Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR in a Reasonably Priced Car (GT5) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Good stuff. Will have a few laps tonight.
    Please don't beat my time!

I know I could get into the 1:29's but it's going to take a bit of time for me to get there.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Unbelievable Jeff! He has only gone and got Gold. Now bring this challenge on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Please don't beat my time!
    Sorry dude. Just pulled out a 1:29.702 (lap 6) from somewhere. First 5 laps were all improvements on the last then everything just sort of fell into place and managed a lap half a second quicker than lap 5. Was pushing too hard after that and kept messing up bar laps 11 and 10 which were pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry dude. Just pulled out a 1:29.702 (lap 6) from somewhere. First 5 laps were all improvements on the last then everything just sort of fell into place and managed a lap half a second quicker than lap 5. Was pushing too hard after that and kept messing up bar laps 11 and 10 which were pretty good.

I think in various laps the sectors could have beaten that. Just need to get it all together. I like a challenge

ReputationRep:

I want this game so bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    I think in various laps the sectors could have beaten that. Just need to get it all together. I like a challenge
    Sector times:

1 - 0:39.607
    2 - 0.23.596
    3 - 0:26.692

(Original post by The Procrastinator)

I want this game so bad!
    Buy it then.

ReputationRep:
    Sector times:

1 - 0:39.607
    2 - 0.23.596
    3 - 0:26.692

Buy it then.
    It means me buying the console too haha! I have a PS2 and a Xbox 360 Can't win!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't own the console till last week...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    You are officially my role model. Time to convince parents it's an excellent way to spend money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    You are officially my role model. Time to convince parents it's an excellent way to spend money
    Thanks, what else do you think scholarship money should be spent on?

The rest of the scholarship money is going on a massive 40" LEd 1080p HDTV in the summer when i move out of halls...

That's gonna be even more impressive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    I convinced mine by saying that the PS3 is not just for games, but its a whole media system, for music, movies, photos. With some persuasive and persistent talk, they gave in. :P
    All my PS3 does 99% of the time run games though lol.
    I really wanna take part in this, but i'm gonna have to get through the VW van race to unlock the race. I couldn't be bothered before as it was excruciatingly slow for me (having played F1 2010 religiously since the 23rd Sept.). Guess I gotta take the pain and get through it and hopefully come up with a good time. Will post time tomorrow.

Btw, can the next car be the Nissan Skyline (which is default white) in arcade mode, 3 or 4 cars from the Zonda at the end. Just love the Skyline. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1Addict)
    I really wanna take part in this, but i'm gonna have to get through the VW van race to unlock the race. I couldn't be bothered before as it was excruciatingly slow for me (having played F1 2010 religiously since the 23rd Sept.). Guess I gotta take the pain and get through it and hopefully come up with a good time. Will post time tomorrow.

Btw, can the next car be the Nissan Skyline (which is default white) in arcade mode, 3 or 4 cars from the Zonda at the end. Just love the Skyline. :P
    That was the same problem i had but if you just get used to it after a while of doing license challenges etc in slow cars...

And if you wanna pick the car you have to enter a time. AND be slower than me, which is a challenge in it's self...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1Addict)
    Slowest driver gets to choose the next car but please don't lose just on purpose just to choose a car you want. Plus the competition is called TSR in a Reasonably Priced Car. A car next to a Zonda won't be reasonably priced.

ReputationRep:
    Slowest driver gets to choose the next car but please don't lose just on purpose just to choose a car you want. Plus the competition is called TSR in a Reasonably Priced Car. A car next to a Zonda won't be reasonably priced.
    Yeah makes sense. Silly me. :P

ReputationRep:
    Oh also, I should say if there is a car that anyone wants that's available from the new car dealership in GT Mode and not in Arcade, then I think that will be acceptable too as anyone will be able to buy those (and they would have to be reasonably priced for people to want to buy them).

ReputationRep:
    lol, if only you knew how many people have bought pS3's just for this game, I had exactly what you had until last thursday

ReputationRep:
    Haha..this is mayhem. I might just have to buy one

(Original post by clad in armour)
    lol, if only you knew how many people have bought pS3's just for this game, I had exactly what you had until last thursday
    I hope they haven't sold out! How much are they now?? I had to buy the PS2 just for a new Tomb Raider game....then found out it was on the Xbox. Rookie mistake I wont be making again!

ReputationRep:
    Haha..this is mayhem. I might just have to buy one

I hope they haven't sold out! How much are they now?? I had to buy the PS2 just for a new Tomb Raider game....then found out it was on the Xbox. Rookie mistake I wont be making again!
    theres loads of bundles and things out there just make sure you search properly before you buy to get the very best deal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    theres loads of bundles and things out there just make sure you search properly before you buy to get the very best deal
    Ooh I will, don't you worry about that. I'm a freak when it comes to looking for the bargains haha! This could take a while

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, what else do you think scholarship money should be spent on?

The rest of the scholarship money is going on a massive 40" LEd 1080p HDTV in the summer when i move out of halls...

That's gonna be even more impressive...
    That is awesome! Can't believe you got negged for that sensible comment ill give it a thumb up when TSR lets me haha.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.