Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i am hideous without makeup Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    basicallly i am hideous without EYE makeup, like black eyeliner. i use liquid liner for best effect. i like foundation blusher etc but without my eye makeup i am stil hideous..
    in school i wore no makeup because i didnt know how to apply it and was treated like im ugly. i had to wear glasses which made me 10 times more ugly. my self-esteem was so low, i was paranoid the boys would call me ugly as they sometimes did....
    now i got contacts and wear alot of eye makeup and people call me fit and hot. but wheni see myself without the makeup, i am so ugly that i wouldnt let anyone apart from family see me without it.
    it is mostly my eyes, without makeup they look horrible, with makeup they look nice.
    im not a girly girl and dont go for that mask look or a girly look, i dont like having to wear blackeyeliner but i am so ugly without it

i was wondering if any of you have like seen your friends once without makeup for the first time and been surprised or anything like that.....
    Tbh I never used to wear make up until after 16 ish, and now I have to wear it all the time otherwise I feel 'ugly'. I know I'm not really that bad with out tbh, but I totally see ure point. Once you start on the black eyeliner, its hard to stop. I dont think any of my friends have seen me without eyeliner, and I dont know how theyd react if they did :s:

I just hope that some day soon, I feel confident enough to go out make-up free :rolleyes: x

ReputationRep:
    basicallly i am hideous without EYE makeup, like black eyeliner. i use liquid liner for best effect. i like foundation blusher etc but without my eye makeup i am stil hideous..
    in school i wore no makeup because i didnt know how to apply it and was treated like im ugly. i had to wear glasses which made me 10 times more ugly. my self-esteem was so low, i was paranoid the boys would call me ugly as they sometimes did....
    now i got contacts and wear alot of eye makeup and people call me fit and hot. but wheni see myself without the makeup, i am so ugly that i wouldnt let anyone apart from family see me without it.
    it is mostly my eyes, without makeup they look horrible, with makeup they look nice.
    im not a girly girl and dont go for that mask look or a girly look, i dont like having to wear blackeyeliner but i am so ugly without it

i was wondering if any of you have like seen your friends once without makeup for the first time and been surprised or anything like that.....
    oh my goodness, I am the same! lol eyeliner is a daily staple
    I used to wear glasses, they were a v high prescription so made my eyes look smaller than they really were and made my face completely out of proportion. Plus, my eyelashes are so sparse, my eyes look naked without eyeliner I actually look like a different person just wearing eyeliner...
    Don't feel bad about wearing makeup! You're just enhancing what you've got
    If you really want to be more 'natural', try weaning yourself off some of your products - like swapping liquid eyeliner for a softer pencil in more neutral shades eg brown and foundation for tinted moisturiser?

ReputationRep:
    That really is a terrible thing to say to someone with this problem.
    It was a joke. Beauty does not exist on the inside, it's completely external. If you're ugly on the outside, you're screwed.

nah i know im ugly without makeup, its basically just my eyes which makes the big difference. i could go out without foundation, but without eyeliner, no way. its like my eyes look completely different

ReputationRep:

Oh no!! Please dont think you're 'ugly' without make-up!! You shouldnt compare yourself to others or even worry about what others say, people are fond of you for you, not your make-up!!
    I don't wear make-up, I dont think I'm the most beautiful person on the planet, far from it, but my Family and Friends are fond of me just the same
    As for guys, someone will be attracted to you not because they like your eye-make up but because they like you!! Seriously!!
    Isnt it more unusual and arent you seen as more beautiful when you dont wear make-up or hide yourself away because a few people say something spiteful, most probably out of jealousy or stupidity!!
    I wear glasses and I have braces (retainers that I only have to wear a few nights a week now, thank goodness ) so I can understand where you're coming from
    Hope you learn to feel good about yourself, as it's important!! You are almost certainly, no, you are definately not going to look as bad as you think you do!! The way we percieve ourselves is based entirely on what we think we would see from others' perspective, please dont worry about it, as long as you're a good person you'll be pretty enough to be attractive to someone!!
    Hope that helps!!

ReputationRep:
    OP, just be glad you're female and makeup is an option for you. Ugly guys like us just have to deal with it - no makeup allowed. Ever. I'm not meaning to belittle the problem, and I sympathise with the pain of it, but remember some of us have it worse (the ones with Y chromosomes)

I'll say another thing though - people are generally bad at judging how good looking they are. It's really easy to spiral into self-loathing if you start obsessing over details that most people don't pick up on anyway. People who call others ugly usually have a different motive as well - if they were saying it in a malicious or cocky way it probably didn't mean anything much. Maybe it's a group of schoolboys showing off their loudmouths to each other, or maybe it's Mr High-standards in a club holding together his delicate ego.

tl;dr: Insults from strangers and enemies don't mean much.

ReputationRep:
    Every girl is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by >Anna<)
    You're probably imagining it.

I hate going out with make up on too, especially at the moment because my skin has broken out horribly due to copious amounts of stress, but one day I went out with no make up and wearing the first clothes I could find and I got stopped by a guy. Made me re-think the whole make up thing a bit.

Be brave and go without

Good girl PM on it's way

ReputationRep:
    As a male I admit that I've become so used to artificial girls just about everywhere (TV, magazines, in the street) that I'll occasionally think a girl isn't good looking, and it takes a couple of seconds to realise its only because they aren't wearing make up. I wish this wasn't the case, but more a sad reflection on the world today. After artificially improving your looks, its obvious everything below that will seem bad.

(Original post by Formica)
    OP, just be glad you're female and makeup is an option for you. Ugly guys like us just have to deal with it - no makeup allowed. Ever.
    I sometimes think that too :P But because there is so little guys can do to improve their looks compared to girls it means you have to put up with looking ugly and just get on with life.

ReputationRep:
    On me it is completely different.
    I only use eyeliner because I look better witout make up!
    But I have friends that cant go out without makeup, so I know what that is.
    And I cant go out if im not earing my hoops :P

I am the same, I feel really unattractive without makeup. I won't go out without makeup (except when jogging in the morning).

My eyelashes and eyebrows are really light/blondeish, so without colouring my eyebrows in and putting on false lashes or mascara...ech. Plus I will never have a perfect complexion as I had acne when I was younger.

I'm not hideous, but I don't feel attractive without makeup. With makeup, I feel happy :-)

ReputationRep:
    I wear no make up all the time. My skin doesn't like it. You are not ugly.

ReputationRep:
    Aren't 99% of females ":lolwut:" without makeup? From what I've seen since day dot, they are. So in conclusion OP, you're part of a very big club. Relax :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    What is up with girls who feel make-up makes them who they are?

GIRLS: YOU MAKE THE MAKE UP, THE MAKE UP DOES NOT MAKE YOU - SAME WITH CLOTHES AND ACCESSORIES.

If you go around thinking you only look good in make up, you're gonna feel ugly for the rest of your life.

Give make up a break so you get used to your face and appreciate it more x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.