Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Students: Domino's, or Pizza Hut? Watch

• View Poll Results: Domino's or Pizza Hut?
    Domino's
    61.31%
    Pizza Hut
    38.69%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clo-clo1)
    Dominoes when at home largely due to the fab deals either 6.99 for any pizza, any size, buy one get one free (not just tuesdays) or pizza, side and drink £12.
    There is always an offer, probably due to 3 pizza places being in 5 mins walking distance of one anther.
    Pizza hut at uni, because they have 50% deals more.
    ...thats not 'good' value or a good offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cactussed)
    Definitely. The buffet is amazing, but for some reason their takeaway pizzas always seem undercooked. We ordered one once and it was like the tomatoes were just cut into wedges and scattered on top and the base was doughy. :mad:
    My thoughts exactly.

ReputationRep:
    If im wanting a pizza my first thought is Dominos. Too beauts for words. Got Large pizza, garlic pizza bread, waffles and coke coming at half 8 - No better way to spend a night in

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I adore Dominos! But the house I'm living in now is NOT within a delivery catchment area :'( Heart broken!

ReputationRep:
    Domino's everys single bloody time. The garlic and herb dip, the cookies... :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Thats not all! Domino's gives even free pizza to those who discredit Pizza Hut

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Witchita)
    ...thats not 'good' value or a good offer.
    Well considering a normal large is like £15 it is.

If you're getting a pizza for £3 nothing is going to sound good now is it.

ReputationRep:
    pizza express

ReputationRep:
    I am sorry but anyone who thinks that Pizza Hut has anything that can compare to a large Tandoori Hot on a dominator base with Garlic & Herb sauce is SO wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Pizza Hut have better deals/offers. Dominoes has like no student offers at all and always seems to be more expensive when comparing prices online.
    Pizza hut - £40 worth of food for £20, or £25 worth for £15. Yes please.

ReputationRep:
    I love Dominos for takeaway, especially with their student offers but Pizza Hut buffet cannot be beat

ReputationRep:
    You cant beat a Dominos fresh base

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    And even without vouchers there's the 50% NHS
    They only ever give me 35-40% discount with NHS id :mad:

Domino's. I can't tell you how many Two For Tuesday deals my friends and I got through in our final undergrad year Pizza Hut takeaway pizzas seem a bit plasticky, with uninspiring toppings and second rate ingredients. The restaurant food quality seems better, though, so I'd happily sit in for a meal (pizza and pasta buffet :sexface:)

Mind you, Tuesday was pretty much the only time we ever got Domino's because it was so damn expensive

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
      They only ever give me 35-40% discount with NHS id :mad:
      It varies from branch to branch from what I've heard, from ~30-50%. No idea why.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RNB1993)
      Domino's FTW!!!!!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Svenjamin)
      It varies from branch to branch from what I've heard, from ~30-50%. No idea why.
      Because its franchised and up to the owner.
      I work at two stores ( home and uni) one gives 50% on collection, nothing on delivery, the other gives 40% collection and 30% delivery.

ReputationRep:
      Pizza Hut is nicer and cheaper in the first place.

Dominos in London take 45mins. My local one is only a 6-7min walk away, but still take FOREVER to deliver.

ReputationRep:
      Both, tbfh. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
      Let's compare:

1. Restaurants.

Pizza Hut has sit down tables with waiters and sprinklers that you can put extra parmesan cheese or chillis on. They also change their interiors from time to time, which are understated and suitable for an meal, say after watching a movie.

Dominos have takeaways that look no better than any other cheap takeaway. Seating is generally a ledge by a window and is suitable for waiting for a bus.

2. Brand image.
      Pizza Hut tweaks their brand image from time to time. They have a warm , welcoming image.

Dominos, in a highly literal move, have a picture of a domino in their logo. They have an oddly downmarket image, especially considering that they can be more expensive than Pizza Hut.

3. Pizzas
      Pizza Hut have a choice of different bases, full or half cheese and are packed with toppings. Some may find them too sweet, a bit cakey, but that is part of their charm (if you wanted an 'authentic' Italian type, rather than an American one, you should go to Pizza Express or make your own any way).

Dominos Pizzas are neither fish nor fowl. They don't satisfy the American pizza type as well as Pizza Hut does and don't satisfy the Italian type either.

Conclusion:
      Pizza Hut if you like tasty American type pizzas. Dominos can't be hugely recommended for any type of pizza- they're OK at best.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.