Turn on thread page Beta

favourite places to eat in central london? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know this isn't that central but try Franco Manca in Brixton.

(Original post by Zebrastripes)
    What do you mean never notices? I always have to queue for about 30-40 minutes! I love Misato though, went there Monday night nyum nyum! :woo:
    It's because a lot of people I've talk to who frequent Soho have never actually been inside. I count myself lucky because I've never really had to endure a massive queue, whilst on somedays when I walk past it I can see the queue going out into the street.

It sure is a great place to eat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jellybeanjen)
    Hmm... For British food, I'd go for Porters in Covent Garden, Mother Mash on Carnaby Street, S&M (sausage & mash) Cafe at the O2 Arena, or Riverfront Bar & Kitchen at the BFI Southbank.

Otherwise, Wahaca (Covent Garden or Westfield) for Mexican, Mango Tree (Victoria) or Busaba Eathai (Wardour Street) for Thai, Le Pont de La Tour (Tower Bridge) or The Swan at The Globe (Bankside) for yummy food and a nice setting, and The Yard (Shoreditch) for Italian.
    :love:

I do like your choices! Huge overlap with mine :yep:

On top of her list, I quite like La Caricatura for pizza, ThaiThai (Old Street), Bea's of Bloomsbury (Theobald's Road, Bloomsbury) for cakes/light lunches... however the list above is fantastic

I'll put more up when I remember...

ReputationRep:
    Planet Hollywood :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I adore Wasabi, whether you want something hot or just a box of sushi. Om nom nom.

Also, Tokyo Diner on the edge of China Town is DEFINITELY worth a visit. It's won so many awards, and you can get a decent meal for about a tenner. I go there every time I'm in London and have converted most people that I know!

ReputationRep:
    Pizza Express!

ReputationRep:
    Okay I realise this post won't actually be much use. But in Portobello Market there is an amazing Moroccan (? maybe similar cuisine) fish and seafood stall. Seats are rubbish but the food is amazing - loads of choice of fish served with calamari, salad, chips, bread, homemade tomato soupy sauce. And all for £6. Next time I go I'll make a note of its actual location and hopefully I'll be more useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nakki)
    thanks!
    how about some british food?
    and also why do you guys put picture of a vomiting face but sound like you like it?
    :coma:? It's a drooly face :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Busaba - thai food
    Archipelago - zebra, ostrich, wildebeast, kangaroo (expensive but gooddd)
    In fact anywhere on Charlotte street (esp the pink Indian fish restaurant).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplefrog)
    :love:

I do like your choices! Huge overlap with mine :yep:

On top of her list, I quite like La Caricatura for pizza, ThaiThai (Old Street), Bea's of Bloomsbury (Theobald's Road, Bloomsbury) for cakes/light lunches... however the list above is fantastic

I'll put more up when I remember...
    I went to Caricatura as I was passing once and LOVED it but havent been able to find it again. Thanks so much!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.