• View Poll Results: Do you like babies/little kids
    Yes, they're so cute
    45.77%
    No, they suck
    25.00%
    I like turtles
    29.23%

ReputationRep:
    Babies are the cutest things ever! Once they start talking - nightmare! Spoiled talking children - triple nightmare!

ReputationRep:
    When I first see them, I think 'aww, so cute' but after a while they start creeping me out, especially on buses, cos they keep staring! So I do my best to try and avoid eye contact after that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siani-chan)
    I remember when I was 13 maybe 14 and my auntie had her little girl, I was handed her and I was sitting there with this :lolwut: expression on my face like wtf do I do with this thing and my mum's like, BE MATERNAL YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO WANT ONE and I'm like ....how can anyone want this? It's UGLY, PLEASE REMOVE IT FROM MY PERSONAL BUBBLE BEFORE I THROW IT AT THE WALL. *ahem*

I hate when they stare, that's so awkward.

GTA IV? At 8 years old? :p: Deary me. Children are demanding. Evil little buggers. :p: When I first played GTA III, in the very first mission, I ran over the girl you were supposed to pick up. :awesome:

No cretins for me thankyouverymuch.
    Fortunately no one who knows me would leave me with a child.

When they stare I try to make a fake smile but it always feels so weird. :rolleyes:

Haha you're terrible. :p: My cousin is a brutal monster, he wants me to kill everything that moves. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I like looking at kids cuz they're all :puppyeyes: and cute and chubby :coma:
    But I get all :indiff: if I have to talk to them or something :nothing: I have absolutely no idea how to interact with children o.o It's a bit :ninja: when they keep staring at you and you don't know whether to just smile at them or go up to them and start playing with them. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    When I first see them, I think 'aww, so cute' but after a while they start creeping me out, especially on buses, cos they keep staring! So I do my best to try and avoid eye contact after that.
    Me too. Every time I think "is it still staring at me?"

ReputationRep:
    I WANT ONE!!!

Spoiler:
    Show
    of these...:sexface:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I agree with your sentiments OP. Kids are pretty gross at the best of times.

ReputationRep:
    I doooooo I'm a Brownie leader, I have to like kids xD

ReputationRep:
    Im not going to vote - I like babies AND turtles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    Fortunately no one who knows me would leave me with a child.

When they stare I try to make a fake smile but it always feels so weird. :rolleyes:

Haha you're terrible. :p: My cousin is a brutal monster, he wants me to kill everything that moves. :lolwut:
    Lucky for you, I have to babysit the buggers. I just think of the money and free biscuits. I sound like I neglect children.. No, this is just what's going on in my head, I wouldn't actually throw your child out of a plane. Yet. :p:

When they stare I glare. Fortunately I have perfected this art.

That is a bit violent for an 8 year old. :p: I find that funny, but still not adorable. If you took the game away he'd probably have a gun in his cupboard waiting for you or something. :p: And why thank you, I AM terrible.

I really really hate TSR sometimes. I'm supposed to be packing my suitcase/showering/tidying my room as I'm going away tomorrow but I've been on here all evening. :rolleyes: I have to be up at 2am! And I still haven't packed! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    Me too. Every time I think "is it still staring at me?"
    Lol
    I hate it when I can't tell whether a baby is a girl or a boy. It makes it really difficult to ask questions about it. My friend made the mistake of saying 'he' about a girl and the mother was not impressed. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Sleeping babies/ quiet babies = cute
    Screaming babies in public places = nightmare.

Little children can be quite sweet. Aslong as they don't try and talk/interact with me

My adorable little 14month niece is at that age where she can crawl about and come up to me, make a HELL of a lot of noise at me and then wait for a response. Then everyone turns to look at me waiting to see how I entertain her and reply. Very awkward.

Having said that though, she is adorable and she is the only baby/toddler I can put up with for longer than 10min.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cybele)
    I agree with your sentiments OP. Kids are pretty gross at the best of times.
    You're cool. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    When they aren't pointing out my flaws (like today) I love them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siani-chan)
    Lucky for you, I have to babysit the buggers. I just think of the money and free biscuits. I sound like I neglect children.. No, this is just what's going on in my head, I wouldn't actually throw your child out of a plane. Yet. :p:

When they stare I glare. Fortunately I have perfected this art.

That is a bit violent for an 8 year old. :p: I find that funny, but still not adorable. If you took the game away he'd probably have a gun in his cupboard waiting for you or something. :p: And why thank you, I AM terrible.

I really really hate TSR sometimes. I'm supposed to be packing my suitcase/showering/tidying my room as I'm going away tomorrow but I've been on here all evening. :rolleyes: I have to be up at 2am! And I still haven't packed! :mad:
    Nah, I think the little guy likes me but he does start to cry when I don't want to play games anymore. :p:

Start packing! Have a nice trip btw.

ReputationRep:
    I love them, as long as I can give them back after 10mins ha. Just babies though, not snotty toddlers...

ReputationRep:
    love 'em

ReputationRep:
    I don't like kids.

ReputationRep:
    loooool I like turtlesss!!!:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a great fan of babies and young kids, but being as they're, you know, integral to the continued existence of the human race, I don't think my opinion counts for much. :laugh:

Seriously though, turtles are pretty cool so I have voted for them. :yep:

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.