What's it like to have a brother or sister? Watch

Arturo Bandini
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My childhood would have been about 10000 times less fun without my brothers.

And my adulthood probably would too.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Alvrae)
Dnt worry boss there'l always be a midgit to sum1! be sides you can get pills to make you grow nowdays! ask your doctor about Dwarfism!

to be PC you have to say there Verticly challenged!
:lolwut: I'm 5'5", I don't think I need to be any taller, thanks, :lol:
cz100
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was an only child for 13 year until my brother came along. He can be very annoying at times but I wouldn't swap him for anything
Jsmalley1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Feel free to take mine if you would like?

I have two younger brothers, yep, thats right.
tinkxxx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It has it's positive and negative points.

My sister and I are oldest and youngest (I'm the youngest) so growing up she always mothered me and we got on great. While my brother and I are closer in age and we played a lot together as kids, I think the boy/girl thing caused a few clashes and we were literally killing each other at times.

As I've got older it's reversed. We've all been through personal hardships, as well as family hardships which brings you closer together, and from the age of about 13 my brother has been my best friend. It killed me when he moved to France for the year, and now that I'm going away to uni and he's going back to France, while we're both excited, he's the person I'll miss the most.

My sister and I went to the same primary school, same grammar school and went to dance classes together so did everything together, and after a while we got on each others nerves :p: we're alike in some bad ways too- both stubborn, sharp tongues etc. When she moved away we definitely got closer though so we get on pretty well now
dreamer_x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
its sh it
Alvrae
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
:lolwut: I'm 5'5", I don't think I need to be any taller, thanks, :lol:
thats not that small i spose. im 6"4
Casshern1456
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm an only child and it sucks tbh cause sometimes i feel lonly and have noone to speak to like a close friend. Would much rather my mother had another boy or girl.
kratos90
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
I've always wondered, what with being an only child

Do enlighten me
I'm an only child too. I feel you're pain.
NothingOriginal...
Report 8 years ago
Someone to argue with
Someone to get on well and do stuff with
Someone to wind up
Someone who winds you up
Someone to stir up trouble with the parents
Someone to stick together with when the parents are in a bad mood

... and so on...
Einheri
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have a sister who is 18 months younger than me. I wish I didn't.
Cesare Borgia
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Gemma :)!)
Eventually he came to me and apologised for the way he used to wind me up, saying he now understood how it felt.
Has he come out yet?
Linweth
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x)
your more than welcome to have mine try it out... infact keep her...
shes 7 years younger than me, and were complete opposites, from what we eat, personality, things we like to do, what we wear....

she can wind me up without saying anything, she breathes heavy, and eats loudly, has a habbit of standing in the centre of the room, infront of the tv... or standing over peoples shoulders rreally annoying!

shes loud, im quiet, i like to read, i question whether shes ever finished a book shes started...
she's all girly, likes pink, does the girly teenage obsession thing with films and stuff.. like high school musical.... i never ever did that...

when i was 6 and my mum and dad did the whole telling me i was going to have a little brother and sister thing... i said i didnt want one... lol
7 years between us is too much for us to be close n stuff
x
That's ********. I'm 11 years older than my brother and I'm closer to him than my sisters who are much closer to my age.
Antifazian
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't always get on with my sister as she's 2 years younger than me and can be very immature at times, but it's always great to have someone to talk to, ***** about the parents with, go places with, borrow stuff from, pay to do your chores for you...:p:
Onyx.
Report 8 years ago
I've been an only child on my Mum's side ever since I was born. I remember a year or so ago when my little sister (six at the time) came to stay. I ******* hated it. At the time I thought it was great but in retrospect, being an only child is like a blessing to me. I can sleep in and have nobody bother me, use the bathroom when I want to and watch whatever TV I want to watch.

However, it's not so bad when my brother or my two cousins come to stay. I like their company, and it could be because they're older or because they're boys...I'm not sure :erm:

Strangely, being an only child worked for me and it could be because I like being alone most of the time but it isn't something I would want for my children if I had any.
LizB
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My brother is ten years older and he's closer to my age than all my cousins so it's almost like being an only child at times. When I was little he used to make things up and try and get me to believe them. I still can't tell when he's lieing so have to ask my mum what's true and then if she joins in I'm DOOMED. In return I terrorised him slightly. We just take the mick all the time these days. We can't be in a room together without one of us making a joke. I tease him that I'm almost the same height as me now and he's getting old and he threatens to tape my hands together like he did when I was little once.

He's a bit of a wimp about some things and can get snappy but he's better than he was when he was a teenager. Overall, we don't have a close relationship but he's my brother. Kind of forced to put up with him :P and we do care about eachother, in our own mocking way.
Eclectic Styles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
I find it kinda funny that my parents managed to have five girls and no boys at all, haha, so I have no idea what it's like to have a brother, really. But it's all good :yep:
Universal folklore dictates that your dad is not a real man, since he couldn't produce a boy with you mum. Oh dear.

I'm not joking here, them's the breaks...:erm:
dancingshoes10
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well, all my life my younger brother has been a complete pain in the arse. But my life wouldn't have been as great without him. Now he's older he cracks me up because he's just completely mental. No one makes me laugh more than him. He's the one that produces the 'banter' in our family.

edit: He's 3 years younger than me incase you were wondering! Although sometimes I forget this and think he is the same age..
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Eclectic Styles)
Universal folklore dictates that your dad is not a real man, since he couldn't produce a boy with you mum. Oh dear.

I'm not joking here, them's the breaks...:erm:
:laugh: Could be :holmes:
beckyl92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i can't stand my little sister... i get along with my 2 brothers though most of the time.
basicially, you're never on your own and you have good times and bad times.
i could never get drunk with them e.g.
it'd seem weird hanging around with them outside of our home.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (115)
72.78%
No (43)
27.22%

Watched Threads