked the sale of an anti air system and China approved those UN sanctions.

But I do agree that the US would not invade and occupy Iran. A number of US generals seem against the idea.
    Actually Russia is playing the Americans, new president = new American relations.

Ya we wont sell to these Iranians....meanwhile they continue building the nuclear facilities.

The Chinese got blackmailed by Hilary Clinton, sign these sactions or risk not only losing your oil from Iran but we have strong ties with the Saudis and risk losing that oil too.

I dont see why this cant quickly escalate to ww3

Israel bombs Iran, Iran retaliates, Hezbollah retaliates, Israel takes out Syria as they threatened to do so if Hezbollah attacks with their new weapons, the Yanks get screwed in Iraq by Iranians, the Russians get pissed when their scientists and engineers get blown to bits, the Chinese oil supply drops dramatically and they start taking steps to defend it and soon you got yourself WWIII

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clens)
    ----------------------

1) He said that Israel was a "Disgraceful blot which should be wiped from the face of the earth." Whether nuclear or not, Iran is a threat to Israel.

2) Arabs / Persians. Ok, I see your point. But Muslim countries stick together, and the surrounding Arab / Islamic countries would be having none of it.

3) Egypt attacked Israel, and whilst the may have a civil relationship, they are by no means allies. I was in Egypt when the Israelis were bombing the Lebanon, and they were openly collecting donations for the resistance.

4) A country does not need to have nuclear power to be a threat. Bombs and bullets still kill people pretty well.

5) Fair enough, but I believe Western governments would far prefer to deal with the Israelis that the Saudis, who are no angels themselves.
    1) Again, he never said "Israel should be wiped off the face of the earth". He spoke about Israel and said that it wasn't a viable entity in the Middle East.

2) Muslim countries stick together? Where were these muslim countries when we decimated Afghanistan and Iraq? It's not as simple as you make it out to be is it?

3) The US has thrown a lot of money at Egypt over the years which is why there's a peace agreement. Egypt is the second highest receiver of US foreign aid, you'd have to be an idiot to think for a second that it would attack Israel - a nuclear armed country - in the hope of destroying it.

4) Indeed they do, but Syria is no match for the IDF.

5) What is that supposed to mean? The West prefers to deal with whites rather than arabs? Quite possible the worst troll attempt I've seen a long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suetonius)
    Doesn't matter. Ahmadinejihad doesn't wield any real power in Iran anyway. And I think a group of apocolyptic clerics who routinely fund anti-Semitic, fundamentalist, terroristic organisations in Palestine and Lebanon can't be defended against accusations of wanting Israel "wiped off the map". The very fact that the President of Iran was accused of saying that is telling enough. Mistranslation or not, all the evidence is there that the mullahs would be all to happy were it to take place, and it's incredibly disheartening that people would make excuses on their behalf.
    I'm not a defender of the regime, however, you can't simply twist someone's words and use them for your own convenience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xCBRx)
    This is the official trailer for CoD: Israeli Warfare

HA HA HA Nice one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)

The sanctions haven't done anything to halt Iran's nuclear programme and China receives a hell of a lot of oil from Iran. Putin has also said that he would not accept an airstrike on Iran's nuclear facilities, let alone a full-scale invasion.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The sanctions haven't done anything to halt Iran's nuclear programme and China receives a hell of a lot of oil from Iran. Putin has also said that he would not accept an airstrike on Iran's nuclear facilities, let alone a full-scale invasion.
    I doubt he would do much about it if it happened though, it seems more and more likely this will end in some kind of an attack so now would be the time for Putin to start making statements about protecting Iran.

ReputationRep:
    Its enough that Russia has supplied them with all the defence and nuclear technology Iran wants, at the same time they acting as though they didnt do anything. When an attack does happen and it surprises the Israelis and American I think that will be the biggest blow

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a defender of the regime, however, you can't simply twist someone's words and use them for your own convenience.
    No one needs to twist anyone's words. Iran wants Israel out of the picture and funds terrorist groups to that end. There's not even an argument to be had.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.