Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Heart beats per minute Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    For once someone on Tsr is listening and taking my post seriously, so thank you.

I've had numerous trips to A&E, 5 ECGs, 6blood tests, Dr appointments galore and no Dr cud wrk out whats wrong, apart from noticing i have a bad chest that grumbles when they listen to my chest. So I'm on the strongest antibiotics to clear it this weekend. The Drs even said it might be Costochondritis?? :dontknow:

I get anxiety a lot, esp. lately with trying to find out what's wrong. I was under investigation for DVT and that has contributed a lot to my anxiety, constantly fretting and worrying that they've missed something or I've got a clot on my chest. But Drs have said that no clot was found on my scans and everything seems fine.

I think I jus need to chill out, like ya said and take it easy. And battle with this chest. I WILL beat this damn thing and not ruin my graduation on Tuesday.
    ECG's are a waste of time. You want an echo.

(Original post by tomheppy)
    ECG's are a waste of time. You want an echo.
    Why a waste of time? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Resting I'm at 50-60 beats per min. 93 is really high, although you may have checked it at the wrong time. The best way to check your heart beat is in the morning when you have just woken up and haven't ate anything and your not suffering from a cold or an injury.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theiantomywanda)
    You'll be surprised what the heart can handle. Apparently it can go well into the 200s before becoming fatigued.
    This is very true.

ReputationRep:
    Because unless you get a 24hr one it is unlikely to pick up problems unless you are experiencing some problem (e.g. palps) at the time of the ecg test

ReputationRep:
    They're not a waste. A really good tool for picking up inital problems and give a baseline comparison if anything changes.

(Original post by theiantomywanda)
    I was taking you seriously. I thought you had already exhausted factors like stress and anxiety. I may not be a qualified doctor but i'm halfway through the process.
    I meant to quote you as well, just on the iPhone it's too much hassle to go back and forth. But I have taken your post seriously. Anxiety is contributing to it I agree, and stress isn't helping much. BUT I'll battle on, determined to fight it.

(Original post by tomheppy)
    Because unless you get a 24hr one it is unlikely to pick up problems unless you are experiencing some problem (e.g. palps) at the time of the ecg test
    Well I've had 5 over the past 3/4wks, even 3 in one day, two of them being a few hrs apart. Everytime they've showed exactly the same and Drs have been fine with that.

ReputationRep:
    88 bmp but then I've just ran down the stairs. 96 beats per min when resting isn't exactly normal but anything can set your heart rate off, food/drink etc.

(Original post by Subcutaneous)
    They're not a waste. A really good tool for picking up inital problems and give a baseline comparison if anything changes.
    No, I didn't think they were a waste of time. Just baffled at that persons comment, considering how many tests I've had.

(Original post by Cybele)
    88 bmp but then I've just ran down the stairs. 96 beats per min when resting isn't exactly normal but anything can set your heart rate off, food/drink etc.
    I'm on antibiotics which I'm guessing might have pushed it up. I went to the Drs Friday and he looked at my heart rate then and it was fine.

ReputationRep:
    I meant to quote you as well, just on the iPhone it's too much hassle to go back and forth. But I have taken your post seriously. Anxiety is contributing to it I agree, and stress isn't helping much. BUT I'll battle on, determined to fight it.
    I've battled severe anxiety it can really feel like you're ill/dying but i found that the symptoms were just due to my heightened awareness of myself. Good luck with everything

ReputationRep:
    Some people naturally have a resting heart rate in the 90s... I personally wouldn't consider that to be a problem? My flatmates heart rate is normally somewhere between 90 and 100 at rest.. and she's not unfit or anything. Mines normally in the late 80s at rest...

I wouldn't bat an eye lid at anything between 55 and 100 or so to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani_88)
    Some people naturally have a resting heart rate in the 90s... I personally wouldn't consider that to be a problem? My flatmates heart rate is normally somewhere between 90 and 100 at rest.. and she's not unfit or anything. Mines normally in the late 80s at rest...

I wouldn't bat an eye lid at anything between 55 and 100 or so to be honest.
    Exactly what I said. We were discussing at work the other day how when we were not in nursing or at the very beginning of training anything mildly abnormal we'd freak out at and go 'OMG YOU'RE GOING TO DIE'- and how other people without training tend to do that too. Now 2 years into this career..I only start properly panicking when they stop breathing

ReputationRep:
    Mine whilst sat at the computer is normally around 60, Cba to get my HRM now and test it though... Think it was 57 before i was getting ready for a run last week...

ReputationRep:
    54 bpm, feeling the bradycardia!

ReputationRep:
    60 and I haven't been doing much exercise lately.

I've had it down to 42 when very fit before.

ReputationRep:
    48 :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooster523)
    54 bpm, feeling the bradycardia!
    54! lol try my usual of 40-48bpm, I find the bit where I turn blue especially fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fly_by_wire)
    54! lol try my usual of 40-48bpm, I find the bit where I turn blue especially fun
    that's because you have a lazy heart

Didn't fancy BMF tonight then?

Are you scared now?!

If you're not who I think you are I'ma look pretty stupid

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.