Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frail)
    Hey, I was offered BBB (which when I asked at the open day they said was the standard offer) and I am predicted AAB.
    How about you?
    Good luck by the way!
    Exactly the same and cheers. massively massively hoping i get an offer as its one of my only safe ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smith92)
    Exactly the same and cheers. massively massively hoping i get an offer as its one of my only safe ones.

Where else have you applied for? All my options were pretty safe considering my predictions, so I'm thinking I should have gone higher. But ah well,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frail)

Where else have you applied for? All my options were pretty safe considering my predictions, so I'm thinking I should have gone higher. But ah well,
    Southampton, Birmingham, Reading, Exeter(Cornwall) and Oxford Brookes.
    I haven't was meant to be predicted an A in History but my history department cares more about there performance scores than student aspirations so they changed it to a B at the beginning of this year. So pretty convinced at least 2 of my unis won't look at me now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redrose_ftw)
    I've applied to do accounting and finance, got an unconditional, boom
    I got a conditional from them. 1 of my top choices for accounting & finance!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottay!)
    I got a conditional from them. 1 of my top choices for accounting & finance!!!
    woooo i think i'm going to have a long hard think about whether to put it down as first choice
    How come your offer is BBB? i got accepted with BBC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redrose_ftw)
    woooo i think i'm going to have a long hard think about whether to put it down as first choice
    How come your offer is BBB? i got accepted with BBC
    No idea i think its cause they gave me another offer of BC and an A in AS accounting. It will probs be my first choice though.

attending the visit day in feb though. shud be fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottay!)
    No idea i think its cause they gave me another offer of BC and an A in AS accounting. It will probs be my first choice though.

attending the visit day in feb though. shud be fun
    ah i see, i haven't even visited any unis yet brookes business school is meant to be really good too so that might sway me to them

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Politics and Japanese Studies. It's my first choice (Well, my real first this country anyway ) so I really hope I get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    G'luck everyone! And if you get in, do yourself a favour and get a room in Slade Park!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abijames42)
    sent my UCAS off on the 29th october and got an offer for biology on the 7th december, BBB
    i've recieved an offer for biology BBC

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else got an offer for Architecute? Or any degree in the built environment, for that matter?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Communication, Media and Culture and I got a conditional offer. I still do not know what to do, though... XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhankova)
    Anybody else got an offer for Architecute? Or any degree in the built environment, for that matter?
    Real Estate Management - ABB

ReputationRep:
    If anyone here is applying for Law and has any questions, feel free to message me

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for a couple of courses at Oxford Brookes (Around early December with one added through track a bit later), but I haven't heard anything from them. I got acknowledgments and offers from 2 other universities weeks ago.

Are Oxford Brookes known for this? Or should I get in touch?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not being funny here right, but does being so close to Oxford University not put you off? It'd absolutely torture me being in such close proximity to them. It'd make me feel really bad about myself and massively inferior. Same with Anglia Ruskin having a campus in Cambridge. It'd always be in your face, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilickbatteries)
    I'm not being funny here right, but does being so close to Oxford University not put you off? It'd absolutely torture me being in such close proximity to them. It'd make me feel really bad about myself and massively inferior. Same with Anglia Ruskin having a campus in Cambridge. It'd always be in your face, IMO.
    No not at all, Brookes is pretty far away from the Oxford stuff, we dont mix with them on nights out at all so i dont see the problem...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    No not at all, Brookes is pretty far away from the Oxford stuff, we dont mix with them on nights out at all so i dont see the problem...
    Really? I looked on a map and it looked about a 15 minute walk away from Merton College.

If you don't mix with them on a night out, fair enough. I'd still feel massively inferior though, but that's just me. The only place I've applied to with more than one university is York anyways.

ReputationRep:
    international relations and politics

BBC

booyaaah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilickbatteries)
    If you don't mix with them on a night out, fair enough. I'd still feel massively inferior though, but that's just me. The only place I've applied to with more than one university is York anyways.
    I can see where you're coming from. I think, for me, because my family had a sort of tradition of going to either Oxford or Cambridge after boarding school, it kind of bothered me, in general, that there was no way I could've even reached that level of academic skill that's required. (Although this 'tradition' was for the men - and they all hated it, funnily enough - as the women went to state schools and were encouraged to work instead).

However, it wouldn't bother me that Oxford students would be my neighbours. For some reason, even if someone is better than me, I feel more in awe at their better-ness rather than inferior by it. One thing I love about being around people that appear to know more or know about things I don't is that I can learn from them! I love to learn about new things, or to gain a greater knowledge. Perhaps knowing an Oxford student would link me to knowledge even more-so? I dunno. I don't think I'm that 'unclever' to not get something out of either, nor do I presume people at Brookes are going to be any less stimulating to talk to.

One thing I would worry about is those that would feel the opposite to your reaction, coming from Oxford. I read, on TSR, someone say that a person (or more?) from Oxford stopped speaking to them once they mentioned that they were from Brookes. =\ Gesh.

Also, I do worry about difference in level of skills or abilities that I'd get from a Brookes course, as opposed to those in a 'better' university. I decided to not worry about it, 'cause I like to self-study, I'll put in the extra effort if I have to. Some people don't even do that, they just do the bare minimum. I know people who went to good Unis and can't remember much about their course or have next to forgotten everything altogether. =\ Just got to remember to keep it all fresh in my mind even once I leave. Who knows? Might put me ahead of someone from Oxford in the end, ha ha. Not that I feel the need to compete though!

But anyway, Oxford Brookes is also the only place offering Japanese Studies and Law (with a roughly 50/50 balance). So even if I could get in to Oxford for Japanese Studies, I'd still go to Brookes for the added Law because I just couldn't say No, I'm afraid!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.