Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's so special about Emma Watson? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satisfactionatlast)
    ugh! I'm trying to POS rep you for your EXCELLENT comment but seems I've done a lot of those lately and I can't pos rep you anymore
    Haha, that's okay. I'll gladly take some rep or personal rep another time. lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    Haha, that's okay. I'll gladly take some rep or personal rep another time. lol.
    LOL :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I must admit I didn't understand the appeal before the seventh film. Okay she is good looking, but I never got the wow factor. Shame I only noticed it once she'd cut her hair But yeah, I'd love to be her!

ReputationRep:
    jealous much?

ReputationRep:
    She gorgeous =o
    But it is just a matter of opinion. She is my girl crush <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    It's like that with most celebs they are just average looking but are made out to be looking like a godess. TBH I don't see the facination most men have with girls like emma watson, ashley tisdale, megan fox and any other FAKE girls such as cher loyd have you seen how much make up she wears ewwwww. I don't even watch X factor but everyone was like she looks hot and I had a look and she looked like a life size version of barbie. I prefer true beauty not the made up crap.
    I cannot believe you made a comparison of Emma Watson with all those other women. I'd hardly say Emma Watson was fake, sure I don't like her character in Harry Potter but she seems like a lovely person, far from fake. Just because she is average looking does not mean she cannot be put on a pedestal, as you can see it is her achievements that have made her 'goddess' like because not only is she of average beauty but she is also successful and intelligent which makes her more appealing to people with eyes.

ReputationRep:
    She's very attractive (or was before she cut her hair.)
    She's also extremely intelligent, a pretty good actor, and gives off the impression of being extremely down-to-earth.

ReputationRep:
    I used to get really annoyed about how people went on about her like she was the second coming. Personally I thought there were other actresses in Harry Potter who were better looking - however now I think she's alright. She is quite pretty and I would still rather young girls look up to her as a role model than Katie Price, for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    I fail to see the fascination. Yes, she's smart but stunning? That's kinda pushing it.
    People say that she's 'so beautiful' and I don't see it. She's an average looking girl, her features are plain (with or without long hair). I sincerely think that if she wasn't famous, I wouldn't look twice at her if she was walking down the street. Also she's an okay actress, nothing special, she tends to move her eyebrows a lot (which I find a little strange lol). I can only really class Emma as a very lucky girl.

BTW: This really has nothing to do with jealously, it's just my opinion. You can neg all you want. :upyours:
    It's because she's self-righteous, cocky, and clever. It's a killer combination and has nothing to do with her looks, she probably seems like she'd be more approachable by being plainer.

ReputationRep:
    I would definately give her a love potion any day.

ReputationRep:
    Hot.

She looked way better in longer hair though. Makes me wonder if she saw the Richard Dawkins/Emma Watson comparison image and decided that she should get a haircut that looks completely different?

ReputationRep:
    I can not understand where does the impression of her being extra intelligent come from. It is known that she has had great grades and she studies at Brown University, but honestly, this can not be viewed as an indicator of intelligence – it is not rocket science, is it? It is improbable that she fakes her behaviour to appear congenial, we can look through many interviews and study her facial expressions, but at this point we can not determine her intelligence. She has not spoken about her political views, philosophy, natural science, ... Anyway, I think that she is certainly brighter than the majority of population and surely is pretty (although this new hairstyle is rather unsatisfactory).

ReputationRep:
    Aside from the fact that she's hot, I respect her more than anything else. Young girls need a decent role model to look up to that isn't some giant boobed, orange oompaloompa s**t like Katie Price or Cher Loyd or any of the other 'a list' celebrities.

She gets an acting gig with what turn out to be some of the most commercially successful movies of all time, and what does she do with her money? Gets herself a decent education. THAT is what young girls need to look up to. That no matter what you have, or don't have, in life, education should always come first. Yeah, maybe her grades came across as a result of private tutoring, but that doesn't make her any less deserving of those grades.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's hilarious that people still go on about her hair. It's strange how a girl cutting her hair can cause such drama.

I'm not the biggest fan of it, but it was over three months ago. I think she looks very nice now as well. It has definitely grown on me. Emma likes it, and she is very much aware of people *****ing about her hair. I want to AK all the immature idiots who go around calling her a "lesbian" . :rolleyes: Honestly, grow up.

She couldn't cut her hair for 10 years, she felt like it cutting it short. She still looks nice. I wish people would leave her alone and stop whining about it. It's just hair, and none of us know her. It's not like she grew a second head. Maybe she should just keep her hair long to please everyone else? Ugh. It's okay to have an opinion, but some are really mean about it.

ReputationRep:
    Average, wouldn't look in the street. Same with Cheryl Cole really. Both overrated. They haven't got a stop you in the street appeal such as someone like Diane Kruger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    I can not understand where does the impression of her being extra intelligent come from. It is known that she has had great grades and she studies at Brown University, but honestly, this can not be viewed as an indicator of intelligence – it is not rocket science, is it? It is improbable that she fakes her behaviour to appear congenial, we can look through many interviews and study her facial expressions, but at this point we can not determine her intelligence. She has not spoken about her political views, philosophy, natural science, ... Anyway, I think that she is certainly brighter than the majority of population and surely is pretty (although this new hairstyle is rather unsatisfactory).
    so? These things do not determine how intelligent a person is! It's all a matter of opinions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    Aside from the fact that she's hot, I respect her more than anything else. Young girls need a decent role model to look up to that isn't some giant boobed, orange oompaloompa s**t like Katie Price or Cher Loyd or any of the other 'a list' celebrities.

She gets an acting gig with what turn out to be some of the most commercially successful movies of all time, and what does she do with her money? Gets herself a decent education. THAT is what young girls need to look up to. That no matter what you have, or don't have, in life, education should always come first. Yeah, maybe her grades came across as a result of private tutoring, but that doesn't make her any less deserving of those grades.
    Agree

ReputationRep:
    She's rather gorgeous

I guess she's not the usual kind of girl that's considered 'gorgeous' by most? But girls like her are exactly the pinnacle of beauty

In my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    X
    I love that video in your signature - just spent five minutes watching it. Love the way the cat seems, "Oh well, whilst I'm here I may as well scratch this dog..." :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    She's HOT!! look at the 2 pictures in this thread :drool:

+ isnt she at Brown or something? that makes her so much hotter

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.