More or less unknown films Watch

PrinceOfCats
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bunsher)
I've never seen a Nigerian film either and nope, they're all just random, although I watch mostly horror and so that's why there's a tad more horror than there are others.
One thousand a year to choose from.

Review of Grand Slam? (It stars Edward G Robinson... sounds good.)
member25699031
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well, it's been a while, and I've gotta go shower soon before I jam, so I'll keep it brief.

The film firstly completely satisfies my love for seventies crime films. Not only does it have that particular, un-explainable 'seventies feel' but it is also a heist-crime, which instantly makes it ten times better. The photography, whilst gritty and uncompromising, seems to capture everything poetically, the long duration of the shots and the use of long-shots really creates a wonderful atmosphere, as well as being aesthetically brilliant. It's the structure of the film that really makes this better than other heist films.

As far as story goes, it's pretty much the typical heist film. The heist goes off perfectly, but the human element seems to interfere and make it go all awry. The ending is pretty insane though, with a succession of about four twists within a five-minute time period. The heist sequence itself is what stands out, because of the use of sound (similar to Rififi in that respect - you seen that?)

If you like heist/crime films, then there's no way anyone can dislike this. I'm completely amazed at how much it's fell into obscurity, you'll feel the same when you watch it. It was definitely not low-budget, and if it was, they sure knew how to spend their money wisely. It even has an all-star cast, Klaus Kinski, Janet Leigh and Edward G. Robinson! It absolutely makes no sense how this film has disappeared completely. Watch it, man!
joy12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Candy
Festen

can't think of any other less popular movie
Murray Hewitt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Iv not encountered anyone who has seen 'Once', which is a brilliant film.
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
True Romance (not really an unknown film, but I'd never heard of it before I watched it last week despite it being written by Tarantino)
Irreversible
Anti-Christ (great film, hugely ****** up)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (301)
26.06%
Yes - they're famous (293)
25.37%
No I don't (561)
48.57%

Watched Threads