Can someone help explain why Lemaitre and Chambers have such different builds? Watch

Genesis Theory
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Scipio)
I would think that the fact that they're all juiced up negates the 'black advantage' in muscle gains. Were it a comparison of natural bodybuilders, i'm sure black people would win.
the guys i've posted are natural
Hugh-Jackman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
LOL at Shawn Crawford being natural, he's as dirty as they come. The only thing that saved him from being banned is that he had bunyons(sp) when Gatlin got caught so was off the juice, he then left his dirty coach and never reached the levels of his drugged upself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Graham

click on Duane Ross and Marcus Brunson was known as dirty on the circuit. So every male he trained happened to take drugs accept Crawford..........right.

I wouldn't say blacks gain muscle easier than whites, I'd say they naturally have lower bodyfat making them look more muscular and they have narrow waists that give them a better V-taper

this guy looks more muscular because of narrow waist

but this guy is much bigger

all bodybuilding is, is illusions of making yourself look bigger, hence why they cut to silly levels.
Hugh-Jackman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Lemaitre is a big talent as well, you say well 9.98 isn't that fast these days, but what 20 year old black sprinters have ran that? and only just gone 20. It's not like he's some russian muscle bound mutant freak either, he has so much improvement to do, he is like the white Usain Bolt, he won't be as quick as Bolt, but in another era he would champion material. He still could be, only takes Bolt to pick up an injury and him to keep improving and he could become world/olympic champion.
BencherBoy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
muscle mass or build isnt the only factor in running 100 metres , there are loads of elements fibre % , central nervous efficency , mental blah balh , a perfect 100m runner wud be 5.9-6feet meso big , powerful ,black ( i keed) back in the day , up until bolt anyone 6.5 who wanted too break 200m wr wud be laughed at due too the long legs on normal person being being a hinderance too the fast starts and turning at fast speeds in the corners amongst other things , cns efficency is generally the reason behind these plibs like the french dood. with some decent mass added he cud go places.
Hugh-Jackman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yeah tbh body shape and that does make a difference, power to weight ratio is what counts not muscle.....but by far the most important thing is having a ridiculously high % of fast twitch fibres.
Hugh-Jackman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
the crazy cracker done it again....needs to get powerful now in preperation for next season.
Idiot-Finder
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Genesis Theory)
Er, yes it has

Ronnie Coleman x8
Chris Dickerson x1
Sergio Oliva x3
Lee Haney x8
Dexter Jackson x1

compared to

Arnold x7
Larry Scott x2
Dorian Yates x6
Frank Zane x2
Jay Cutler x3

20 to 21, the difference isnt big but there have still been more. When looking at the differences in population it makes sense.
That difference is no where near enough for any kind of statistical analysis.

Why are the deadlift, squat and bench press WR holders all white? It is the power not looks which matters in sprinting.
Genesis Theory
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Idiot-Finder)
That difference is no where near enough for any kind of statistical analysis.

Why are the deadlift, squat and bench press WR holders all white? It is the power not looks which matters in sprinting.
Well looking at the population differences it makes sense. Besides as I mentioned earlier muscle building potential and strength are two different things. Both statistically and anecdotally, blacks are said to have higher testosterone levels and when looking at my peers I have a far greater physique even though our strength levels are comparable. There are alot of white guys who would tell you this.
Idiot-Finder
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well looking at the population differences it makes sense. Besides as I mentioned earlier muscle building potential and strength are two different things. Both statistically and anecdotally, blacks are said to have higher testosterone levels and when looking at my peers I have a far greater physique even though our strength levels are comparable. There are alot of white guys who would tell you this.
Hang on hang on.

Sprinters do not want to develop muscle mass they want power and strength. Something which generally, white people have held the records for in the sense of weightlifting which is very power based.

They don't give a **** how the look, so you seem to have brought nothing to the topic.
yodude888
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Chambers' advantage is off the blocks, with raw and explosive power, but his weight and low stride length means he suffers past the 40m mark.

LeMaitre isn't as powerful and won't accelerate as quickly, but can maintain the acceleration over a longer distance as he's a much lighter frame and has much longer strides so will be more likely to only take the lead in the second half of the race. LeMaitre would therefore be a seemingly better candidate for 200m than Chambers.

So basically both have figures which will point towards performance peaks at different points in the race.
source: documentary on Bolt, with Michael Johnson as the main speaker
Genesis Theory
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hang on hang on.

Sprinters do not want to develop muscle mass they want power and strength. Something which generally, white people have held the records for in the sense of weightlifting which is very power based.

They don't give a **** how the look, so you seem to have brought nothing to the topic.
Why the hell was my last response deleted, the poster I am responding to is clearly too inept to follow an argument. I was saying that blacks had a higher propensity to build muscle mass hence lemaitre appearing less physically impressive. This has little to do with their respective abilities, in the same way china's 110m hurdles gold medallist posts faster times than colin jackson but doesnt look anywhere near as muscular as jackson did in his prime.
Idiot-Finder
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why the hell was my last response deleted, the poster I am responding to is clearly too inept to follow an argument. I was saying that blacks had a higher propensity to build muscle mass hence lemaitre appearing less physically impressive. This has little to do with their respective abilities, in the same way china's 110m hurdles gold medallist posts faster times than colin jackson but doesnt look anywhere near as muscular as jackson did in his prime.
Please provide a medical study to show that black people can buld more muscle mass.
Genesis Theory
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Please provide a medical study to show that black people can buld more muscle mass.
blacks have higher testosterone levels which are intrinsically linked with greater ability to build muscle mass. Should not need to find you those studies
Idiot-Finder
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
blacks have higher testosterone levels which are intrinsically linked with greater ability to build muscle mass. Should not need to find you those studies
Incorrect.

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/92/7/2519

Genesis Theory
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Incorrect.

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/92/7/2519

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3455741
Hugh-Jackman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
chambers isn't heavy if he stood on the scales you'd all be shocked at how light he is, colin jackson is a twig....blacks generally look better for the reasons I said which were naturally low body fat, narrow hips giving the illusion that their shoulders are wider, dark skinned looks more ripped hence bodybuilders using fake tan...tbh I do think blacks have more receptors in their shoulders than other races which also exaggerates the v-shape more.

the only big sprinters are david oliver and harry aikenes.....asafa is pretty big and bolts got a big frame but not much mass
BencherBoy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
dood thats a huge statement too make , west and parts of east africa wud disagree with u , i mean look at who dominates the long distance races.

whilst i might agree with you in certain instances or places in the world e.g. nigeria / jamiaca were a large number of powerful athletes come from , i beleive this is due too their largley protein and red meat based diets along with their genetic ancestory of needing too be powerful for hunting and dance , ethopians on the other hand needed too walk long distances for water and being known as travellars. slavery also left its mark , but thats another story.

Also the "study" u gave was based on students at 1 college in usa surley that dosnt justifiy ur statement.
Hugh-Jackman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
the threads about sprinting so he obviously means west africans......also the africans used as slaves so the ones hes talking about.

pointless bringing up east africans in this discussion
B1G CUP \_/
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
chambers isn't heavy if he stood on the scales you'd all be shocked at how light he is, colin jackson is a twig....blacks generally look better for the reasons I said which were naturally low body fat, narrow hips giving the illusion that their shoulders are wider, dark skinned looks more ripped hence bodybuilders using fake tan...tbh I do think blacks have more receptors in their shoulders than other races which also exaggerates the v-shape more.

the only big sprinters are david oliver and harry aikenes.....asafa is pretty big and bolts got a big frame but not much mass
Even the ones you mentioned are pretty light. I mean Harry Aikenes is like 82kg? I reckon if a white person was to loook like that, they would be 100+ kg.
Hugh-Jackman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yeah HAA frame isn't big and his not tall hes just muscular.....david oliver has got a wide clavical and big shoulders but the stereotypical narrow waist and twiggy legs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (71)
30.34%
No - I got the required grades (132)
56.41%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (31)
13.25%

Watched Threads