The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
beach shop for all the fat kids that keep coming back for more ice-cream

still i get paid to feed them
Reply 41
Campsa
Teaching young kids some maths and english.

saame... it's not kumon, is it?
working in a hospital.
it is hard work, but i need money, as im applying to UK unis for 2011. :frown:
Reply 43
Tutoring chemistry and Biology, and a weekend job on a shop
Reply 44
conway!
saame... it's not kumon, is it?

:s-smilie:
Writing 3 articles a week for a local magazine. Get £150pw/£600pcm for it, so it's worth the hard work!
Reply 46
Matched betting! Only spend a few minutes everday doing it and made £800 in 3 weeks.
I wanted to have saved up much more by now before uni, but my job doesn't pay much tbh - so the job's just keeping me busy occasionally more than anything else. I've been earning even less for this month and the next, because we're on a summer rota so hours have been spread out (I thought I was going to be working 5 days a week throughout the summer at first). In a way, though, I'm kind of glad I'm not... would be a bit of a waste of my summer. I've saved up a little bit but not nearly enough, but I've still got the opportunity to go away for a few days in early September and I'm going to use this month's wages on that.
Reply 48
_Andrew_
Tutoring chemistry and Biology, and a weekend job on a shop

Who do you tutor during summer? I usually earn some extra money by tutoring but that's just impossible around here during summer.

How much do you ask for per hour?
Reply 49
phen
Who do you tutor during summer? I usually earn some extra money by tutoring but that's just impossible around here during summer.

How much do you ask for per hour?

I work for a tutoring agency; the students I tutor are those which have finished AS levels, and their families are keen for them to get a 'head-start' with A2. I also tutor two people that missed their A2 exams - for various personal reasons - in the summer. I earn £15 per hour
The only job i've found is half a day once a week.. :emo:

But hey, something is definitely better than nothing!!
morrisajm
any one got any genius ways to make money online could do with one of them!? :smile:

Surveys - try lightspeed or toluna
Reply 52
Working at a restaurant and some catering thing.
my weekend is just spent working but at the catering company, i can easily get £100 for two days :smile:
i shall be auctioning off my stuff in eBay soon too!
i find that it is easier to find jobs in restaurants than in shops?
i don't know if it is just my area but there are more jobs associated with waiting etc.

i literally flicked through the yellow pages, phoned every pub/restaurant and asked if they had a vacancy.
Campsa
Teaching young kids some maths and english.

I'd like to do that, how did you get into it??
Reply 54
_Andrew_
I work for a tutoring agency; the students I tutor are those which have finished AS levels, and their families are keen for them to get a 'head-start' with A2. I also tutor two people that missed their A2 exams - for various personal reasons - in the summer. I earn £15 per hour

Nice. I asked 5 euros per hour over the past year since I only tutored friends and only on my own level (so it was useful as revision for myself too), but I guess I'll be earning considerably more when I work for a tutoring agency (which I intend to do starting next year at uni).
Reply 55
I played in The Wizard Of Oz for a school production at the start of summer, I'm accompanying a choir for 6 weeks at £20 a week (2 hours) from the middle of August and I did a wedding the other day which was about £80 for 30 minutes playing :biggrin:
I'm going to Italy to teach English for a 7 weeks, setting off in an hour and a half :biggrin:
Lulabell1
beach shop for all the fat kids that keep coming back for more ice-cream

still i get paid to feed them

Thought I'd illustrate your post

Reply 58
ebaying all my posessions, apart from my bikes :smile:
just traded in an xbox :frown:
also, i take a 6 pack of cokes into work each day and sell 5 of em for £1 each, so i make £3 profit, a coke, and that means free lunch :smile: every little helps
Job x2
1st one care assistant
2nd one reception work/get paid to be on the internet like now

Latest

Trending

Trending