Turn on thread page Beta

Drinking Problem watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sommerfugl)
    Well if you get into the army you kinda have to give up on the drinking no ?
    Yes, as I said, I don't even NEED to drink. I play through it all in my mind (the hangover, the health issues, the fact I don't need to drink), I consciously choose to drink, the fact I drink to loose that control is actually (introspectively) the issue.

If I'm put in a situation where I can't drink or It would be stupid to drink (ie. work in the morning), I won't drink. I am not dependent, I know It seems that, but I'm not. Since "starting" i've gone through months without a drink or issue. I can stop now, I can stop tomorrow. I just binge, periodically to escape the cycle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dystopian91)
    Yes, as I said, I don't even NEED to drink. I play through it all in my mind (the hangover, the health issues, the fact I don't need to drink), I consciously choose to drink, the fact I drink to loose that control is actually (introspectively) the issue.

If I'm put in a situation where I can't drink or It would be stupid to drink, I won't drink. I am not dependent, I know It seems that, but I'm not. Since "starting" i've gone through months without a drink and issue. I can stop now, I can stop tomorrow. I just binge, periodically to escape the cycle.
    Well, then it seems like the answer is to get started with something that makes it hard for you to drink that much without affecting it. So you will have to choose not to drink.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.