Taking a treadmill to uni? Watch

xblueprints
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I don't get why it's so strange...but ok I'll think about taking it after freshers. What about my weight tree? it's only got three sets on it. I don't mind joining the gym but I already own everything I use so it seems silly to pay out for something I already have...
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by xblueprints)
I don't get why it's so strange...but ok I'll think about taking it after freshers. What about my weight tree? it's only got three sets on it. I don't mind joining the gym but I already own everything I use so it seems silly to pay out for something I already have...
Because most people don't have rooms big enough for a socking great treadmill? (student rooms are generally pretty small) Because most 18 year olds can't afford to fork out for a big piece of equipment? Because, actually, 18 year olds who care enough to even go to the gym are comparatively rare (compared to 19/20 year olds?)
vander Beth
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wait, I want to know how big you think your room is going to be. :rofl2:
beckyl92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i was thinking of bringing my exercise bike...
xblueprints
Rep:
?
My treadmill is not "socking great", it's very small. I wouldn't take a big one.

And well it's not my fault if I care about my fitness and weight...it seems more stupid to me to PAY for a gym when I've already got sufficient gym equipment.
HARRY PUTAH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm just wondering if it's worth taking my own treadmill to uni? I don't want to leave it at home and it's only small, would it fit in a standard uni room?

Think about it, you come to your halls of residence/house, you are amongst a lot of other yougnsters lugging around big suitcases/randomc rap and theres you with your treadmill in one hand (daddys hand) and your suitcase in another.

They all STARE at you.

What do you do now?

1: Hope the world swallows you up
2: Go home
3: Say " **** yeah *****es I've brought a drinks conveyor for the bar"

2 will get you lampooned, there is a hidden pot of gold in the other.
xblueprints
Rep:
?
(Original post by beckyl92)
i was thinking of bringing my exercise bike...

Thank you! If you already have it and it's BEEN paid for why the hell would you waste your student loan paying to use a gym one? it makes no economical sense to me at all.
maskofsanity
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My treadmill is not "socking great", it's very small. I wouldn't take a big one.

And well it's not my fault if I care about my fitness and weight...it seems more stupid to me to PAY for a gym when I've already got sufficient gym equipment.
You don't need a treadmill or gym to keep fit! :rofl:

Have you never run outside before? Cycled outside before?
xblueprints
Rep:
?
I don't have a bike, I drive everywhere so there's not really any point...I don't like running outside because normally I'd have to plan a route, I find it easier to just run on my treadmill and see my distance and calorie burn on the display
Arturo Bandini
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't have a bike, I drive everywhere so there's not really any point...I don't like running outside because normally I'd have to plan a route, I find it easier to just run on my treadmill and see my distance and calorie burn on the display
Seriously, how much floor space are you expecting? Have you seen the room you're going to be staying in? Halls are tiny, even with a small treadmill, if it even fits, it's gonna mean you have to climb over it to get from your bed to your desk or door.
Ishbel
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What are the dimensions of your treadmill?
beckyl92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thank you! If you already have it and it's BEEN paid for why the hell would you waste your student loan paying to use a gym one? it makes no economical sense to me at all.
thats exactly what i was thinking. when i go gym i only do cardio anyways!
xblueprints
Rep:
?
I don't know but it's really small, I think it can be folded up
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:rofl2: This thread is amazing. OP just take it with you as you clearly aren't listening to anyone in this thread and seem to be accepting the mockery. This has to be a wum though
blinkbelle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It won't fit, & like everyone else said you'll seem stupid. xx
Ishbel
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm only guessing, but I think people are totally right with the first impressions thing. Lots of people probably would think of you as that girl who had a treadmill if they saw you lugging it in, then again if it was folded up and not recognisable it'd hardly matter, or it could maybe be a conversation starter.

Assuming you had enough floor space, which you might well not, if you could fold it up under your bed or something, it probably wouldn't be too much of an issue space-wise if you only had it out while using it, BUT it could still be really loud and annoy people. Also, going to the gym could be more sociable and help with making friends, which might make it worth paying for?
sasha grey
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
imagine living underneath someone with a treadmill... yeah i'd probably avoid you if i saw you taking a treadmill into your room.
History-Student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Take the weights, they're small, quiet and won't make people think you're a douche with more money than sense who brought a treadmill/will break in and wreck it when the ******* noise starts to get on their nerves.
Vexper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
LOL no.
Dystopian91
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (161)
18.48%
No (529)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (181)
20.78%

Watched Threads