The Student Room Group

Have you ever won a competition ?

Scroll to see replies

I win competitions whenever I enter them, I really can't remember the last time I entered one and lost :smile:
I'm naturally a very lucky person, sadly, this doesn't seem to work with the lottery...
Reply 41
I won a Pot Noodle Horn once...
It's real loud.
Reply 42
I am the tsr arcade champion :biggrin:

I won (well 3rd) a minor televised poker tournament for $7,000 (won £600 about 2 days ago too)

But the majority/all of phone/write in competitions I don't enter, because they are the biggest waste of time
Reply 43
I won a competition in the Funday Times, and in PC Gamer.
As a kid I won an instant camera from Mizz magaine once for submitting a cringeworthy story. And loads of pet related things (birdhouse, hamster cage, fish tanks) from a local petshop for winning their 'Paint a pet' competition every year :biggrin:
:yep: fashion competition

I only got certificates though :/
Reply 46
I won a bike in Just 17 magazine years ago. I don't even remember entering, but I got a phone call from a strange man asking my inside leg measurement.
I also won a packet of Berol colouring pens in Snap magazine when I was about 8.
Reply 47
Today I won a a large bag of pink smarties from the nearby SPAR as me and my dad guessed the number of smarties as 1450, and the number in the box was 1447!

Pretty much the only thing that I have ever won in my life.
Reply 48
I won a DVD box set of Peep Show season 4 a couple of years ago....had no recollection of entering the competition and kept getting missed calls off a random number, when I eventually answered it was someone from e4 telling me I'd won!
I won the beauty contest.
For girls.
Reply 50
When i was 5 i enterd a comp in my local department school (now gone :frown:), to meet Barbie! (i was 5) Along with a load of clothes for my barbie
Reply 51
Cartoob Network - Truckatooni thing i won something from.
I won a Harry Potter quiz book from Aquila, The Babushka Inheritance (crap book, but it was signed by the author) from another magazine and Metroid: Prime Hunters and Super Monkey Ball DS games from Official Nintendo Magazine. Oh, back in the day when I used to buy magazines :love: Never won anything particularly amazing though :no:
Not that I remember, I remember someone at uni winning something at a CIN raffle once.
Original post by allysun
I won so many times on that Walkers Rainy Day thing :smile: Just used the weather forecast haha..

I did exactly the same, ended up with £120.. free money! :smile: How much did you end up with?

I've actually won quite a few. A shame i don't have any luck on the lottery..

A Siemens phone from a bottle of Fanta which i sold to my Dad for £70
Coca Cola Football during Euro 2004 (Its still in my attic)
Signed Arsenal shirt in a raffle
Teddy bear from Walkers when i was 7
Several free football ticket promotions
Pokemon drawing competition in the local paper when i was 9
Another competition in the local paper like 10 years ago, i won a load of them little model footballers (forgot what they're called..)
Reply 55
Sent a video in to some siemens competition a few year back - was of me airing over the spine I used to have in my garden with my skateboard. Some impressive **** yo, won a bluetooth headset so I could skate and talk on my cell phone SIMULTANEOUSLY!
Reply 56
Yeah.

Your Mom said that out of me and my cousin, i was the better lover.

The prize?

Extra love on both parts.
Reply 57
I've never won a competition but my estranged aunt won £35,000 on a scratchcard.
Not me personally, but my parents won a holiday to Antigua about 5 or 6 years ago. They filled some form out in some hotel we were at the year before, obviously not expecting anything to come from it, but then got a phonecall and a letter through the post a few months later. It was one of these SunSail or ClubMed holiday resorts..

I'm still waiting for the day when I WILL win the lottery though! :tongue:
Reply 59
I've won a competition in a magazine that I had to phone up for, I got a tv and some dvds :smile:
the dvds had a competition going to win a phone and for some reason I got that too, despite it not being part of the prize package....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending