Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: Are you attracted to MONEY? Watch

• View Poll Results: Girls, are you more attracted to rich men?
    Yes
    54.72%
    No
    45.28%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Post Apocalypse)
    Quite often I hear that women are attracted to rich men. I'm interested to see what people think about this.

Girls, are you attracted to rich men? Does a flash car make you feel more attracted to a guy? Would you go out with a guy that makes very little money?
    Right now, no. But for the future, yes.
    For the moment I wouldnt mind if the guy didnt have much, he can still be romantic and cute. But in the future, I wouldnt like to earn more than my partner, that's just odd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Breedlove)
    I meant I was going a bit off topic.

I get you though, but I still find it interesting how social doctrine over the years has made it such a charming thing when on a fundamental level it is rather dominating. I also find it interesting that whilst people want equality of the sexes, it is much more likely that a man will pay for the woman that a woman pay for the man and that (a slight assumption, but one highlighted in your post) a man is more likely to pay for the woman first than vice versa.

Out of curiosity, how much of a traditionalist are you in this sense?
    Oh! Now I feel like a fool haha...

Mmmm, I guess you're right, I'm not sure why men being actually quite dominant is charming but it is haha! And yes, once more it is silly that women still like men to offer to pay for things, I suppose it's about being gentlemanly, but still, it's a bit sexist really...

Erm, I'm a traditionalist in the sense that I like a man to have the power: I like to know that he is stronger than me etc, but I also like to know that he is gentlemanly e.g. opening to door for me, carrying heavy things for me (that sort of thing melts my heart).

I also see women as being the ones who do the cooking, who look after the home, who look after the children the most.

I don't mean those things in like a really strong view, I'm not into oppression or anything like that, like I wouldn't expect the man to carry all the heavy things for me or do all of the mechanical/electrical stuff (I'm so rubbish at that sort of thing haha) any more than I'd hope he would expect me to be the only one cleaning the house of looking after children. I just mean that the way I see gender roles are quite fixed/old fashioned - I don't see them as exclusive like people have to obey them, just that I'm attracted to that traditional lifestyle.

I also place a lot of importance on marriage, and I would always want to take my husband's name.

Please don't neg me for any of that, that's just my approach to relationships, it doesn't affect anyone else

ReputationRep:
    Whoever votes no is a liar. Every woman is a money grabbing whore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyness)
    For the moment I wouldnt mind if the guy didnt have much, he can still be romantic and cute. But in the future, I wouldnt like to earn more than my partner, that's just odd
    Very shallow"

ReputationRep:
    I think so, not ALL girls but I think ultimately in the real world a man's wealth is an important quality, and a quality that does attract.

In the real world where it's not about picnics in strawberry fields and writing poems to each other, with violins playing in the back drop as your love blossoms...having financial security and being able to provide is integral for a long term relationship and marriage. Of course, it's all subjective because different girls perceive 'wealth' differently. For some a 50k salary is impressive, for others anything short of 10 million isn't.

It just happens that the majority of the best looking women have high standards and want to have a glamorous lifestyle and the means to fulfil their (demanding and expensive) desires. Why? Simply because that's how the social dynamics works, they want those things because they know that it's what they can potentially have. Rich man seeks pretty woman, pretty woman seeks rich man.

Put it this way, you will never ever come across a wealthy man (and by that I mean at least a millionaire) who will struggle to bag himself a stunning woman (or even women!) despite looking horrible and being an unpleasant, borderline evil character.

Also, the fact that a guy is wealthy can mean many things. It may mean he's incredibly hard working, very successful, highly motivated, very driven, really skilled/talented etc. and these are all very attractive qualities in any person. It's not about the money, it's about what the money represents :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jo$hhh)
    Whoever votes no is a liar. Every woman is a money grabbing whore.
    Are you related to Jimbo?

ReputationRep:
    Quote from a lot of gfs in the recent past "oo lets go out and then you can take me shopping" erm....no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ.)
    Very shallow"
    ok. We all have our opinions, dont we?

ReputationRep:
    ok. We all have our opinions, dont we?
    Maybe?
    I think it's really shallow to have opinions like that due to the nature of preferring someone in the future because of status they have in society...

I tend to keep far away from girls like yourself, no disrespect!

ReputationRep:
    How much money would you want him to earn?

ReputationRep:
    In fact in the cold light of day that sounds nearly like they were trying to exchange sex for money......glad I utterly detest girls like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet_Heart)

Mmmm, I guess you're right, I'm not sure why men being actually quite dominant is charming but it is haha! And yes, once more it is silly that women still like men to offer to pay for things, I suppose it's about being gentlemanly, but still, it's a bit sexist really...

Erm, I'm a traditionalist in the sense that I like a man to have the power: I like to know that he is stronger than me etc, but I also like to know that he is gentlemanly e.g. opening to door for me, carrying heavy things for me (that sort of thing melts my heart).

I also see women as being the ones who do the cooking, who look after the home, who look after the children the most.

I don't mean those things in like a really strong view, I'm not into oppression or anything like that, like I wouldn't expect the man to carry all the heavy things for me or do all of the mechanical/electrical stuff (I'm so rubbish at that sort of thing haha) any more than I'd hope he would expect me to be the only one cleaning the house of looking after children. I just mean that the way I see gender roles are quite fixed/old fashioned - I don't see them as exclusive like people have to obey them, just that I'm attracted to that traditional lifestyle.

I also place a lot of importance on marriage, and I would always want to take my husband's name.

Please don't neg me for any of that, that's just my approach to relationships, it doesn't affect anyone else
    Haha, you're safe from the wicked neg icon.

Interesting opinion nonetheless in my opinion and one that I do not share. xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Post Apocalypse)
    How much money would you want him to earn?
    Just more than me really. I wouldnt mind even if it was £5 more than me but the principle is there.

(Original post by QwentyJ.)
    Maybe?
    I think it's really shallow to have opinions like that due to the nature of preferring someone in the future because of status they have in society...

I tend to keep far away from girls like yourself, no disrespect!
    lol. It's nothing to do with status. Im very traditional in a way where I want a man that is, in a way, superior than me. You know... stronger, taller and earns more than me just happens to be in the list.
    We all have our requirements and that is one of mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet_Heart)

Exactly this. Im glad to know that there are still women like me on Earth. It seems like they all want to wear the trousers in the house.
    So rep for you ^^

ReputationRep:
    I like money when I have earned it but I don't judge any potential partner on the size of their wallet believe it or not.

ReputationRep:
    Scientifically speaking, women ARE attracted to money... Since anything with mass has a gravitational pull.

But then that means that fat people are more attractive O_o... That's why I break the rules of physics sometimes (And by fat I mean majorly obese, just to clarify)

Here's another one...
    We all know that women = time x money

But we also know that time = money

Therefore women = money x money = money^2

However, we also know that money is the root of all evil, money = evil^(1/2)

Therefore Women = (evil^(1/2))^2

The root an the square cancel out so...
    women = evil!!!

Just kidding :P I live with 4 of 'em XD

ReputationRep:
    I always offer to pay my share for meals. And I pay for my own taxi if he's asked me to meet him somewhere even though he usually say "he'll take care of it", I pay for it.

For most guys I've been dated, they seem to want to be the one to pay. They have all been wealthy, but even if I offer they usually say "forget about it". The experiences from friends (that are in long-term relationships) is that their boyfriends want to be the ones making the most money and providing for the (future) family. Even if their girlfriends earn a lot and offer to pay. Something about the male sense of "provider", I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillipsherman)
    basically according to this if you are 18 and making 100k - unlucky, yet one year later when you are 19 you are raking it in.

but oh no another year after that no one is interested anymore, sorry.
    I imagine that the sample size of 18-20 year olds making >£100,000 a year isn't particularly large.

ReputationRep:
    100% yes. I would only ever be in a relationship with a wealthy person, no matter how shallow that sounds. Money means a lot to me.

ReputationRep:
    Just because someone has money it doesn’t mean I’m going to change my views about the person.

If I find a guy attractive….. its great. But if I find a guy unattractive there’s no way money can change my views about that.. same goes for the actual person, if a person is boring, no amount of money can make them interesting. If he’s arrogant no amount of money can make arrogance attractive.

Men who have money and spend it the right way, are ambitious, , are funny , down to earth, good looking, dimples, nice arms, nice hair etc= Attractive
    Men who have money and spend money on crap, arrogant/not good looking/ boring/ too much pride/man-whore = Unattractive

Men who are ambitious, , are funny , down to earth, good looking, dimples, nice arms, nice hair etc = Attractive
    Men who are , arrogant/not good looking/ boring/ too much pride/man-whore etc= Unattractive

Spot the pattern

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.