Turn on thread page Beta

Why must men suck so much... watch

Well honestly I wasn't expecting too many reasonable answers on this forum, but at least I got some. I'm in no way needy as he was the person who usually got upset when I didn't answer texts or something. But then again none of you know either of us so that's that. Also, the fact that I so easily gave him time off, which he never did for me when he was oh so in love, shows that I'm neither clingy, or anything of that sort. Oh and yeah, he always started raging at me when I ended up chatting to a friend I was sitting next to when he was on skype. Did I hear needy? Hm...

I am totally loving how the guys all assume I'm some clingy ***** of an ex instead of genuinely confuzzled.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not a needy person, I just invested a lot in this relationship, and the simple fact that he had been so seemingly in love just a few weeks before is what gets to me. Also, the fact that I haven't gone constantly calling or texting him means that I am in no way or shape going to become a 'stalker'... I've had relationships before, and he hasn't, so yeah maybe he does want a chance to go out and be with other women, and yeah, people do change. But in a few weeks? It was just ******* shocking really.
    I've been through this but been the one falling out of love.

We had lived together for a year, I was really happy with the relationship and had even mentioned wanting to get married after uni (and genuinely meant every word). Towards the end there was a period of a few months before we broke up where the relationship was pretty bad but I was still convinced I loved her and that we would be able to sort things out.

Then almost over night it hit me that neither of us was happy and I needed to grow up and face up to the reality of the situation. After that something clicked and I just didn't feel anything for her at all. It was like I had woken up from a dream or something.

You seem upset by the fact that he loved you one minute but not the next. You seem to think that's impossible - but the truth is, that's exactly how it happens. You reach a tipping point after which you know its over and all the feelings disappear.

Maybe you can take something from the fact that just because it ended so abruptly it doesn't mean that he wasn't being completely sincere when he said he loved you/was going to propose etc. You shouldn't ruin good memories like that because once youre over this in a few months-a years time you can look back on it fondly as a very happy part of your life that you learnt a lot from.

ReputationRep:
    http://eslprograms.vcc.ca/ESLWEB/sweeping.gif..... you know the rest. Just move on OP.

ReputationRep:
    One guy breaking up with you doesn't equate to all men sucking.

Besides you say he's a 'bad boy' which is basically just another way of saying he drinks heavily / womanises / does drugs / steals - of which point, what can you expect for dating an ******* of society?

It's a learning curve. Maybe you should choose your boyfriends better.

ReputationRep:
    I hate how girls seem to need constant contact and reassurance, ie. if you don't reply to a couple of texts they think the relationship's in trouble. Sounds to me like he just wanted space so told you to **** off

Edit: after reading your posts you may as well ignore this :lol:

ReputationRep:
    never try to understand how men think.

BUT
    it sounds like he got some

ReputationRep:
    Women do it too (one minute it's "I love you, you complete me, etc", the next it's "We need to talk, it's not working out, blah blah blah, oh and there's someone else too, k?", so y'know...

Besides, I thought it was generally women that sucked. :sexface:

Oh and for the record, I thought the title of the post would make more people read it. I absolutely don't think most men suck, in fact most of my friends are male.
    You SCHLAAAAAAAG.

Seriously though, sexual relationship? You aren't even married...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH)
    tl;dr

But you're sexist and should be ashamed.

Get back in the kitchen.
    ^^^

ReputationRep:
    I know what its like having to move on from a "first love" its painful, especially if you don't see it coming but I guess you're going to have to respect his wishes. If he refuses to give you an answer then don't persue, sometimes hearing the truth isn't what we need. The more you wonder "why" the more its going to affect you and the longer it will take to move on. Just try to accept the fact that it didn't work out and its neither of your fault. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Long post...

So basically I've been dumped by what I believed to be the 'love of my life'. We dated for 2 and a half years, and were practically inseparable. Everyone told us we were meant for each other and bla bla. He was kind of a bad boy, and everyone were extremely surprised when they found out he was in love with me as they thought he was possibly incapable of love or any kind of relationship.

I had never seen that side of him though, our relationship was long-distance, but we visited each other very often. There wasn't an hour we didn't speak over text or skype or whatever. Eventually, his friends told me that they had never seen him so happy/in love/friendly before and our relationship did amazing things for both of us as people.

Anyways, he goes to uni in england whilst I'm in a different country. He had a crappy first year and told me he would've dropped out had I not been there (I even moved up there to live with him for a week!) But by the next year he got loads more friends and better accommodation etc and began to really enjoy it there. That's when our problems really began, he started to forget about me a bit, and when we argued, it was always about him not appreciating me enough or me becoming distant because of it. Every time we met again though at the airport, we were sizzling again. But that's common in most long distance relationships I suppose.

We've always had a rock solid relationship, full of communication. This year's uni exam period however, he felt he had to revise all day and all night long. Which I let him do although it meant there was a massive loss of contact for a very long period. I was there for him though, as I wanted him to feel confident and ready for his exams. When it was all finally over, I was literally burning with excitement for summer, meaning 3 months of us every day. But that didn't happen.

After exams he went out partying 3 days and nights in a row, I barely got a text and I just gave him the luxury of celebrating his efforts. But then 2 weeks went by and he still didn't want to make plans about summer, saying he was too busy moving out of accom and sorting things out (but this wasnt a problem last year when i came over to help him etc), I kept trying to make some plans but he just wouldn't do it. Then one day when I was feeling very pushed aside, I asked him if he loved me thinking he'd be his usual self and shower me with a bunch of romantic stuff like he always did. He said he didn't know. I was totally shocked and said okay, I'll give you some time off from the relationship if you want. And so we decided to have a week off. By the end I was missing him more than ever. When I finally had the chance to talk to him, I was sooo excited. Then he wrote me a freaking long skype message basically telling me how he doesn't know if he loves me like a sister or like a romantic partner anymore. He then acknowledged how important I had been in his life and how i had done nothing wrong and that he felt for me. He then basically told me to **** off and not talk to him as that would be the healthier way to break up. All of this information within a half hour, he logged off and never came back, and I was left COMPLETELY shocked.

So, a month has passed after the break up. I contacted him once after the break up just because I really didn't get wth was happening. He laughed a bit, then told me to **** off again. He's befriended a bunch of random chicks on face as well as buggered off to a beautiful country for a holiday.

Anyways, the point of this post is really, how the **** can a guy, who has told you he seriously considers proposing and written 6 page long love letters about how he adores you only weeks before the break up, be able to break up like that? I'm totally confused, I love him to bits, he was never a jerk to me or anything like that, which is why I started dating him in the first place... but come on, at least give me a proper reason why, and give me closure! (He even refused to tell me he doesn't love me face to face over SKYPE!) Personally I think he's either gay, a ******* great actor, or his single uni 'm8s' had a massive influence on him. Also, he wouldn't cheat, he's too shy with women. I was his first sexual relationship and well, girlfriend ever. It's like a COMPLETE transfer of personalities. Thoughts?

he found girls who put out.

Daily dose of ass>long term relationship over long distances.

men do not think like women, they want sex, may be a bit of romance but sex is paramount.

Well hmm, I know no guys who would say no to sex several times a day for 3 months straight from a girl who's very keen and he's attracted to. So that doesn't really add up does it. Besides he's on a hols with.... a bunch of dudes.

ReputationRep:
    tldr

ReputationRep:
    did anyone ask the OP to post thread? I didn't
    OP, we didn't ask.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.