Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the most important issue facing the world today? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Peak Oil, or really any resource becoming supply constrained in the near future that we've come to rely on.

ReputationRep:
    Me running out of baccy.

ReputationRep:
    economic inequality between countries.

ReputationRep:
    I can't find my TV remote, everything else pales in comparison

ReputationRep:
    The world's population is growing at 1 billion every 12 years. 80 Million per year and 250,000 per day. World population milestones are:

1804:1 billion
    1927:2 billion
    1960:3 billion
    1975:4 billion
    1987:5 billion
    1999:6 billion
    2011:7 billion

So the world's population was only over 1 billion when the titanic sank less than 100 years ago and now it's nearly 7 billion.

There's a lot of talk about population's declining, but no one knows what will happen in 50 years time, but there's every chance it may not. Very hard to predict. At the moment the worlds population is growing massively. Richard Attenborough did a documentary on it this year as he was so concerned over it and has joined the optimum population trust.

Infact a report suggested that only 2-3 billion on the planet can live in a fully westernized healthy lifestyle with the current resources (or the way it's heading).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    The world's population is growing at 1 billion every 12 years. 80 Million per year and 250,000 per day. World population milestones are:

1804:1 billion
    1927:2 billion
    1960:3 billion
    1975:4 billion
    1987:5 billion
    1999:6 billion
    2011:7 billion

So the world's population was only over 1 billion when the titanic sank less than 100 years ago and now it's nearly 7 billion.

There's a lot of talk about population's declining, but no one knows what will happen in 50 years time, but there's every chance it may not. Very hard to predict. At the moment the worlds population is growing massively. Richard Attenborough did a documentary on it this year as he was so concerned over it and has joined the optimum population trust.

Infact a report suggested that only 2-3 billion on the planet can live in a fully westernized healthy lifestyle with the current resources (or the way it's heading).
    A zombie apocalypse, or a nuclear world war is probably the only way to solve the problem to be honest. As cold hearted as that sounds.

ReputationRep:
    Overpopulation, climate change (the consequences that it will have on human society, not the fact that it is changing), loss of biodiversity, deforestation, desertification, oceanic pollution, nuclear proliferation, increasing wealth inequality in both rich and poor countries, anti-intellectualism . . . there are too many serious global issues for me to nail it down to any single one, but I fear that a combination of some or all of them, well-timed, could easily spell the end of human civilisation or set it back by millennia.

ReputationRep:
    My surival is all I care about, I want there to be a world war 3, not because I want people to die, but it would be like a mixture of call of duty and zombieland in real life how epic, having your own plans and safety and ahhh <3

ReputationRep:
    Impending ******ry.

ReputationRep:
    Whether North Korea NUKES THE F*CK OUT OF EVERYONE.

ReputationRep:
    the state of the world. the underprivileged majority in the world, the global poor, the 4 billion or so people living on less than five quid a day (in some cases far less). but those of us at the top, the richest 1 billion people in the world - hardly alleviating poverty and maintaing the status quo. this is the biggest issue and will obviously remain to be for a very long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    A zombie apocalypse, or a nuclear world war is probably the only way to solve the problem to be honest. As cold hearted as that sounds.
    I want that to happen, would be a mix between zombieland and call of duty, survival of the fittest

ReputationRep:
    Gotta be climate change

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.