Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    you really have no idea what it takes to study film studies. i get to meet tom cruise, you will never meet him. i watch many films to be good at my degree.
    You're quite clearly trolling - either that, or you're yet another prime example of why Uni should not be available to everybody who can put together a UCAS app.

1. Your grammar/spelling is horrendous. No really - my nephews write better than that and they're not even 10 yet.

2. You somehow believe meeting Tom Cruise is worth more than having a good degree.

3. Everyone watches many films - most of us could probably do the degree in our spare time. Let's hope you're not required to write essays.

As for your friend - no, as your friend, she probably should not have been so brutally honest...but she was being honest.

ReputationRep:
    I think people here are being harsh on the OP with regard to criticising her spelling in the opening post. I mean, who cares about spelling in an anonymous internet post?
    I reguarly make small typing errors here on tsr and dont change the errors (unless they make the word beyond understandable) Just because I cant be be bothered changing it, though if it was a letter to David Cameron then id care about the spelling.

Id like to think it has no reflection on my actual ability to spell!

By the same principle, i dont bother to properly punctuate text msgs

Edit: upon re-reading the opening post, i see where you guys come from.....what ive written above isnt entirely true....there are grammar errors as well as spelling..... Although you could give the benefit of the doubt and assume English may not be the OPs first language

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wardy23)
    who's

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Your friend is right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    you really have no idea what it takes to study film studies. i get to meet tom cruise, you will never meet him. i watch many films to be good at my degree.
    This is the point at which I knew for sure you're trolling.

ReputationRep:
    film studies is nonsense. which is why real universities like oxford do not offer it as a subject.
    but nonsense ... can be interesting. a bit of light amusement does no harm.

ReputationRep:
    I call troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sex Panther)
    :facepalm:
    Damn you possessive pronouns!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wardy23)
    Damn you possessive pronouns!
    It's late, I forgive you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    **** that. I have a calculator.
    Best troll in this thread, this morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sex Panther)
    It's late, I forgive you
    In an internet-first someone is forgiven for a grammatical error on a forum.

Why thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    However, if you're both going to the same university (I presume an ex-poly), well, that's a different issue...
    What's wrong with ex-polys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, OP. Your frankly pathetic attempt at trolling has brought out opinions of utter cows like im so academic who barely know the value of dedication to a subject.
    My brother sees the ex-poly route as the only way through uni, and here is TSR ripping into him.

I'm doing a degree because I enjoy it. Not because I want to do something I hate purely to put my head up an employer's arse.

ReputationRep:

I for one believe experience and contacts matter a lot more than a degree. :yep:
    So you have no contacts or experience, what do you do?

(Original post by TheSownRose)
    Is isn't exactly Oxbridge, is it?

ReputationRep:
    If degrees like film studies and media studies are so completely unrespectable in society, you'd wonder:

* why people want to do them
    * why unis still offer these subjects

A certain individual who is 60 years old told me these types of subjects were created/promoted/popularised by the gov/universities in order to get more people to go to uni (ie targeting people who arent capable of doing a traditional degree subject) so that gov figures go up eg tony blair or someone once set a taget of 50% of school leavers to go to uni-this figure would be unacheivable if mickey mouse/soft degrees hadnt been made available or promoted

ReputationRep:
    Is isn't exactly Oxbridge, is it?
    Well no, but then again only two unis are exactly Oxbridge.

What's wrong with ex-polys specifically?

(Original post by Wozzie)
    Well that doesn't matter for me anyways tbh. I'm not seeking for a graduate scheme, so, I don't need to answer that question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wozzie)
    Spend three years studying something that will be of zero use?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.