Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The war on christmas is over Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Ok prove a council offical did not try to rename Christmas lights winter lights?
    haha you're a moron. But I'll humour you:

"That's what seems to have happened in Lambeth last year, when the council's monthly newsletter, Lambeth Life, referred to some Christmas light displays as "winter lights" - the council swiftly accepted it was an error."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006...on.communities

Winterval, Winter Lights, Luminos, it's all bull.****, and it doesn't take a half a brain to see this

And I like how your statement about 'Labour' trying to be overly-PC has changed to 'A council called it Winter lights instead Christmas lights". PC gone mad right thur!!

ReputationRep:
    I am Pagan and Christmas grossly offends me. This is an outrage.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yay, now everyone can reclaim christmas !

/no

Never in my entire life did I ever hear Christmas called 'winter holiday' or 'wintervil' or whatever bs the daily mail said it was etc. Even sikhs and muslims referred to it as 'christmas'.

Never mind the fact that the 25th of December actually isn't christmas for starters, that everything christmas stands for was toppled by corporations and the notion that involves buying useless **** necessary, and that even advent was not free from this assault. The whole religious notion of christmas has been destroyed anyway, so why should it be referred to as christmas if it alludes to a christian holiday- something that the tsr athiests seem to attack on a daily basis ?

In fact if you were true athiests, you would probably be happier calling it winter holidays, surely ?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master Roshi)
    haha you're a moron. But I'll humour you:

"That's what seems to have happened in Lambeth last year, when the council's monthly newsletter, Lambeth Life, referred to some Christmas light displays as "winter lights" - the council swiftly accepted it was an error."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006...on.communities

Winterval, Winter Lights, Luminos, it's all bull.****, and it doesn't take a half a brain to see this

And I like how your statement about 'Labour' trying to be overly-PC has changed to 'A council called it Winter lights instead Christmas lights". PC gone mad right thur!!
    :facepalm2: I was referring to a completely different case you moron.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...d-charity.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4398680.stm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6915007.ece

ReputationRep:
    It is strange that you want to protect Britain's 1000 year Christian heritage when it comes to receiving cheap tat from China on the 25th but dispense with it altogether otherwise. Why don't you follow religious principles in matters like divorce, pre-marital sex or education? :confused:

Anyway I don't care about it. I like seeing well lit streets and I get away with murder during all the festivities. No self-respecting Muslim would give a crap about piggy banks or gold baubles. Not even the Wahabis are that sad.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care what you call it, this song sums up perfectly what 'christmas' means to me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually quite pleased about this, despite not jizzing myself over that weirdo in the Daily Mail.

(Original post by The_Great_One)
      Victory for common sense and long may it continue.
      How is this a "victory for common sense"? Why don't we just let local governments celebrate Christmas in the way that they feel is appropriate for their particular community, rather than having their decisions dictated to them by the distant Pickles? Blunt, blanket orders from high - ignoring the variety in communities and treating local government like useless children - certainly doesn't sound like "common sense" to me...

ReputationRep:
      From your BBC link... "A spokesman said it was an error by a junior official and not council policy."

What a surprise, the story turned out to be bull.**** just like all the rest of them... who saw this coming? Not you obviously
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Master Roshi)
      From your BBC link... "A spokesman said it was an error by a junior official and not council policy."

What a surprise, the story turned out to be bull.**** just like all the rest of them... who saw this coming? Not you obviously
      A member of a council tried to do it that's what Ive been maintaining this whole time you tool.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.