Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't have time to workout, suggestions? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do that thing that the girl on 'Freak like me' does - run around in circles! You can do that in the comfort of your own home!
    Failing that, walk more (eg if you don't live too far away from Uni - walk rather than tram it), everytime you use the escalator/ lift take the stairs.
    Do 200 sit-ups just before you go to bed/ as soon as you wake up. Doing it in bed's the perfect option - you can tuck your feet around the rungs and you can't hurt your back because of your mattress. It is easier though, so make sure you do more than normal to compensate.
    And ignore all the knobblers who say give up - they all probably have a private gym in mummnys garage, and can go for a run anytime as they live in a nice posh area...

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a garden?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    You suggest I go for a run in blackness where I can't see the ground :eyeball:
    I live in the country but frequently run in the dark- stand outside for a few minutes and your eyes will adjust, or take a torch. Otherwise do what the others have said and do some exercises at home Even if you cant afford dumbells, jumping around with a can of beans in each hand is better than doing nothing.

ReputationRep:
    So basically you don't have any time to work out, you can't afford any sort of gym membership or exercise equipment, and you have a broken ankle. Are you just trying to get someone to tell you that you shouldn't exercise so you don't feel guilty about not doing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrangeSocks)
    So basically you don't have any time to work out, you can't afford any sort of gym membership or exercise equipment, and you have a broken ankle. Are you just trying to get someone to tell you that you shouldn't exercise so you don't feel guilty about not doing it?
    My ankle wasn't broken when I made this thread. I broke it whilst trying to go for a run in the dark.

ReputationRep:
    Outdoor options:
    - Join an exercise class that runs on a weekly basis, normally £3-4 per lesson (hour). I've joined an aerobics medium to high impact class in a nearby leisure club and it's a great workout.
    -Ice skating in your spare time? Quite light cardio but still gets you out & about.
    -Swimming. Weirdly good in this weather and is a cheap method to exercise the muscles. They're also normally open at night time too.
    - Walking to and from places that are easy without public transport or car i.e. work, indoor leisure facilities, social activities etc. Probably more difficult than it seems in the snowy weather.

Indoor:
    - Jogging, press-ups, sit-ups, investing in weights or a hula hoop/skipping ropes - all really effective in different ways
    - Electronic based exercise regimes like buying and using a workout dvd, or games consoles such as Wii or playstation that have loads of fitness variations from cardio to building up muscles and probably the most effective cardio for me has been the dance mat

Hopefully there's something there from my options.

** just realised you've broken your ankle but there's still some exercises you could do to exercise your upper part of the body until your ankle heals

ReputationRep:
    Walk more during the day and exercise at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    Some people are being seriously mean!! There's really no need to be so negative and rude.

There have been some really good suggestions though, I think your best bet (if it's just a bit of exercise you want) then go for a home fitness or workout DVD. No need for any equipment, just try aerobics or boxercise or something. Obviously there's always the option of sit ups, crunches, push ups and bicep curls using water bottles, etc ... if you do want to work on muscle rather than weight loss or general cardio.

It's up to you really, there's plenty of indoor, cheap alternatives But to be fair to other posters, the only way forward is just to get on with it and not to make excuses. If it's something you really want to do, you'll do it.

ReputationRep:
    LMAOO "too dark", you know I exercise at 4/5AM at nights. Just turn on the lights. If you don't have time for workout then workout won't have time for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.