Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To echo what others on the thread have said - the OOB is so generous that those who receive the full amount of grant from the university and student finance often have more disposal income than the rest of their peers!

If you get there and genuinely have problems with finance, go speak to your college; there are funds available for those in difficulties. The genereal position is that no one should be unable to study because of money issues, so as much as possible is done to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    If your parents' income is less thant £50K, you are entitled to some kinda bursary. Depending on parental income, this could vary from £600-10K over a three-year course :yes:
    So, I don't need to apply? They'll just give it to you? Wow, that is generous I still think money will be tight for me - my parents are over the 25K mark, so I don't get the full amount - but maybe it won't be as bad as I feared. And the info about the college funds is useful, thanks.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Incarnadine91)
    So, I don't need to apply? They'll just give it to you? Wow, that is generous I still think money will be tight for me - my parents are over the 25K mark, so I don't get the full amount - but maybe it won't be as bad as I feared. And the info about the college funds is useful, thanks.
    You just tick the box on the Student Finance form saying you're happy for information about your finances to be passed onto your university. Then if you get your results and get in, you get a nice letter from the OOB people saying "hello, we're gonna give you money"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    You just tick the box on the Student Finance form saying you're happy for information about your finances to be passed onto your university. Then if you get your results and get in, you get a nice letter from the OOB people saying "hello, we're gonna give you money"
    Yaaaaaay! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I've just been looking through Balliol's Freshers' E-Guide and there's something about a Balliol Access Bursary. Is the college going to give me money on top of the OOB? :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think most colleges have their own bursaries too. I know Exeter does!

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.