Turn on thread page Beta

Fit, but struggle with running? watch

ReputationRep:
    Running hurts. But if you do it 2-3 times a week you'll find that you have to go a lot faster or longer for it to hurt like it used to. Just keep at it!

ReputationRep:
    Breathe thru your nose!!!!!!! i cant be asked to explain how it works but google it.

you will be able to run much longer once you get the hang of it.

ReputationRep:
    Can we have have one for shin splints: fit, but struggle with shin splints. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordtreize)
    Can we have have one for shin splints: fit, but struggle with shin splints. Lol.
    I had very bad shin splints. Once I thought they had go better went for a run and had to be picked up because I couldn't walk. Rest them for a long time until you cant even feel that bruised feeling when you press your fingers on your shins. Then start running again, make sure you stretch, keep it light and exercise the lower legs with some resistance training maybe. If you feel them coming back then stop. This is how I got rid of them, I don't know how much of it contributed and you may have a different cause to me but the main idea I think is not to run on them if they hurt because it increases the recovery time. Took me about a month of no running to shake them off.

ReputationRep:
    I have ben having same problem as OP lately.

I went for a small run with walk intervals the other day and my legs are still completely dead.

It was only 2.4 miles or so and normally i cycle around 15 miles and my legs are fine by that afternoon...

I was going to go for another run today but atm i can barely walk downstairs let alone try and run...

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.