Turn on thread page Beta

Florida Church plans "Burn a Qu'ran" day on 9/11/2010 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantom_X)

Quite frankly this is disgusting. I understand that people may not agree with Islam, but that dosent mean bigotry, intolerance or hostility needs to occur. They complain that muslim societies are unaccepting, backward and do not value human rights, yet they contradict this in their planned actions.

At least in Britain we know what is right and wrong. It seems that such Americans are even more backward than the islamic fundamentalists.
    This. So much for Muslims always being the bad guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantom_X)
    You can't be serious.

Yeah, perhaps in Iran but in the UK, the vast majority of muslims dont cause any problems. In fact, most are working professionals, and the minority of Muslim extremists tend to be real life trolls and are given too much press time by the likes of the Tabloids. Even then, most of the protest isnt against christianity, but rather the war in Afghanistan.

This is a christian institution actively attacking muslims. It is a religious war that illustrates intolerance and ignorance. It has nothing to do with political correctness, not being able to sing baa baa black sheep (which isnt and never actually was banned) etc. Hence why i said that your issues with immigration and PC are not relevant in this thread, mainly because the story is in America.

Oh I see you go to Manchester Met. No wonder you are rambling and not understanding the context of the thread. Have a read through again and then try to contribute. kthnxbai
    Whats wrong with MMU you goon your a snob stuck up your own arse guarenteed you didn't have a decent childhood.. pathetic sad little man keyboard warrior haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Splodger)
    Nope, Too many "Do gooders" in this country reason why I admire the Americans and their 'Don't give a **** attitude' shame we are not like this.
    Do you think if we have more fervent Christians (or extreme you could say) in this country, we’d be “standing up” to islam??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smellysocks)
    11/9/2010
    stupid americans - don't know how to put the date in the correct format. it's 11/9 not 9/11 you imbeciles!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathew551)
    So if religion didn't exist, what guise would they use then?
    nationalism, racism, sexism... you can place any ism you want in its place... it is human nature to want to feel superior to another group... and most would use any excuse to gain this feeling...

This sentiment by this church is misguided to say the least, but many non-religious Americans and British feel the exact same way...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elephant.)
    You don't see anything wrong with inciting racial hatred?
    Oh, I do. But to say this is racial hatred is another matter.

(Original post by Karl-fresher2be)
    Whats wrong with MMU you goon your a snob stuck up your own arse guarenteed you didn't have a decent childhood.. pathetic sad little man keyboard warrior haha
    I imagine you with the voice of Adam West from Family Guy and suddenly everything you say makes more sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karl-fresher2be)
    What's wrong with MMU you goon, you're a snob, stuck up your own arse, guarenteed(Guaranteed) you didn't have a decent childhood.. Pathetic sad little man, keyboard warrior haha
    I corrected your post for you.

I see you still havent answered my question, or are you still learning the basics of reading ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smellysocks)
    11/9/2010
    Win.

ReputationRep:
    that is awful, think of all the co2 it will release into the atmosphere!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunty64)
    Do you think if we have more fervent Christians (or extreme you could say) in this country, we’d be “standing up” to islam??
    I suppose you could say it would be standing up to Islam, But because goverment seem to find "Islam" a touchy topic along with the public it wouldn't work as if people would be scared of being branded racists if they were to question it's existence in a western country.

ReputationRep:
    They are free to do this, just as I am free to burn the Bible or any of the Harry Potter books. Freedom of expression and all.

ReputationRep:
    Oh Lawdy Lawdy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    stupid americans - don't know how to put the date in the correct format. it's 11/9 not 9/11 you imbeciles!
    No - the Americans have a different date system in which the month and day are switched. Stupid I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Folderol)
    Oh, I do. But to say this is racial hatred is another matter.
    Sorry, I meant religious hatred. When is inciting religious hatred, in your eyes, too much, if ever?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    that is awful, think of all the co2 it will release into the atmosphere!
    Repped

I'd join in, although I'd add a Bible and a Torah as well. Always wanted to try molotov cocktails... and what better target than a few piles of inane babble?

ReputationRep:
    As long as they don't steal the Qurans, I really don't see a problem with this. Is it disrespectful? Yes but that isnt a reason to stop it. I would equally support the right of people to burn Bibles and Torahs or British or American flags.
    Can I burn you?

Spoiler:
    Show
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z_Ahmed)
    Lol, they're just asking to be burnt alive in their church.
    Filthy extremist. You're as bad as them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathew551)
    Pretty much proves that some of these religions are destructive.
    Where does it command people in the bible to burn books?

ReputationRep:
    As long as they don't steal the Qurans, I really don't see a problem with this. Is it disrespectful? Yes but that isnt a reason to stop it. I would equally support the right of people to burn Bibles and Torahs or British or American flags.
    This is not right. Irregardless of anybody's belief, nationality, ethnic origin (and etc), people should still be respected. Respecting others is the only way to gain peace.

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.